Mission Statements

Discussion in 'Clans' started by Ikalx, Oct 18, 2007.

1. Evan

Evan League Commissioner

While I'm not suggesting that you shouldn't just join CW, here's a thought: You could always start a new clan :)

I wasn't happy with any of the existing clans when I was going to look for one to join, so I made a new one called CommWarriors. Creating a new one gives you total freedom to do it your way. Your way or the highway.

2. arklansman

arklansman Member

Don't you many any of the existing clan? xD

3. Evan

Evan League Commissioner

That doesn't even make sense

4. Opie

Opie Member

LOL <filler> 2!

5. arklansman

arklansman Member

I know. :P

EDIT: Also instant message forums, woo! :D

6. Dubee

Dubee Grapehead

lol actually you made CW because JPL didnt want you :p

oh yeah boo.. im sure everyone will take that as flames but its the damn truth and I am not tryin to be mean

7. Shinzon

Shinzon Member

lol...

Aaaaahh... Empires Clans... Brining you drama since their conception...

I think all of the clans would be ok with eachother if there was no clan section... Because every thread in here tunrs into pyro wars :D

8. arklansman

arklansman Member

CW was around before JPL, he was just the only member when we rejected him. :P

9. Evan

Evan League Commissioner

Lol I started CW before JPL was around. I tried to join JPL when CW fell apart and before I put it back together.

10. Evan

Evan League Commissioner

My buddy Bob The Builder had one mission: blowjobs to all JPLers to secure my entrance. He failed :(

11. Dubee

Dubee Grapehead

oh i c... wasnt CW created by someone else then?

my rule has always been finish in 10 or no doe

12. Evan

Evan League Commissioner

13. Shinzon

Shinzon Member

Already wrote a mini history before this thread got derailed...

Its somewhere deep... Within the bowels of this thread...

14. Ikalx

Ikalx Member

Well...I've done it before, but i'm too lazy to actually keep one alive, so it just falls apart after a while.

The reason i'm not that keen on matches is just that from time to time I seem to have this knack of doing things that seem to have wide ranging consequences, i.e cause the team to lose by some slight infraction. It's a bit :eek: and :confused: and filled with :headshot: I would want to play some matches tho, just not a whole season of them, more like a quarter or so.

The reason I was looking to join a clan, is mainly because I was actually asked, and I know how badly the unclanned get left behind once things start up. The way to really progress skillwise is to get into a clan and also the clan scene is a somewhat separate entity from public and things happen there that aren't usually seen in a public game.

Take <another bad example> css, i've been playing it on and off since it came out and never really been clanned, nowadays I look around and the people I used to get the better of most of the time can own me without breaking a sweat...at that point being clanned doesn't even become an option. There's nowhere to go for me in that game anymore, it's always had some seriously annoying flaws, but i'd still be an active player if I was in a clan...now, it just gets boring after a while.

Empires is different. I actually feel that in a couple of years I still want to be playing it on the frontline, toe-to-toe against the major players and I can't do that as a pub limey, i'll just end up playing too many poor games and not being bothered to play.

15. Ikalx

Ikalx Member

Just so we can have them on the same page.

16. Valiant

Valiant Member

Ikalx, for better or worst depending on who you ask, most clans have enough players that you could probably play just once in a while. But honestly, don't join a clan just because someone asked. Only Join a clan if YOU want to join it.
    Besides, there's always the public training server that'll come out soon after 2.0 :D

And just remember, just as your actions can cause your team to fail, they can also open the path towards victory. Many a game have you saved my ass through your actions. Don't be so hard on yourself.

17. Melee

Melee Member

To Ikalx.
    I too have considered joing clans and have been a member of "One" Community, and also joined "CW" but as I have an attitude problem "lol". I dont seem to be that interested in the whole my clans better than your clan thing.

BUT I have considered setting up a clan for those with more of a FUn orientation and lighthearted approach.
    I have chatted with you ingame and your very helpful, this is the spirit of what I would like in a clan.
    my clan tag is "™" which is for Teh Mercenaries - we show no allegiance to ether faction and only fight for our own Honour.
    So wat you think?

18. Evan

Evan League Commissioner

Sounds like a good idea, melee.

Ikalx, having a co-leader makes running a clan much easier.

19. Jcw87

Jcw87 Member

Hey, you don't get to use ™! I already use that in my name, and I think momo does too. If you do decide to go ahead with it, you better not accuse me of impersonating clan members.

20. Ikalx

Ikalx Member

That's actually quite tempting to be honest. I had thought of something that would occupy the middle ground (my name for it was Chaos Mercs, since my old clan used to be the Chaos Guardians ;) ) and act more like the regular lifesblood of empires rather than for any specific conquest goal. Up until recently I had thought that CW represented most of this role, with their training server and all, but methinks they're a little more interested in world conquest (and sports days) especially now that they're going to have to fill BSID's shoes for the league.

However...i'm lazy (and rather poor at html) so things like webpages and forums and clan structuring and such...well there are a lot of little details with a clan that make it established rather than just a floating idea and if there's anything it should have, it's longevity.

Edited for being too crazy upon waking ^^

Anyway, I seem to have done something really strange so i'll shut up now. Basically your idea seems good, I would like to do it, except i'm not all that familiar with the ins and outs that makes the clan work...also, at some point in the (somewhat distant) future i'd like to play some matches just so we don't fall so far behind.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2007