lets make slaughtered un-official

Discussion in 'General' started by blizzerd, Apr 30, 2010.

?

make slaughtered unofficial

1. yes, unofficial

12.8%
  2. no, keep as is

60.3%
  3. remove it till we can make a "better" slaughtered like trickster did with money

24.4%
  4. i make a different suggestion, see my post

2.6%
  1. pickled_heretic

pickled_heretic Member

I'm not sure what "very low res" means, but reducing the res in general = A+ idea

2. Grantrithor

Grantrithor Member

no, I love slaughtered the way it is, it is litterally my favourite map after...

...nothing.

3. Empty

Empty Member

First people love money and now they love slaughtered.

I really don't understand.

4. Ikalx

Ikalx Member

I always liked slaughtered tbh. The gameplay needs work maybe, but I guess i've just had hundreds more fun games than bad ones on that map. I think it's great as it is now for newbies tbh.

5. gezor

gezor Member

there r ppl who love emp_money??? :sick: oh god halp

to protect the mod,
    these ppl should be taken to psychiatry

6. Grantrithor

Grantrithor Member

Well if you think about it slaughtered is litterally a slaughter, always action going on, same with canyon, its not like m-valley where there are very low dense areas (such as 6 players per grid denseness) in slaughtered its like 20 players per grid

7. WalMartGreeter

WalMartGreeter Member

The only thing annoying about slaughtered is that it favors NF team. They are able to get across the bridge sooner than BE (for a ninja rax) and get a build a base at a very critical spot in the map (right across the water) taking the same route.

For BE, you need a squad taking the west path out of the main base just to see that NF has already taken the bridge (and if they desire, drop a rax on BE side). In addition, BE has two crappy, possible forward bases. A.) If a base is built at the SE corner, the bridge is much harder to defend as the NF base is much closer to the bridge. This is why APC rushes and ninja rax into BE's old main is easy and very popular. B.) If a base is built by the BE tower, there is only a small amount of area available to drop anything. NF can also create another front by going to the SE corner (through s-bend) and attacking BE main from behind.

The imbalance is obvious when you see that the NF has the option to three different routes to BE's main once they have pushed into the s-bend: Through SE corner entrance, the south from the BE Tower, or straight head to the west entrance. For BE, they have to push ALL THE WAY to the bridge/NF's 2nd refinery intersection to create another front (and that north road to NF's main is pointless anyway at that point).

8. Killing Machine

Killing Machine Member

NO
    Dont remove slaughterd its the only map i know of being non-linear. I Could care less if NF takes S-Bend. You can still Push at bridge trought the water all the way to S bend or get on theyr side of the bridge. Plus theres another idea.... Build bridge rush couple of tanks across get theyr side push on from there OR get a scout get a ninja rax and u win.

Also i liked money better than fucking Money_revisited...... The overpasses just ruins the gameplay....
    But still money wasnt my favorite and you know what ..... These Nuts I like District better than Money_revisited

Edit: meant to say linear my Bad

Last edited: May 3, 2010
  9. TBob

TBob Member

Seriously? If it was any more linear it would turn into a fucking line.

10. gezor

gezor Member

fixed

go play rainbow road if u like boring simple games.

11. Deiform

Deiform Member

I would like slaughtered in the installer thanks. Otherwise I'd just have to download it off the server.

12. Grantrithor

Grantrithor Member

um you are wrong, infact slaughtered is pretty linear, because there are only 2 routes to take just to get to 1 place. any of the big huge maps like duststorm or mvalley and arid and not linear.

13. Zeke

Zeke Banned

[​IMG]

14. WalMartGreeter

WalMartGreeter Member

Aside from the odd "most non-linear" comment, you are underestimating the defenses of bridge. You will always see a wall fortress in front of the NF side of the bridge. Even with the most competent BE team, it is difficult to break through the bridge. Because the NF main is relatively close by the bridge, a rush can be stopped at the bridge. Also keep in mind that the bridge has small amount of hp. Nade spamming from over the walls or rocket sniping from across the water (NF's forward base) will take the bridge out in seconds.

Once NF has captured s-bend, it is GG because they have now opened three fronts. They can avoid dealing with either BE tower or SE forward base because there is always another route to attack from behind (or go straight to BE main). BE has neither advantage.

A ninja rax for BE is very difficult, compared to NF when BE forward base is at the SE corner (miles away from the bridge). This is why it is common to see a NF ninja rax at BE main (on the road at higher ground) as oppose to a BE ninja rax far north of NF main.

15. Goldblade

Goldblade Member

Okay...What will making it unofficial do? Is there even a point to it other than making people have to download it off of the server that they join?

Is it just going to piss people off or what? This is like taking an unnessecary part out of a car, like the AC, reducing the car's price by that much, and then making it "optional" and the end price is exactly the same as before. <_<

16. [lodw]keef

[lodw]keef Hobbit

I agree

17. WalMartGreeter

WalMartGreeter Member

The point is by removing the map from the official list until it is modified, hopefully, servers will be discouraged from having the map in rotation. Whether they remove the map from their servers on the community/devs recommendation is another story. Laggy maps like insurrection and raiders are still in some servers for some apparent reason...

18. Killing Machine

Killing Machine Member

Exactly u need skill to play this map and by non linear i mean that its not like Mid bridge. Mid bridge has to many flanking positions and too many open areas
    Edit:Actually i meant to say linear not that gay flanking shit all the time.

Last edited: May 3, 2010
  19. Fricken Hamster

Fricken Hamster Mr. Super Serious

All the arguments about skill and being a well thought map with many strategies is moot because it is one of the least balanced maps with many exploitable features proven on many occasions to be a horrible choice for organized play.

It is precisely for this reason I am for keeping it in the official rotation, but never to be played competitively.

Slaughtered is fun. There have been many good games on it in public servers.

It is horribly NF sided as well. First of all, the south east refinery can be sniped by artillery, while NF's refineries are relatively safe from harm. Secondly, NF's rush distance to the center clearing is shorter than NF's even if BE takes the quickest route possible, scaling the hill. Therefore almost every game, NF holds the strategically superior middle clearing, allowing for the artillery sniping of the south east corner. This basically forces BE's hand; if they do not take middle early, south east is a deadzone, leaving them short one refinery and one possible base.

In every competitive game on slaughtered I've played, there has been tons of complaints about the map, from the PUG to scrims.

20. Omneh

Omneh Member

Because they are good maps which don't lag for the majority of people.