Mission Statements

Discussion in 'Clans' started by Ikalx, Oct 18, 2007.

1. Caelo

Caelo Member

If I play I too go for the weakest team unless it is almost equal and all CW are on 1 team :P

2. nebajoth

nebajoth Member

Hi. I'm late to this thread. Silk posted the link on the CW forum, and I came and read all 15 pages. Hilarious stuff. I especially love Opie and Simon's posts. I burst out laughing several times -- at the pure comedy, mind you, not in a passive aggressive sense.

Ikalx has already applied to CW by this point, so I'm just posting this to summarize some of the points.

BSID and CW (and Bruckner) have authoritarian hierarchies. JPL is a sociocracy, and is a slightly optimized consensus-based brotherhood.

Both JPL and CW have enough members to comfortably field League teams.

BSID does not, but should.

Bruckner is eligible, but may have to scramble to find members.

In terms of productive additions to the energy of the mod, I would actually suggest joining Bruckner or BSID. Both have strong branding and the potential to be major clans. JJ45 is putting together a very respectable force. Simon and Opie are a great basis for a return of a better, more community-oriented BSID. If you joined either of those clans, your butterfly wings will cause a bigger tornado elsewhere in the mod.

There have been cooperative inter-clan activities. The UEC (JPL + ON|E + CW) funded the Empires Federation Battleground for half a year. CW has recently withdrawn from that economic union, but to my knowledge JPL and ON|E continue to fund it. Further, the League is a non-partisan effort directed at improving the quality of gameplay for everyone, and accepts clan-members as referees, so long as they have a deserved reputation for being honest and fair.

One of our missions at CW is to create a "softer landing" for new players to the game. We often get mocked for accepting just about "any old emp_recruit", but we're not prepared to leave people with the wish to organize out in the cold. We allow open applications, and will consider each application carefully and methodically.

We DO engage in censorship and disciplinary measures from time to time. We are not interested in repressing free speech. The executive of CW only intervenes when members bruise feelings or cause exceptional harm to the image of the mod. We are especially concerned about people's first impression of the game. New players are our most valuable resource. We can sometimes react severely when our members compromise that first impression.

This has only happened a few times, however. Most people who come to us have a good heart, and the problems have been relatively few. As alluded to earlier, the recruitment process itself was first decentralized, and then rationalized. It continues to evolve: more questions are added to the application, and the length and sophistication of debate about new candidates that we carry out behind closed doors has increased.

We're happy to have received your application to CW, Ikalx, and will consider it carefully.

I hope this post isn't too late to have been some use to someone.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2007
  3. Shinzon

Shinzon Member

Recent complains against ONE of our members has been mild at most...

Yes the main idea in JPL is cooperation between free willed parties; that is our ideal and our promise to everyone who is invited. Many of our members come from diffrent walks of life; some are mappers some are coders some are artists... For quite a while we have been slowly putting together a "JPL-Empires Mini Mod" it includes jeeps with MG's; in short crazy Empires :p

http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa41/Dafleck/nf_warjeep/hl22007-08-0113-04-52-95.png
    http://img253.imageshack.us/img253/9381/newweaponswm8.jpg

4. Aurora

Aurora Radiating love, empathy and maternal instincts

Can you PM me and tell me more specifically what he's been doing?

5. Valiant

Valiant Member

Wait... ikalx applied? Is there some sort of bizarro CW forum that i'm simply not aware of? O.o
    EDIT: Oh. I sure am observant. :D

Last edited: Nov 2, 2007
  6. tkeracer619

tkeracer619 Member

This is a big misconception. We joke around with people in public, we joke around with each other, and we joke around with our friends. We have a serious side, we just choose to keep it inside... where it counts.

We are an invite only clan that bases it's members on skill level and personality. We have a well thought out plan of attack that to this date has been carried out almost flawlessly. Assuming we are not "serious" as I have seen in countless posts on this forum is exactly that, an assumption. Don't be fooled.

Silk I quoted you because I didn't feel like scrolling through 15 pages to find others, I am not trying to single you out.

7. davee magee

davee magee Member

I have to second this. JPL is probably the largest amount of skilled players brought together in one place.
    Although some of us are abit rusty, and others only have to take a week's worth of gap before they're complete noob's at the game again (me).
    i know it sounds bigheaded, but its true.
    There are obviously other skilled players out there; all im saying is that we have the largest amount of them in ONE PLACE.
    At the moment we are starting to slow down a bit, with a few of our player excluded from the beta for some reason. Which is fair enough i suppose, because most of us wernt actually contributing very well to the bug finding (me again).
    Hopefully we will be back up on full steam as soon as 2.0 comes out, and the new player base comes in. (i.e lost of new members to snatch up, hopefully before CW steals them all)

8. Silk

Silk Mapper

Fair enough. If i'm wrong i should be corrected anyways.

It's possible i was under that impression because i can only see the public part of your forum, and you can't deny that you guys love to insult eachother for fun in the offtopic and backhole section of your forum :cool:
    Offcourse with a little help from bob. It was always fun to read.

9. SwampRat

SwampRat Member

I've just joined in with JJ45's lot, I've yet to partake fully in stuff with the rest of the chaps there but hopefully I won't let the side down too much (even if it means being halfway sensible on the server). Thats probably a good reason to be in a clan - having some sort of responsibility for generally reasonablish conduct.

That and following orders unquestioningly sounds like a very good plan to me. oddly.

10. Ikalx

Ikalx Member

Your local army recruitment centre has sent out a dispatch to pick you up ;)

11. Aurora

12. Ikalx

Ikalx Member

I think you'll find that is trust and a shared sense of purpose ;)

13. Aurora

Trust, especially in leaders, yes. And most of the time, shared sense of purpose among members comes by itself if an organization publicly states it's goals - which I'm doing at the moment.

[​IMG]

14. Jcw87

Jcw87 Member

I like your images JJ45. Maybe you should create some general Empires promotional images for when Krenzo wants the media to start rolling

15. Emp_Recruit

Emp_Recruit Member

lol noob ur arties will get pwned.

16. SwampRat

SwampRat Member

the arties may get pwned, but they have back up from giants

17. Emp_Recruit

Emp_Recruit Member

U got in the skybox!!!

18. supaste

supaste Member

"Have kinky fun with a bunch of faggots"