Mission Statements

Discussion in 'Clans' started by Ikalx, Oct 18, 2007.

1. Evan

Evan League Commissioner

I think we would be able to host forums for you if you made a clan.

As for reffing matches, sorry. What you are describing is the league and it exists already.

2. Ikalx

Ikalx Member

That'd be nice ^^

This was abit crazy, basically at the time I had the thought that instead of having your refs in CW and JPL etc (and people complaining they are biased) they could go into another division...that would kind of effectively remove them from the clan though...I guess if it was just a community with a rep for fairness :confused:

Don't mind me, I make no sense on forums from time to time [this thread is littered with nonsensical questions] :dead_nf:

3. Aurora

Aurora Radiating love, empathy and maternal instincts

On the other hand, =[Ü]='s goal is also world conquest, using the lifeblood we bring to Empires with our interesting RP-ish community culture. This clan would be completely boring from the inside, if our only goal was skilful playing. Friendship and art (such as mapping and various sorts of clan graphics) are just as important. We like to keep rivalry on a healthy level, also. I can still remember the terrible drama between FB and BSID from over a year ago.

On a different note; =[Ü]= is a fairly young clan, and there aren't many people (besides myself) pulling it forward. Most are just following. So if you're interested in having things your way and being a leader of some sort, you'd have a good chance of gaining influence in our ranks.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2007
  4. Hikuso

Hikuso Member

Ah yes, HSM, love being commanded by him :)
    The pure PASSION of HSM... Brilliant

5. Silk

Silk Mapper

I just saw this thread Ikalx, and wanted to answer your question about why someone should want to be in a clan. The problem was i couldn't come up with many reasons. The few advantages have all been said before. So i started thinking, why the hell did i join CW about 8 months ago? The next few sentences will probably not make any sense at first, but ... heck they'll never make any sense, but it's the truth nonetheless.
    I joined CW because:
    1) i'm not a very social person
    2) i'm lazy
    3) i don't like to do things simply because someone expects me to do it
    4) i need a lot of freedom
    5) i consider myself to be a relative modest person, who doesn't want power, ... or a reputation for that matter
    6) i wanted to see what it would be like to be in a clan, since i had never been in a clan before ... or in any community or group for that matter.

Sounds strange (apart from the last one)? Well it depends on how you look at it. Every living person wants to improve himself in some way. For the last few years i've been trying to be less lazy, more social, do something usefull for a change, and many other things like that. However since about a year ago there's one thing i've come to live with: i'm lazy, and i want to remain lazy. However it's not easy to improve yourself when you're lazy, so yeah ... small problem there. Then evan asked me to join cw and i started thinking. I could be part of a group, help people more easily, get to know some people much much better than i could being clanless, do something usefull (everything is relative) and experience how it is to be in a clan. ALL OF THIS SITTING ON MY ASS BEHIND MY PC. However i wasn't sure at first, since i love my freedom, so i asked Evan how much freedom i would have once i joined cw. Apparantly being very active would make you earn ranks faster, but it was up to me to decide how much time i wanted to spend with cw. This was good enough for me, so i joined.

After like 5 months i was, apart from Evan and Nebajoth, the highest ranking member, with full moderator and admin powers on the forum. I had started mapping, which was something usefull although not yet something to be proud of. I had been discussing subjects with people i highly respect that helped to improve cw in many ways. When evan and nebajoth were running out of time, me and caelo took over recruitment, which improved at least the recruitment proces pretty much back then. I participated in practices, but only if i had the time. ALL OF THIS SITTING ON MY LAZY ASS.

THAT is why i hoped joining a clan would be good for me. And it turned out waaaay better than i ever expected. Me having admin powers? I mean what the hell, who decided to give me admin powers? That's nothing for an unimportant, simple guy like me. It took me weeks to find out how i could change maps on our server, and i'm still making mistakes when i'm adding new members to the cw forum. But i got used to it, more than that, i think i need it by now. I love being in cw, and i wouldn't leave, unless they'd throw me out.

One last thing. While i respect jpl and bsid very much, i'm afraid i wouldn't fit in all that well. So you were right to ask these questions if you're thinking about joining a clan. Most clans are good clans, but that doesn't mean they're all good for you. I only have an opinion about cw, jpl and bsid. I know most other empires clans by name, but not good enough to say something about them.
    The way i see it all 3 clans are professional clans. Wether you're playing against Simon, JCW or Stuie, you'll be in serious danger. If you're playing together with them, they will help you and expect you to help them. Personally i think the biggest difference between cw and jpl is that cw is more serious (meaning less jokes, not taking being a clan more serious), while jpl seems to be able to make jokes at any given time (while still taking being a clan serious). We've had people leave cw before, and we've been called being too serious more than once. I for one like that, and as long as i can make fun of people on our forums, and don't feel the need to do it on a public forum or server. To be honest i don't know why you should or shouldn't join bsid at this time. I respect Opie for his personality, and i respect Simon and HSM for their skills (most people however know what i think about HSM when not talking about his skills - being a serious person i can not enjoy getting insulted faster than i can reply, however i'm usually capable of ignoring him). bsid has improved a lot since over a year ago, which is an effort i respect, and i do think joining them would make for an experience as good as joining jpl or cw, once you get to know all of them a little better ;). There are many other clans by now though, which i don't know very well, but can be very interesting for you.
    Starting your own clan is something i'm sure off will be awesome, but time consuming. The time problem can be greatly reduced by having thrustworthy people help you out. Unfortunately since i never started a clan i can't tell much about it. There's but one thing: when i joined cw we had only a very few members, and even though evan recruited me because he needed people and not because he needed me, i know i helped this clan becoming big in not that many months. If making something small grow bigger feels even better than helping something small grow bigger, you'll be one happy bastard.

That's it.

Edit: So far i know jpl, bsid, cw, On|E, [1337], TG, [II], ghost, z4g, [ü], CB and KOD. However i don't know which ones are empires only, or if all of them still exist.
    If it's for fun you can always ask COCK if you can join them ;)

Last edited: Oct 29, 2007
  6. arklansman

arklansman Member

7. Silk

Silk Mapper

I'm sure your mother will summarize it for you :D

8. Mr. Weedy

Mr. Weedy I will report bugs on the bug tracker

And tl;dr means?...

9. Silk

Silk Mapper

Too long, didn't read

10. Ikalx

Ikalx Member

Wheee....well that's actually an incredibly useful post Silk, thanks for that. Yeah, as you say, atm i'm just between whether or not I could make a new clan work (and be bothered to make it work) or whether I should just join a real clan and see what it's like.

The old clan that I had was just pretty much getting its feet off the ground before it dissolved so i'm pretty wary about that happening again (it was a fun clan, but still..).

11. Valiant

Valiant Member

just do whatever you think is best.

12. Ikalx

Ikalx Member

Annex the world and forge my own empire with the last sword of power?...yeeaah I think whatever I think is a bit more crazy than you've come to expect from me ^^

/Gonna try CW.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2007
  13. Aurora

Aurora Radiating love, empathy and maternal instincts

=[Ü]= is pretty alive now with 13 members, but we need people like you to make it work better. ;)

14. Ikalx

Ikalx Member

JJ...I think you have some people in your clan that aren't good for your reputation. I don't really know your members, but if the tags are right I think you have at least one who is a prat.

15. knighttemplar

knighttemplar Member

its likely just Simon

16. Ikalx

Ikalx Member

S. Wave. If it's the same guy, hindered gameplay on the server for a couple of weeks.

17. davee magee

davee magee Member

me?

i NEVER play drunk.

honest...:p

18. Emp_Recruit

Emp_Recruit Member

Plz I might be an ass on the forums and in chat but I'm not a douche ingame.

19. Shinzon

Shinzon Member

*Bursts out laughing and falls of chair*

Yeah... Sure buddy :P

*Taps Simon on the back*

20. Emp_Recruit

Emp_Recruit Member

Really, pretty sure I'm one of the few people that actually balances teams now. And considering 90% of complaints have been about your clan lately I'm not sure your in a position to do really lame ** emotes.