League Season 2

Discussion in 'Clans' started by Evan, Jan 31, 2008.

1. Coffeeburrito

Coffeeburrito Coder

Because at some point you might want to see if you win more matches as one faction than the other:confused:

You can ignore ties though. It's probably going to be removed, as I doubt any clans are going to call a draw.

2. dizzyone

dizzyone I've been drinking, heavily

Well it might be nice for the clans themselves or as statistics, but it just clutters the scoreboard, both sides are played for balance reasons, there should be no outcome from losing as one side but still winning the match.
    As a good rule of thumb, everything that is on a scoreboard counts, wins and losses as a single side does not matter, thus should not be on the scoreboard. Unless it is counted into the point system I think its best to just remove it.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2008
  3. MOOtant

MOOtant Member

++ (......)

4. Evan

Evan League Commissioner

The only things that affect the ELO rating system are a WIN (as both NF and BE), a LOSS (as both teams), or a TIE (e.g. win as NF and loss as BE).

I think the statistics about NF / BE will be interesting down the road. And the ability to compare between clans will also be interesting.

Mr. Weedy's suggestion about dividers will make the table easier to read.

5. KILLX

KILLX Banned

no, its Pickajoe. Pickjaoe was created when we was drunk and registering on the JPL forums, he told me over mic ingame :p

6. @@@@ACE@@@@

@@@@ACE@@@@ Member

"Dont take it ovensive @ clanner's"

None taken man we dont recruit people cuz they live on the game 24/7 and can kill a tank with their pistole but beacuse we just have good time playing the GAME after all its just a game

7. Melee

Melee Member

Just a stupid suggestion but could you make an opening screen or summat to show players on servers who maybe arent aware theres a league, you might encourage some more clans.

Ive seen plenty of good players who like teamwork but arent in clans or even post on the forums, but with CW help setting up a clan-site etc might make for more competition...

8. KILLX

KILLX Banned

make a league ad page that can be added to a servers current motd via a frame, then it will automatically also show the most recent information. could be used to spread the word, and show infomation such as the most recent matches, and current positions.

9. Razorbud

Razorbud Coder

If it's going to be 2 games to every match, maybe the #tickets should be lowered to 60% or tharabouts, to avoid 3 hour monster matches

And wrt getting more ppl involved, it could be neat if pubbers could register interest in the lead-up to the next season on the league website. Then they could get either randomly or self-organized into temporary clan-stuctures prior to the season kickoff, like a team lottery

10. Evan

Evan League Commissioner

We could make all maps have the same number of tickets....

11. Shinzon

Shinzon Member

When the mappers made their maps; they took the ticket amounts into account; according to the way they wanted their map to be played...

If we are going to go about changing the tickets why not as well go and double res flow?

12. Dubee

Dubee Grapehead

:D Thats good! Games are ment for fun.. too many people play now to win.. And if they dont they go crazy :headshot:

Im concerned about the matches on both factions.. Do they need to be within the same session? Or can you do one later after the first one.. Cause if the first one lasts hella long and I cant be around for the 2nd I aint tryin to forfeit because I got shit to do

13. Shinzon

Shinzon Member

4 hours; jesus... A normal Empires game can last 2 hours...

14. Evan

Evan League Commissioner

Since the matches are scheduled by the clans it is up to you guys. Just don't report the results until it's finished

15. Beerdude26

Beerdude26 OnThink(){ IsDownYet(); }

Nonshens look at the JPL vs BSID match on crossroads, experienced clans will play both matches in 2 hours max

16. Evan

Evan League Commissioner

Agreed. And as I said: Since the matches are scheduled by the clans it is up to you guys. Just don't report the results until it's finished

17. the_6th_monkey

the_6th_monkey Member

erm I think they can still drag on since slaughtered did for us vs cw.. ;)

I thought the only reason crossroads didn't was because of the tickets?

Erm Evan isn't it the leagues job to organise matches...
    Whats the point in having a league if they don't organise matches?

It sounds like your league website consists of a scoreboard where you record all clan matches played
    This will end up failing since the more organised clans will have far more matches meaning the league is a little unbalanced

Last edited: Feb 1, 2008
  18. MOOtant

MOOtant Member

You know, you don't whine about number of tickets on canyon, isle, duststorm, crossroads and so on so why changing tickets of for example slaughtered to 200 is such a big problem?. Tickets are totally random on most of the maps. Watching slaughtered for almost 2h per round isn't that much fun and implies having to play 2nd round the another day.

dubee: I think that scoring system can deal with that. It should be possible to gain points by:
    1. playing a lot.
    OR
    2. winning with people who have more points.

19. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

by PUG, i meant that big team battles.

20. Beerdude26

Beerdude26 OnThink(){ IsDownYet(); }

ELO thing will make a list of the relative awesomeness of a clan I think