Kinder Gentler Empires...

Discussion in 'General' started by JustGoFly, Feb 28, 2013.

1. JustGoFly

JustGoFly Member

Logged on last night, from a different thread I offered up my ass for pounding and happy to report the interpretation from the Empires community was to BE NICER. I was fully prepared for some gratuitous body slams from the community, but instead it was just a freaking great night of playing Empires Mod. We had some excellent matches.

One where a newbie COM screwed us at the beginning of the game but without any screaming we told him what to do, someone else eventually grabbed the COM - we took 3/4 ownership of the map then the other team rushed the COM (it would have had to be me in the COM at that time) and did a very nice coordinated base attack where they won the game by killing the COM vehicle. Bravo to them - the coordination involved and skill were excellent. Out team all came back to fight, but they stickied, raped with rifle and overheated the stickied COM, pounded with tanks and grens on the same side of the vehicle, and won quickly.

Other games were just as fun and what Empires is all about.

I'm willing to give it a try - how about a kinder gentler empires again tonight? Focus on the game and not on shitting on people.

JustGoFly

2. Freaknovich

Freaknovich Member

Empires in not merely a game that tests your combat or commanding skills. More importantly, it is a game that tests ones ability to confront excessive verbal abuse. How else do you expect to whip new player into shape? If everyone is "gentle" to all the nub comms, they will just keep opting in and failing matches. They must learn to understand the game better before they try the boom tank. Also, what is Empires without rage? It just wouldn't be the same.

3. JustGoFly

JustGoFly Member

Thanks for my first good laugh of the day. I do agree that nube coms should learn before they jump in a vehicle, but we did get him out after a few minutes. That made the game much more interesting since we clearly had the better team and fought back with some great battles that we otherwise wouldn't have had. It is Empires though - so I guess you never know what an evening will bring. Kinda what makes it great.

This area left intentionally blank.

4. .:.HeXi.:. emcalex329

.:.HeXi.:. emcalex329 Member

Just out of curiosity, did you notice a rush was coming, and, if so, did you try to move the CV? As tempting as it may be to hide in main, surrounded by your turrets, if the enemy team rushes you, turrets don't do anything.

Also, you changed your signature?

5. Señor_Awesome

Señor_Awesome Member

I refuse to be kind or gentle, and as such I have come here to laugh at you for dying to that outstandingly well executed rush. You should be ashamed, and nobody loves you.

See, that's how we do things around here. I don't understand what you mean by 'kind' or 'gentle'.

In all seriousness, games last night were rather good. Also, as the spearhead APC driver of the rush, I was really happy that it succeeded.

6. BigTeef

BigTeef Bootleg Headshot master

The fuck kind of game have I been playing lately...

7. JustGoFly

JustGoFly Member

Awesome - living up to your name. You may not love me - but I want to have unprotect sex with your pretty mouth! The Scout sticky of the COM vehicle and fact that I was busy building an upgrade machine gun turret, prior to the rush, caught me by surprise on the rush, as it did everyone else. Had I been able to move the COM vehicle - it would have been a different story - since that turret would have mowed you down. Our team did as much as they could to react to the rush - but it's a big map and only some got back in time to attempt to squash the rush. Nicely executed rush - I take nothing from your awesomeness! Shit happens and ALL COM's know when one team is being overwhelmed, which our team was doing to your team, the only move you have is to rush the COM. I could have been better prepared but Empires Happens. We deserved the win - but you guys nicely took it from us. The team I was on dealt with the loss gracefully - Kudo's!

Last night was just OK - most enjoyable part was chatting with Teef, Hexi, ScRat and others in spec. Gameplay was OK - mostly ruined by the six or so newbs who did nothing and just caused confusion. When you have four newbs running north, you think you are covered but in reality they will just die, or shoot from a distance, and cause a major breach. Worst part was two guys chatting my fucking ear off - shit I hope I'm not like that !

Tonight I'm showing up with a few Sam Adam's Octoberfests. When I used to play Unreal our clan would show up Friday nights and get plastered together. It was the funnest online playing I've ever done. You can stumble and fall off shit while playing wasted - and it's funny as hell. I actually knocked a guy out of his chair once when I snuck up behind his online character, and as it turned around to discover me, I yelled BOO.

Lets see what we learned last night: Fonzi from Happy Day - 1977 - started the term "Jumping the Shark" to mark the end of a series who has run out of ideas. Hexi wants to become a lawyer. Teef is studying Health Administration at Fucking can't remember the Midwest University ? ScRaT likes to play with Hobbes, I think Hobbes fucks up every match he COM's, but I may be the only one of that opinion. Fuck - it's empires, everyone gets to be unique. Teef is thought to be HSM, although HSM would have had to have a personality upgrade for HSM to be Teef. Teef thinks some of you fuckers don't like him, make a list - I'll find each of you and deliver atomic wedgies! Where the hell are all the Empires Videos stored ? I find only a handful of links on YouTube. Lots more and plenty of laughs.

Oh - I didn't bring my proposed Kinder, Gentler JustGoFly to the game, although I did refrain from totally losing it on anyone :)

Last and certainly least - I DON'T HATE HEXI ! That doesn't keep him from being King of the AssWipes though :)

Vinnie

8. LordDz_2

LordDz_2 Strange things happens here

"I think Hobbes fucks up every match he COM's, but I may be the only one of that opinion."

You should play on EPIC more. :)

9. BigTeef

There should at-least be 3 in my signature.

10. JustGoFly

JustGoFly Member

Ya - four vids on your signature I think, all watched up, but not found during a YouTube search. I guess the Brenodi and NF demo's that are findable are good enough. Maybe Steve can put keywords like "Empires", "Mod", "Group of Assholes", "Learn new words", "PG31" onto his videos.

Done working for the man, heading home to pound some of you'se in the face with a machine gun. I have alot of frustration that needs release. Where is my whipping bitch - here HeXi, HeXi, HeXi...

Marsha
    Marsha
    Marsha

11. A-z-K

A-z-K Member

Jephir's channel has some good shit.

And the forum is full of demo recording's you can playback in game, though updates probably broke half of them

12. .:.HeXi.:. emcalex329

.:.HeXi.:. emcalex329 Member

Awww, AZK, you beat me to it.

And if I happen to be the king of asswipes, you must be the dainty princess :)

13. JustGoFly

JustGoFly Member

Great vids - thanks! I played 5 hours then watch a friggin hour video. This is a sickness.

Decent night of playing. DeadPool dropped in on his way to buy some condoms just before he bagged a couple of college chicks. Yaa - that is what I was going to do, but decided to play Empires instead - Right !

This space left intentionally blank

14. communism

communism poof

didnt read but this is the kinder gentler empires, you thought this shit was bad...just remember the bsid jpl rivalry days (bsid sucked, esp cuz of that fag simon)

15. ViroMan

ViroMan Black Hole (*sniff*) Bully

bsid were excellent enemies to fight against... except they were fags and staked the one team against noobs and constantly stomped them... how they found that to be fun I have no idea.

ViroMan

16. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

Yeah but that rivalry was still relatively good natured. The EPIC BSID rivalry was pretty much pure hate in both directions.

17. BigTeef

Me, Melerion, John Thomas, and I think cookie.

We didn't hate you, it was Cpatton doing the BSID propaganda making new and normal members hate you.
    When I got casted away I did think of creating my own little group called Magnificent Teefs.
    But that was impossible because about a good amount of people hated me, and still do.
    I guess I am just a complex person to understand and its easier to hate the unknown.

I just wanted to scrim but since those days are over I am happy with what I have now I guess.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2013
  18. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

Nah man, by the time you joined up that was long over. This was before cookie, you, Mkoll (John Thomas) and possibly even Meliarion was even in BSID. Back then it was FN, Thor, Duke Pending and Cpatton.

19. McGyver

McGyver Experimental Pedagogue

This is nothing against the hate we pubbers felt towards the ghost clan stacking.

Also, i thought you had to be aryan to join BSID?

20. BigTeef

The requirements were being good at the game, and being able to take a joke.
    In my case all I got was constant abuse the entire time I was in there.