lets make slaughtered un-official

Discussion in 'General' started by blizzerd, Apr 30, 2010.

?

make slaughtered unofficial

1. yes, unofficial

12.8%
  2. no, keep as is

60.3%
  3. remove it till we can make a "better" slaughtered like trickster did with money

24.4%
  4. i make a different suggestion, see my post

2.6%
  1. Ikalx

Ikalx Member

You could make a new slaughtered and pop a tunnel straight through from BE's side to NF old main - straight through the hill. Make it tankable too ^^

2. Killing Machine

Killing Machine Member

I still have to make my self clear that it was a mistake Lmao some ppl here suprise me in so many ways

And yes i have to agree on whit you Hamster its fun but you dont want to compete on that map.

3. .:.HeXi.:. emcalex329

.:.HeXi.:. emcalex329 Member

If you put that tunnel there, however, BE would have a huge early-game advantage because nf would have to fight on two fronts that they absolutely cannot afford to lose; one at the tunnels and one at sbend. And maybe even 3 fronts if BE decides to do shit at Bridge.

4. Ikalx

Ikalx Member

Yup. So you could shorten the hill that NF has to go round to the bridge. Remember that BE will have to commit the same forces to that tunnel and take off people going for the bridge/s-bend - just like NF.

At the start of the game a level 3 turret would be pretty effective at holding the tunnel, but walls aren't as effective as the bridge because you wouldn't be able to see over them. So they're not unassailable and can easily be deconned.

It was just a suggestion too, which is why I said make another version rather than altering the existing. The only thing I really want changed with that is the refs, although some other things could use doing.

5. .:.HeXi.:. emcalex329

I think I get your point. Are you trying to make another s bend closer to be main to alleviate spam and balance the chokepoints?
    If so, I support that idea.

6. flasche

flasche Member Staff Member Moderator

well placed walls fix that. on both sides you can wall off the bridge so that you cannot jump-duck (tho jump-prone might actually work) over them. im not fully sure if you could get onto the eastern ramp on NF side tho - i plan to try that out for years now, but i never got around to try ^^
    so as long as there are walls bridge IS save and taking out the built bridge is nothing hard either. it just requires one competent guy there actually, but usually all of those are needed as sbend, because 10 snipers playing there very own special olympic games there ...

slaughterd IS sbend ...

7. -=SIP=-

-=SIP=- Member

This is the normal way for a BE scout.
    green: walls, turrets

[​IMG]

Because there are normally walls and infantry at C4 you have to swim from C4 to D4. LVL1 MG turrets at D4 are normally not enough to stop you.
    Some commanders are also placing walls at E4. Normally you find a way thru when you use the hills.
    Then you have to decide if you want to sabotage the refineries or sneak undetected to A5. At barracks at C5 you need a little bit of luck but most enemies are only looking towards the bridge.
    After asking for an armory at A5 for some minutes (retarded commanders) you can switch to engineer and build the ninja barracks and vf for the win. ^^

Last edited: May 5, 2010
  8. Ikalx

Ikalx Member

Meh...not really per se. Just the third route from BE side to NF spawn - a 3rd route is kinda what the map needs. Well, if you're gonna redo it anyway. What you say could work too, but S-bend basically just needs a widening like people have already suggested.

9. flasche

yeh i guess i only considered NF :rolleyes:

10. -=SIP=-

-=SIP=- Member

For NF it is much more difficult, because you mostly have to sneak from C4 to C3. This works only if the enemy is blind and he haven't placed all walls.

11. Castrol GTX

Castrol GTX Member

Eat shit and die.

[/thread]

12. flasche

someone didnt take his medication? :eek:

13. WalMartGreeter

WalMartGreeter Member

More Difficult? That is WAY easier than what you just described for a BE scout (and a crappy spot when a ninja rax once they find out). BE has a harder time holding bridge and watching out for scouts because: A.) More attention must be place on s-bend as NF can slip through SE corner or middle for a ninja rax. B.) If BE has the forward base in SE corner, they have a harder time having people stay at bridge as they are distracted by fights in s-bend (and much farther from the bridge).

This is why in balanced games, it is far more common to see a NF ninja rax on the hill beside BE main.

Last edited: May 5, 2010
  14. flasche

you can wall off BOTH bridges so that no scout can get over ...

15. WalMartGreeter

WalMartGreeter Member

Point was besides having a NF jeep slip through s-bend to BE main (through the route that does not have the BE forward base), BE has a harder time keeping check on the bridge. It is pretty obvious when you play a couple of games with evenly-skilled teams, how more often you will see a NF ninja rax than a BE ninja rax.

16. flasche

well thats might be the problem. quite obviously i never played a single game with even teams on slaughtered in the last 4 years. and quit obviously i never held the bridge alone during that time either ...

sucks to be me :rolleyes:

17. WalMartGreeter

WalMartGreeter Member

/sadface

We should really organize a game just for you.

18. .:.HeXi.:. emcalex329

Not really because any good be com will build ml and mg turrets and shit at the nf ninja rax spot so that it can't be dropped.

19. BloodRaven

BloodRaven Member

slaughtered needs to be removed, and revised

20. BloodRaven

BloodRaven Member

oh and walmart, i have seen more BE ninja rax, but a greater failure rate the the NF ones.

Last edited: May 7, 2010