my missle wip

Discussion in 'General' started by =HELLION=, Jun 18, 2006.

1. Doobie

Doobie Ancient Tester

Those would look sweet if they were used for Nukes.

Might make it possible to tell if you were going to be blown away if standing 20 feet away or 2 feet.

2. Angry

Angry Junior Member

Looking good so far, but.
    If you do one for tanks should at the very least look like a tank shell.

Standard
    [​IMG]

And possibly make diffrent shells for the diffrent types of cannons
    [​IMG]

3. =HELLION=

=HELLION= Member

4. =HELLION=

=HELLION= Member

ermmm, well this could pose a problem, not really but its just ill have to do one for the size on the brenodi , as you can see there gun isnt as big as the nf's :P
    [​IMG]

5. Krenzo

Krenzo Administrator

The gun's not bigger. You're just using field of view trickery here. The brenodi cannon in that pic is actually a mile farther back than the NF one.

I'll use whatever missile models you come up with. Megel was working on some, but I think he got hung up on the texturizing part and didn't finish.

6. =HELLION=

=HELLION= Member

your joking right? serious though those are butted up ...

well anyhow here is the zip with the missiles, now id like to add:
    1st that ive never done models only maps sofar, and that i dont know really if this is set up correct.im not sure but as is , its set to be a great static prop, and compared to the stock hl2 missile it looks to have about the same properties, but for using it as a missile ingame i dont know if like the jetblast will come out of the correct area and all that jazz..
    2nd if the empires mod goes mega platinum and krenzo is pimping his bling bling, you at least remember me ;)

now that thats been said , here is the download :rolleyes:
    http://dodownload.filefront.com/5208132//919af7c7613bc3f9a1c26d20066bcee66509cb5d0c7def27eea971b8eaffdbda0e25a5b07e1c9bf1
    btw unzip to mod folder

Last edited: Jul 1, 2006
  7. Bodrick

Bodrick Ye Olde Supermod

You do know that the only part of that shell that actually comes out is the very end bit, right? (At the dotted lines)

8. Angry

Angry Junior Member

Yeah, but I'm thinking the whole thing can be used as a cool prop in the Vehicle Factory and the Armoury. And He can just chop of the end of the finnished model for the shell.

As for the other picture, The pointy one is a Depleted Uranium shell If I'm not mistaken.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2006
  9. =HELLION=

=HELLION= Member

well i had thought about doing some ammo crate boxes as well , i guess i could add onto it later for that purpose. it is good you mentioned it.

here is a picture discribing the above a bit better :)
    btw heh yea that pointy one just looks painfull..
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 27, 2006
  10. =HELLION=

=HELLION= Member

well i guess missile could denote more then just missile, now its my shell 'missile' wip thread... here is the progress ive goten today, lots of fine-tweeking to this to not get it to turn out like a big *toy* although something tells me people are still going to say hey that looks like a big
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 28, 2006
  11. Broccoli

Broccoli Member

looking awesome. So much more manly and beefy than the stock HL2 ones!

12. mr_quackums

mr_quackums Member

thats what she said

13. =HELLION=

=HELLION= Member

oh yes remember when i was saying how sometimes it was hard to walk around without runing into missiles, well it was the same with bombs, heres a pic from somebody showing inside the hanger bay at night.
    [​IMG]

14. Jn.

Jn. Member

*kicks a missile in frustration*

15. knighttemplar

knighttemplar Member

*picks up Jn's mangled body pieces

16. Jn.

Jn. Member

hahaha :D

17. Shinzon

Shinzon Member

Someone quick bring the tranquilser gun!!! hes going to go off again...

Hellion looks like you have been busy :p how long did you 3d model?

18. Wereaser

Wereaser Member

=HELLION=: That's a sub caliber dart, they're usually made from dense metal and used for taking out armored vehicles. One of our instructors in the army gave us a lesson on tanks and used weaponry(after that he drove over us with a tank, scary feeling when the tank passes over your head and the tracks run way too close on both sides).

19. =HELLION=

=HELLION= Member

well how long have i been? well on an off for the past 10 or so years, i stoped for about 2 or 3 because i was thinking about working as a computer tech. then i switched back to thinking about doing it 1/2 way through my tour of duty in the navy... right now im doing a supply job in the mean time.:cool:

as for the missile it took about 4 or 5 hrs to model and id say 1 or 2 days to paint up a texture... on the shell it took me about 3 hrs and well heh im working on the texture right now. i work with a vet. from the army and i was asking him how the arty shells looked in his day and he said they were mostly all green like the ones priviously shown here on the thread... i was going to do a all brass shell ala [krenzo should know this one] the shell on display in the navy boot camp. but i decided that i should stick to what is really used and not a brassed up display that they made you 'spit shine' even when it was more reflective then a mirror.

wereaser: they ran over you with the tread ? i must not understand, i would have thought that would still crush you. also the picture above is not really all that many , all the more intresting bomb and missiles and such were always around, usually right where you wanted to walk, it really sucked when they would cart them in the galley deck [food ala cart level] and close the whole thing down so you couldnt eat til there were done off loading/onloading

Last edited: Jul 1, 2006
  20. Wereaser

Wereaser Member

We were supposed to roll BETWEEN the treads UNDER the tank. :D