Is vehicle research balance really that bad?

Discussion in 'Game Play' started by Lazybum, Sep 22, 2014.

1. Ikalx

Ikalx Member

Thanks dude. I didn't realise reflec was buffed, when was the last patch? I've kinda been offline for a couple of weeks :/

Do you think it'd be doable to have regen work on a percentage of overall health? That way if a side had 8 plates of armour or 4, it would still regenerate as quickly as it always did. I guess that's something candles could clarify. If it's already like that, then there shouldn't be a problem, should there? :confused:

2. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

The scripts are misleading. It says in the comments that the value means "regenerates this amount of HP per second". But given Composite has a regen rate of like 0.03 or something, or even 0.3 (I forget), that means it'd take several minutes to regenerate a single plate, so I don't believe that's how it works.

3. Candles

Candles CAPTAIN CANDLES, DUN DUN DUN, DUN DUN DUN DUN.

It's the percentage of a plate per-second.

4. Trickster

So realistically speaking, in terms of raw HP regenerated per second, Composite regenerates 2.4 HP per second, whereas Regen regenerates 5.5 per second.

5. Candles

Candles CAPTAIN CANDLES, DUN DUN DUN, DUN DUN DUN DUN.

Uh-huh.

6. Lazybum

Lazybum :D Staff Member Moderator

Regen is 4.4 a sec, health is 55 and regen rate is .08, so .08*55=4.4

Compo is 1.5 a sec, health is 75 and regen rate is .02, so .02*75=1.5

I remember complaining about how fast compo was going to regen in comparison to the nerf you were going to give regen so you also nerfed compo's regen rate a bit too. Main problem with regen armor right now is that it simply can't take a hit very well, so the regen factor has a hard time coming into play.

7. Neoony

Neoony Member

That could be interesting, it could simply be like a second tier armor that teams would get after getting any first armor.

As right now it seems like an ultimate armor that you can just get at any time, which makes others useless.

I like.

Maybe something similar for engines?

But would still be nice to have some more of those second tier stuff then, so it doesnt get single sided too much, but thats another thing.

8. 101010

101010 Member

What about charging resources for end game research like arty,nukes,rails, and compo. Make it so it would take alot of resources to get them. Or lock the research for them until time clock reaches a set time.

Another random idea allow commanders to agree to terms before the round starts.
    So both teams could agree no arty or compo and that research would be blocked.
    Or a random research blocker would be interesting. - every map a few random research items are blocked.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2014
  9. ViroMan

ViroMan Black Hole (*sniff*) Bully

My thoughts on the above...

10. ImSpartacus

ImSpartacus nerf spec plz

That's kinda cool. I haven't looked at the research scripts in detail, but I bet you could do that.

What's everyone else think?

11. Trickster

Are you looking at the same scripts I am, because those aren't the regen rates or HP that I have.

I have Composite at 80/0.03, and Regen at 55/0.1.

12. ImSpartacus

ImSpartacus nerf spec plz

I'm not at my pc, but I'm about 90% sure the scripts in 2.5 changed to what lazybum described.

I remember it as a modest hp nerf for compo and a regen nerf for both armors, though I can't recall the exact values. Perhaps the changes were reversed later on?

13. Lazybum

Nope, Like check out that news section.http://forums.empiresmod.com/showthread.php?t=18293

It was in the RC1 update. It hasn't been touched since then. Only thing that has been changed armor wise was in 2.51, reflective and absorbant got an extra 5 hp buff.

14. Trickster

I'm on my laptop and only have SVN on here. It says it's all up to date, but when I try to update it just errors. I guess it's bugged or something.

15. Empty

Empty Member

bioml idea
    make it one slot and nerf it against infantry a little

that way you can carry another ML and not gimp yourself in a tank battle.

16. Lazybum

People get bio ml not for anti-infantry but for tank fights. Some people, like security and haschtewas, will get rather upset with you if you try to research uml or something instead of bio ml. I mean in its current incarnation bio damage is bugged and doesn't do any dot on infantry, but people still love it in a tank fight.

Your svn is bugged then trickster, I tried updating the scripts folder to latest and it gives the values I wrote previously. It says latest revision is 1741 if that is any help.

17. Neoony

Neoony Member

lol, I had a chance to experience exactly that.
    Got security pissed, had to cancel research and do bio ml xD
    Just saying xD

18. BigTeef

BigTeef Bootleg Headshot master

Security is not always right, you don't need to listen to somebody having an autistic fit for not getting his favorite load-out.

19. flasche

flasche Member Staff Member Moderator

no hes absolutely right, bioml is just too good to not get it.

20. Sgt.Security

Sgt.Security Member

When I am still typing, I am not raging at all.

I use strong words when the situation is tough and I have to emphasize the urge.