Is Tank Combat Fun?

Discussion in 'Game Play' started by ImSpartacus, Jun 14, 2014.

?

Is tank combat fun?

1. Yes

50.0%
  2. No

45.5%
  3. It doesn't matter

27.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. BigTeef

BigTeef Bootleg Headshot master

You could always quote it if you don't want to re-type it.
    Because I went to page one and it consisted you telling Spartacus tank combat is boring.

When grens eat tanks alive now, and have for the past year.

Last edited: Dec 24, 2014
  2. Z100000M

Z100000M Vithered Weteran

You seem to have a cross of delusion and intimidation thing going on if you believe that.

3. BigTeef

You don't seem to understand all the armors are weak to anything missile based and they have been for awhile.

Because you don't survive long enough to hit something, doesn't mean they aren't.
    That's the reason why triple ML's are bogus.

There isn't a good dedicated anti missile armor.

4. D.D.D. Destroyer

D.D.D. Destroyer Member Staff Member Moderator

Great suggestion: don't get in the face of a high-damage burst heavy before firing your first shot.

5. Lazybum

Lazybum :D Staff Member Moderator

This post is confusing, you say all armors are good at antimissile yet triple ml is great because there isn't a good antimissile armor.

If you want something that helps counter rpgs get reflective. Has high hp and can nerf that damage up to 50%. Might be nice against triple ml too, but I think abs might actually be a tad better.

Destroyer, that is some very helpful advice when you consider how short the distances on some maps can be. It isn't even burst fire though, it's pretty much constant.

6. BigTeef

When did I say armor was good.
    I never said it was good.

This "anti-missle" armor we have seems to be absorbent.
    And that was not even intended, its the new flavor right now.
    It's seems to be the only good overall armor for both sides.

7. Lazybum

Your right, I can't read. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

It isn't quite a case of being weak, it's a case of being strong against the other stuff. I just want to clarify that because I feel people tend to be think things are being crap on purpose when its more a case of neglect if anything.

8. D.D.D. Destroyer

D.D.D. Destroyer Member Staff Member Moderator

Whaaaat, reflective is awesome!

9. BigTeef

Not with the current weighing system.
    You can fit more plates on absorbent with a decent weapon setup than reflective.

10. Lazybum

Reflective has twice the health of abs though, I swear people don't look at the hp amounts. Here, let me quote myself.
    Now, I will admit that abs can really nerf the hell out of cannons and to an extent missiles, but funnily enough reflective would be better if you had to deal with bio spam. I'm kinda surprised I don't see that anymore.

11. BigTeef

So where is the weight?

12. Lazybum

It says it in the first line, how much hp you get per 1 weight. if you want full amount abs is 40 hp at 12 weight and reflective is 80 hp at 18 weight currently.

Point is no matter how many more plates you are getting more hp with reflective. Unless you go all the way to 2, but if you are that weight you aren't maxing out abs either.

13. BigTeef

Configure me a heavy tank with both armors for both factions.
    Make it full plate.
    Use bio-diesel for an engine.

Now count how many variations of weapons you can put on both of them.

14. Lazybum

I did that already on the second half of that page. Here look, all 3 slot weapons are 100 weight. Nearly all 2 slot weapons are 70. So if you opt for 2 slot weapons you can have 3 of them, if you use 3slot weapons you can have 2 of them. On all these setups you can't have a full 6 plates of any armor except for budget. So there is no way you can get more armor from compo or abs compared to reflective. I know it doesn't look like a lot, but those plates are taking more of a beating then abs.

15. BigTeef

Did you count regular standard weapons.
    Like it sounds dumb but your full plate.

16. Lazybum

If that's the case then you can put more plates of reflective too. There really isn't a case of being able to put more then the other, if there's free weight no matter how heavy the armor is you can put more on.

17. BigTeef

How much standard can I stack on both of them?
    Because if I can have max plate on reflective with just standard weapons I will just ignore absorbent.

18. Lazybum

Std cannon is 50, std ml is 30, std mg is 30 and chaingun is 50. If you just used std stuff and 1 of each you can get 4 plates on each side plus 2 more. that's at least 320 hp a side compared to 240 hp, which is 6 plates, you'd get with abs. Maxing out abs only leaves you with 182 wieght, 4 plates of reflective on each side leaves you with the same 182.

I think I tried a high hit point heavy and low damage, it really didn't work out to well. He cannon and and bio ml is probably the way to go really, It's still 4 plates a side but much better damage against everything except maybe buildings, but buildings aren't what kill you.

All this said, abs is the only real counter to plasma and works better against rails because you don't have to deal with angles at all.

19. flasche

flasche Member Staff Member Moderator

to me it feels counter intuitive to have 7 available plates per side but sane builds have 4 max.

why is it this way? its not like it would be complicated to change that keeping the same health, what do i miss?

20. Lazybum

Honestly, I don't know. Some things kinda need a certain amount of hp to be effective, like regen. Others make more use out of the limited slots light tanks and apc have, like reactive.

But you can change things to simply increase the particular stats of an armor instead of hp and weight. It just feels like engines where the only thing people care about was speed and cooling. Armor is kinda similar where hp feels like the biggest thing, except people look at the plates instead of the hp amounts.