my missle wip

Discussion in 'General' started by =HELLION=, Jun 18, 2006.

1. Niarbeht

Niarbeht Member

Look for all posts by Bojangl3s. You should find it, someday.

2. Ganks

Ganks Banned

im getting sick of lookin at this thread... o.o

stop reviving it

3. Wereaser

Wereaser Member

But =hellion= still adds his wip stuff in here!

4. =HELLION=

=HELLION= Member

i took a class in college for 3d studio and i have been using it ever since. but i learned how to model by various threads on other forms , from people giving tut's and what not. i always had the know how, from making maps from almost every major 3d engine from doom1 to present. i like 3d studios interface , it might be a real pain to learn, but once you learn it, it grows on you. i had thoughts on switching my workload over to maya but since autodesk now owns maya, i dont think i'll need to afterall.

sadly and goodly to say, talus you get your wish, ill not post in this thread for at least 2 weeks, i am moving to a new apartment today, and it will be probably 2 weeks for them to up the net. although i will work on the models, and post my completed ones to krenzo from somewhere else, that is after i everything unpacked and set away. :D

5. Beerdude26

Beerdude26 OnThink(){ IsDownYet(); }

6. knighttemplar

knighttemplar Member

I'm thinking about adding the dryest quote from someone like dee or someone. Something that isn't funny or anything, it just is. Does that sound Exisential? Does anyone know what existential means? Why does Hellion's box not look like plasma shells?

7. Krenzo

Krenzo Administrator

It's a vent that would go on the outside of the tank turret I think. It's not the shell.

8. Destroyer224

Destroyer224 Member

That would be great, that way you can realize "OH SHIT! Why didn't I pick coolant instead of fission!?" before he even shoots at you.

9. =HELLION=

=HELLION= Member

back online, early. things are looking good sofar on the move as well, atm im lost in my own place and other then that all is well.

the vent is intended to express that the plasma shell is unstable and it will be venting plasma as it gets shot from point a to b. i intend to do some animated sprites denoting the leaking plasma, also the shell has a thruster that will have the leaking plasma from it. or im flexable and can do without the vents :P well here is what im geting at.
    [​IMG]

10. dumpster_fox

dumpster_fox Member

The texture seems a little lower resolution than the other shell you did, but otherwise, all scientific inaccuracies aside, it looks damn awesome.

11. dizzyone

dizzyone I've been drinking, heavily

welcome back hellion.

It looks very nice, but if I may critize it a bit I think the vents look a bit odd, maybe you could change the vents into one big texture going all the way around, also I think every part of it looks very hot but as a hole I think it needs something to make it look like the different parts belong together, dno how to explain, lemme make a little paint picture, just my 2cents, its your creation afterall

edit

[​IMG]

I have a razor copperhead so very hard to draw with it, but I hope you can see the general idea of what i was trying to go for, the grey part with the blue being some kind of layer surrounding the full shell, the vent being stretched over the full diameter (?) and instead of the round blue holes, making some of the blue glowing lines go over the edge and across.

Still yours looks very hot :)

Last edited: Aug 17, 2006
  12. =HELLION=

=HELLION= Member

well its the same res [256x256] i think its just that that there was really not that much detail in the others, or maybe that its just that i hand painted the otheres vs downscaling created 3d images.

Diz/ yea i think ill do something with the vent area, i was planing on having something different but its really really tough to put details in a small 256x256 space lol. i might remove the vents.

13. dizzyone

heh i can imagine, well I was just throwing out ideas.
    In some way yours made me think of those weird middle eastern lamps, fluid lines usually look more futuristic

14. Shinzon

Shinzon Member

Good to have you back :D

I suggest you change the army green to a black on the shell, that way it will blend the whole thing together... currently it looks a bit out of place and a bit NF'ish... (Looks like they took a regular shell casing, slapped on a new detonation head, and slapped on vent systems on the back)

15. Krenzo

Krenzo Administrator

The whole idea behind the plasma shell is that as it's fired, it becomes superheated to a plasma energy state (ie, the sun). Thus, it's extremely hot but isn't very strong. It sucks at penetrating armor, but it dumps a lot of heat into the target surface. I imagined that the shell itself would look bright and hot like a tracer round except as large as a regular shell.

16. Wereaser

Wereaser Member

Like a fireball?

17. Shinzon

Shinzon Member

Or something like those combine balls?

18. dizzyone

guess you cant use the blue then? I thought it looked pretty cool

19. Darg

Darg Member

Perhaps use the model hellion created but have it explode into the plasma ball after 20-30 feet? It would look pretty sweet to see it just burst into plasma in mid flight.

20. Shinzon

Shinzon Member

*Gets giddy*
    That would certanly increase the plasma use :D im going to go and make a spirte for it :D

Edit: My hand hurts, and I am now a bit closer to carpal tunnel's syndrome... but I guess It turned out alright

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 17, 2006