ModDB End of Year Awards

Discussion in 'General' started by Krenzo, Oct 30, 2006.

1. Broccoli

Broccoli Member

I uploaded the low-res version to the Empires file section myself. I am unable to upload the full version however, as my connection times out around 15mb. I didn't really want to upload in individual segments, so I thought I'd leave it to someone who can do it in one go. If you can, feel free to do so. Just copy the title and put "Full" at the end, and add something similar to the description. I believe anyone who is registered can upload files.

And about Troy, I think it had some really good concepts (the whole 'spirit' thing was pure genious), but unfortunately they did seem to fizzle out before they were implemented properly. The mapping also seems to be limited to a single level, but it does look like a little more than just a killbox. They have potential, which could get them and upcoming award, but unless they are in active development I would argue as to whether they should qualify for such a category.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2006
  2. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

I'm worried about the Iron Grip one. Even if it doesn't have the depth of tactics empires has.... have you seen the amount of publicity on their ModDB artical? AND they're mod of the month at the moment, which means they probably get about twice as many clicks to their page. because there is a perma link on the ModDB homepage :(

3. L3TUC3

L3TUC3 Member

Well, I doubt we'd win any popularity contest simply because the mod is fairly complex. I'm more looking at the editors choice, and just hope they won't pick the obvious ones.

4. Beerdude26

Beerdude26 OnThink(){ IsDownYet(); }

Uploading the High Quality version of the trailer btw

5. DonMegel

DonMegel Member

You'll be the second one, as I already did it. Ofcourse I could have done it wrong...

6. Beerdude26

flower Murphy's law

This reply endorses hippy love

Last edited: Nov 18, 2006
  7. Stu

Stu BehälterGott

If anything besides empires wins, I will cry. Those other mods may have lasers, or a really freakin good art department, but they are missing the fun-as-fuck gameplay that empires has.

8. Beerdude26

By the way, why isn't the video uploaded to the Theatre yet? Or is it under review or something?

9. Krenzo

Krenzo Administrator

"Thanks for submitting your trailer. We are currently in the final stages of finalizing our awards player and ironing out all the kinks: http://awards.moddb.com/2006/theater/

Once that is done it will be put up with a link to vote for your mod. We are expecting millions of viewers so it’ll be a great chance to boost your mods publicity and maybe win one of the 2006 MOTY awards prizes :D"

And by the way, I beat all of you in uploading the high quality trailer once I saw Broccoli uploaded the low quality one.

10. supaste

supaste Member

omg! freeking sweet!

11. Solokiller

Solokiller Member

There's a sound file just like that.

12. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

so... the theatre thing isn't finished yet, and when it is, there will be the trailers for dozens of mods on it?

13. supaste

supaste Member

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/sfGEqH2R-6w"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/sfGEqH2R-6w" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="600" height="350"></embed></object>

14. Trid3nt

Trid3nt Member

When aircraft come you should make another one, but with a failed attack/ counter attack theme. In fact we should make a script in the storyline forum

15. DonMegel

DonMegel Member

I have one made out going to the 3 Doors Down song "When Im gone"

16. Niarbeht

Niarbeht Member

The internet holds many copies of Windows XP discs on its. Find a copy of the Windows XP disc that is legal for you to obtain under the Fair Use Act (if you live in America), download, burn, and re-install. I'm not actually sure that Fair Use covers downloading something you've already paid for, but I don't think MS would have an easy time suing you. Hell, you could probably counter-sue.

Oh, yes, most companies have replacement policies on their CDs. You might consider calling them and asking what theirs is, supposing you're a legal customer.

17. L3TUC3

L3TUC3 Member

Looks like they added some videos. Not the empires one though.

Humbug.

18. Awrethien

Awrethien Member

How does the voteing think actualy work? Is it is based on IP? As once you vote it wont let you do so again. I was thinking about showing the vid to some people here at work.(plenty of games here. I work in tech support) I was just worried it might not let them vote. I probably could ask one of our networking guys but that would not get answered for two weeks. lol Isnt Verison DSL Support so nice?

19. decemberscalm

decemberscalm Member

... HAWhAT?! Why is troy there? =.= Its not even really finished and buggy as hell. Its even discontinued.

20. Angry

Angry Junior Member

This doesn't make sense... World of padman (Quake III) gets its video in but others don't?

Last edited: Nov 25, 2006