lack of enthusiasm

Discussion in 'General' started by sgman, Sep 25, 2006.

1. rampantandroid

rampantandroid Member

Why? Because I have a very good videocard that I invested in. Hence, as it is still near top of the line, I expect older games to run fine on it. All of the top games out there run FINE on it (Doom 3 on Ultra high, CS:S/HL2, Far Cry, Oblivion, AOE3 etc)

What CPU? HEre...I'll just drop my system specs:

Athlon 64 FX 53
    BFG nForce 4 Ultra mobo
    2 GB OCZ Platinum RAM (DDR, 2-3-2-6)
    eVGA 7800GT @ 510 MHz...I think memory is at 1200 MHz, I forget
    X-Fi Platinum
    2 x 74 GB Raptor (10,000 RPM) in RAID 0 (Windows XP Pro on this)
    1x Seagate 160 GB drive (soon to hold vista RC2)
    Plextor 760 (When my 716 died, plextor gave me a free upgrade! Yay!)

2. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

Empires is a NEW game. very new. did you know it's still in beta. plus it's pushing ALL the boundries of the Half life 2 engine.

now I have a middle class machine, and I can run it on almost the highest settings there are. just be a little humble.

3. rampantandroid

rampantandroid Member

If I make a mod for Deus Ex (from 2000) does that make it a new game? The low framerate is mainly due to poor models while in buildings (double sided when they don't need to be) as well as the Source engine not being designed for long distance rendering.

4. tkeracer619

tkeracer619 Member

Well I got to page 4 and skipped to this page. I laugh at the turrets.... All of you who wait to play when aircraft come out.... well good luck against the ROOR:20.

I love this BETA mod. Clans add that splash of color, nah really they can piss you off from time to time but when it comes down to it the game is that much better when you are playing with people that know what they are doing.

I have seen some of the stuff coming up and man it's hot!

All of you doubters go back and play cs. Krenzo and the mod team have already expressed thier view of the whole thing. They are doing it, not charging you, giving you the ability to play the beta, and to top it all off..... they have thier own lives. Imagine that. Back off cuz if you piss them off and I have to wait longer I shall start pushing buttons, no reason to make me push the red ones. <My hating on the haters section>

I run my graphix all the way up. Why not, if its choppy your out dated and need to spend some hard earned $$ on a super computer. If you are a gamer then you deserve a gaming machine.

>>About tEam balancing>> It don't matter how many noobs you switch to the opposite team. For example, just to piss off a couple of you :cool: , on district I will push the enemy till the brink of distruction then switch teams just to drag it out. 1 good player is worth 10 noobs. switching 1 or 2 noobs on a team would just give me a better score. I know who I like to play with and who I like to play against. Dudes like that beer guy, I like to play with. That german clan dude that called me an ass-hole for asking if they had a website plus some pwnage, i like to pwn them and give em a good ole fb spray. I tried to be nice, but he pissed me off ^^. Who ever was in that game knows what I mean....... but back to the point. It would suck if global ranking puts me to a team with those guys..... how else am i supposed to pistol whip three of them and give a spray.

If you are not motivated in this game there is a problem... This game can be pretty intense. I often find myself needing to calm down after a round where I kick ass, im all sweaty, too shaky to aim. I never sweat from cs. are you kidding me. If your not motivated.... its prolly cuz you suck and get owned all the time by turrets. :rolleyes:

The good emp player base is increasing, we are creating some nasty warriors atm. I am taking applications for a wing man/woman.

When I get a jet, you are in trouble, a whole world of it. ZOMG pAwn teH noOb$

Vote yes on proposition 44!!!! <--- If you live in Colorado, USA Stop the oppresion. "I have given you all the fruit bearing plants and herbs to use"

:o

5. tkeracer619

tkeracer619 Member

If it is a complete conversion yes it would be a new game.

6. rampantandroid

rampantandroid Member

Soo...BF2142 is a new game...?

Only place where my gameplay gets choppy is inside buildings...and that's due to models like I said.

7. ^Dee^

^Dee^ Former Super Moderator

Yes, yes it is. No matter what you or anyone thinks of it :)

8. Niarbeht

Niarbeht Member

If a 7800GT is outdated, then what the hell is up-to-date?

If an FX-53 isn't for gaming, what is?

If two gigs of RAM isn't enough, how much do you need?

The truth is, there's a lot of content in the mod in need of optimization. The mod itself is well-programmed. Krenzo knows what he's doing. But some of the models and textures need some work to improve efficiency and such. It's alright for a beta, but being a beta this is the time for people to make note of what problems exist. If we didn't say (politely, and in an informative way) what problems exist, we wouldn't be doing our jobs.

I like the mod. I believe it has the potential to assrape BF2142. Just needs a little work, is all.

9. dumpster_fox

dumpster_fox Member

Nobody is arguing against that, it's just that the relentless demands that Krenzo make everything magically better are starting to stress him out (I surmise).

Things need optimization. Put it on the list and stop bitching about it (not you, Niarbeht).

10. Caelo

Caelo Member

Im thinking Krenzo just ignores topics with names like this one... no need to demotivate oneself

11. Bisclaveret

Bisclaveret Member

Solokiller: thats okay. I run empiresmod (and everything, actually) on a pentium 4 2ghz computer built in 2003. 1 gb of ddr ram, i have a geforce 6800GS (8x) in a 4x agp slot. it runs passably.

[​IMG]
    clicky!
    I got it from a friend whom this was his lanserver (you see why in the picture, heh) It works passably.

it CAME with a geforce 5200FX. needless to say, thats why i got the 6800. it's a 70 dollar card now, and is incapable of dx 9 shaders, etc. I would say i went from playing HL2 at 20 fps to 40-45 in most places.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2006
  12. rampantandroid

rampantandroid Member

If you're referring to me demanding optimization....you're wrong...I've never made a peep about performance until just now...and I wasn't bitching for optimizations...like I said, I only have serious issues within buildings, and as far as I know, that can be fixed with new models.

And again, Source wasn't designed around distance rendering like engines such as the BF2 engine. As far as I know, the BF2 engine does not use bump mapping. It sacrifices overall quality to be able to render objects a great distance away. On the flip side, engines like Source and D3 are based around close up rendering, and don't handle distances as well as others might. Then you've got the CryTec engine that goes all out nuts....and is still one of the best looking engines to date (and I still see some places use it to benchmark hardware.)

13. Niarbeht

Niarbeht Member

Let's turn this into a "We love the developers!" thread.

Why? Because we do! This is definitely a good mod. I know the number of players drops sometimes, but the fact that these forums stay active in spite of that tells me that there is hardcore INTEREST in the mod, in its growth, in its expansion.

In its outright, absolute fucking ownage.

PAX JEKOTIA!

14. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

here here!

The developers have put a hell of a lot of work into this mod, and I'm glad everyone appreciates it. I wish there were things that the developers could set us (or atleast me) to do. I'm not good enough to create an entire map, but any research or the like, I'm happy to help with.

15. Bronto

Bronto Member

(For the comments about Empires on older video cards...)

I could run Empires on my GeForce Ti4800 at 800x600 ~30fps. It was overclocked and recently burnt out but it served me well. (The fan went out so it was a matter of time before it fried.) I now have an X800 GTO which runs great.

16. Shinzon

Shinzon Member

I wouldnt mind sending Krenzo $20 or so dollars...

17. Caelo

Caelo Member

me neither..

18. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

19. ^Dee^

^Dee^ Former Super Moderator

you know you still can, even though you don't have to :P

20. DonMegel

DonMegel Member

Yeah, there is a paypal thing somewhere. BUt I sugest makeing a thread asking what you would get for your contribution, say a special tag ingame or a diffrent color name. Nothing huge, just a little somthin to say you contributed monies to the effort.