Making it more fun to comm.

Discussion in 'Game Play' started by Aquillion, Feb 4, 2008.

1. John Shandy`

John Shandy` Member

Eh, I like some of the ideas mentioned in this thread, but I think that most of the problem rests with two things. 1.) The glitches that were pointed out by Mayama, 2.) The fact that almost any team will place all of the blame for a lost round on the commander, and will take all credit for a won round even if they had a good commander.

I've been declining to Comm lately because I'm tired of squads and entire teams not listening and then at the end of the round they look at me with their pitch forks and meat tenderizers ready to hop out of my monitor and murder me because they didn't build structures or hold ground while I single handedly build and defend an entire portion of the map.

More cooperation and less hostility from subordinates would make the commanding experience a whole lot more acceptable and enjoyable.

I never blame Comms for the round unless they grief the CV, recycle all of the structures, or research frivolous things when they know better - aside from those few scenarios, it's always a 50/50 effort on the team's as well as the comm's part, for the outcome of a round.

2. BumGravy

BumGravy Member

Great idea, this is oneof those suggestions I always think of when playing but never remember to post. It would be nice to display the names of the comms at the end, along with the names of anyone else who may have been commanding with a total round time and how different people were cmmanding for, so commanders dont get the blame for losing when noobs have hijacked the CV. It would be great to display who got the last hit on the comm too and what weapon they used, for masturbatory purposes.

3. Riot

Riot Member

commanders need to be able to put a proverbial boot up a disobedient soldiers ass. Give a comm slap and slay abilities. hurray for we commanders will never hae disobedient assholes again!!!

seriously tho... get rid of all the noobie players. thatll help....:pathetic:

4. FlamingPope

FlamingPope Member

two words: BETTER HUD!

I would like to com, but everytime I get into the CV I just don't feel the epicness of the battle. And just seems . . . bad

Issues:
    1) Zoom distance, need to be able to see more, like surpreme commander for example
    2) Button lag/animation, needs to be faster, gets the feeling of anxiety inbetween button presses - clicking research should go directly to research tree, not to more menus in between
    3) Scrolling, faster scroll speed and bug fixes with scrolling - placing buildings by accident
    4) build area toggle

5. Inceptor

Inceptor Member

I THINK I MAY BE GETTING A HEART ATTACK FROM THESE FLASHING SCREENS

No, scroll speed is fine, I'm sure they are fixing the comm view getting stuck, and zoom distance is fine because you see as much as you probably need to see, either that or they are microscopic

6. Omneh

Omneh Member

I keep having this bug, where I very deliberately click on an ML turret, yet get an MG turret blueprint for my trouble instead. It gets kinda annoying if your turret spamming...

Otherwise, I don't really have any problems I can think of to do with commanding at the moment... of course, the ability to call in Ion Cannon strikes would be nice, but you can't have everything.

The most frustrating thing about commanding is getting stuck with a rubbish team. Simple. And that can never be fixed.

7. Jcw87

Jcw87 Member

Fixed.

8. Inceptor

Inceptor Member

Actually, its more of the angry german's who swear at you when you don't get them coolant engines and composite armor dual rail heavies. (Overrated and overused)

9. Aquillion

Aquillion Member

Who gets coolant with rails anyway? Rails are pretty low heat; three-phase is right next to them and works fine, while there's nothing else you need in chemistry anyway.

10. Inceptor

Inceptor Member

You get my point...

Angry people who yell at the comm for doing a bad job but blow at comm themselves are frustrating.

11. AzureDrake

AzureDrake Member

YES.

This is the only thing that really makes me hate commanding.

I especially hate when once in a while when your rushing a point in the beginning and trying to get a rax down you fail horribly and then people say something like, "OMG, that is such a terrible strategy, you should never ever jump out of the CV, why did you do that?"

I do it all the time and most of the time it's successful (arguably necessary on some maps) and at worst ends in me just running away. But it is risky and they just happened to observe one of the few times I failed. Hey, shit happens.

But then there they are going off about how it's such a bad strategy and you should never ever jump out of the CV.

Oh yeah? Well how about you comm, and sit on your ass in your base in the beginning. I'll comm the other team and take half the map while your team is still catching their breath to make it across the first quarter and I will have built mostly everything in my base so that I can have more people out in the field kicking your team's ass while you're still trying to get some noob to build you a radar, cause God forbid you take a risk and jump out of your commander chair for like 20 seconds.
    Yeah that's my grenadier putting mines under you. You might have noticed him if you got out of the damn commander view and drove around once in a while, or *gasp* jumped out and built a few turrets around yourself.

12. LordDz

LordDz Capitan Rainbow Flowers

Actually.. I'm more afraid of jumping out of the CV when there is friendlies around than when there is enemys. Atleast the enemys cant drive it in the water.

13. rat-morningstar

rat-morningstar Member

i think, if a comm tries to be a good comm he is a good comm, wether you win or lose, wether he is a total newb or a vet

14. Jephir

Jephir ALL GLORY TO THE JEPHIR

I'm getting into the habit of not giving attack orders, just to make combat more fun.

15. Aquillion

Aquillion Member

I dunno. Even if he's trying to be a good comm, the total newb comm who thinks that the CV is a flotation device is probably not, all things considered, actually a good comm. Neither is the comm who, in all seriousness, decides to use the CV to try and get the sunken pirate treasure that will help their team win the map.

16. Empty

Empty Member

This is what makes a good player.
    Someone who has something cheap at their disposal, but doesn't use it.

17. rat-morningstar

rat-morningstar Member

people that try to be good at least read the manual or ask some other guy to help if it's their first time imo

18. Emp_Recruit

Emp_Recruit Member

What a terrible attitude. Who gives a shit if you try, its success that makes you good.

19. communism

communism poof

20. rat-morningstar

rat-morningstar Member

if you try you can get better, and i preffer to lose with a team that tries than to win with a team that fucks around.

anyway, comming isn't that bad,just annoy the crap out of your team untill they do what you want.
    and if you restrict the vf, they can't make any crappy tanks

Last edited: Aug 24, 2008