List of sounds that should be reverted

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Devourawr, Dec 27, 2016.

1. complete_

complete_ lamer

without loading up the game i will say that unlike politics a 50-50 split on changes is a bad thing because you end up chasing away 80% of that 50 (20% will take anything). we already have a small pop.

changes should have broad support or at the very least soft support/opposition

2. Paradox

Paradox I am a gigantic asshole who loses people's hard wo

you know what really drives people away from playing empires, when it crashes twice in 5 minutes.

Polyesta likes this.
  3. Kidpaler

Kidpaler Member

Again, as people play it they like it more and more. PYA even mentioned this in the game we were just playing, he's getting used to the calculator sound and it's not as annoying as it was.

All the old sound changes were rejected overwhelmingly. This has a 50/50 split. Remember when it used to sound like a bug zapper then changed to what it is now? I remember lots of people hating it saying it "wasn't necessary" but it was actually better. Like I said, I'll be trying to fix things up to be more to people's liking as time goes on, but it's hard when only a 6v6 happens for the beta playtest and the people on the playtest didn't have many complaints to begin with.

The only complaint I have seen is about calc sound, other sounds people are now used to. That and the soundcache glitch which people are having who have this game downloaded but haven't played it in forever, but I can't fix that.

Edit: the bullet impact on flesh and the death sounds as well. But I'm working on those to get those to people's liking more. The other issues such as Silent Shotgun are nothing I can fix.

4. Avatarix

So what is happening with BE pistol sounds? Are they getting unmuffled or what?

5. Paradox

Pistols are great, dont touch em

6. Avatarix

it's not some Splinter Cell or Hitman where every gun is super quiet and you are an epic infiltrator.
    (well, maybe you are, you SCUNT ;) )

7. Paradox

So every gun in empires has to inherently sound like a deagle or an m4?

I like the USP sound of pistol so faaaak yer oppinion

8. Avatarix

How does they sound like deagle or an m4? They sounded just like small caliber weapons from future.
    tl;dr i disagree, revert dem soundz

9. Lazybum

Lazybum :D Staff Member Moderator

It's nonsensical for the be pistol 1 to sound like it has a silencer when it probably has the same size or possibly larger caliber as the machine pistol. If we talk from a raw stats idea it's confusing for nf p1 to sound like a .45 and be p1 to sound like a pea shooter when they have exactly the same stats, it can give the impression the be 1 sucks damage wise when that's not the case at all.

It's a nice silenced sound, I give it credit for that, but it doesn't fit the weapon at all. It's the type of sound you expect to hear when you have sound suppression skill as scout and not just a lower decibel sound.

10. Avatarix

Pistol one has the exact name '9mm pistol' and no pistol with that caliber sounds like that.

11. Paradox

Tons of guns dont have decent damage-> sound correlation. Dont think thats a good argument to make. Internally surpressed pistol 1 cause BE is advanced as fuck or some shit.
    Empires isnt realistic guys people arent dying next to an rpg explosion that sounds like a bomb went off next to your head. You dont die from chaingun fired at your face or a sniper shot to the heart. Realism isnt a good argument to make.

12. Avatarix

Yes, Paradox realism isn't a good argument in a videogame.
    So let guns with small calibres sound like heavy calibre weapons ;)

13. Paradox

Do you even read, plenty of guns BEFORE p1 had this problem. Ow what chaingun doing shit damage whilst sounding LIKE A CHAINGUN?
    SAy what get hit straight in the FACE with a LOUD ASS EXPLOSIVE TIPPED BULLET not die?
    Ow just had a heavy explosive cannon fire next to me and im dancing like nothing happend even though I got tinnitus from it.

Hmmmm a nuke fired within 100 m from me Im still alive even though my grandmother in the other room heard it.

Sound doesnt equal to damage done, atleast not in this game, so stop making this nonsensical unprecedented argument.

If you dont like the sound just say you dont like it, instead of looking for backward fucking arguments

14. Paradox

Just so you can read it again since you didnt the first time

15. Lazybum

Lazybum :D Staff Member Moderator

I wasn't making a realism argument, I was making it's a silly comparison to all the other weapons of a similar damage type. If trump is looking to make sounds consistent to what they should be doing damage wise, and he said he was in his original sound threads, be p1 shouldn't be silenced. It's incredibly misleading compared to everything else.

16. NekoBaron

NekoBaron Member

I think all the new sounds are bloody aweful and dont fit or even play at a decent quality level in game, but lets face it if you change every bloody sound in one go its always going to sound aweful to old players because of zero transition time to get used to them.

17. Kidpaler

Kidpaler Member

See, but that's where your wrong. A lot of the sounds are actually much higher quality than the old ones. There is some blending issues that I will be working on I will agree to that, they all don't fit perfectly together and that will be fixed as time goes on.

Also, regarding old players, why should I try to appease people who MIGHT come back like HSM, Big Teef etc? Creating a game for old players who MIGHT come back is a terrible game plan and offers no viability to this game whatsoever. Yea some of the current vets don't like it, but they are growing more and more used to it as time goes on. Hell, I've seen some faces return after not seeing them a while but that also could be due to winter break for most people, but still. It's not as grim as people keep trying to paint it.

18. Avatarix

@Kidpaler so what is happening to BE pistol 1 ?

19. Kidpaler

Kidpaler Member

Gonna try to fix it? It's not suppose to sound silenced.

20. Paradox

Dont change a thing, it sounds great. Fuck these haters