Infinite ammo FAIL

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Deletejohnson, Jan 17, 2011.

1. FN198

FN198 Member

the amount of ammo tanks carry should be roughly equivalent to as much as it takes to kill a heavy tank three times, shooting at the same side.

2. Deadpool

Deadpool SVETLANNNAAAAAA

and the reason for that is...?

3. FN198

FN198 Member

because ammo should not be infinite. supply should be a necessity at some point

and because poor aim shouldn't mean you run out of ammo before anyone dies in an armored afv/lt fight.

heavies should also be able to kill at least two other heavies before running out of ammo

4. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

id say fn is pretty much right

if it is any more then tanks can steam roll far to easily

when there are 2 meds next to your base, and you only have res for one, why build one? you are gone lose anyway and they can keep at it indefinitely

5. Chris0132'

Chris0132' Developer

Because grenadiers would be a better option.

6. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

i dont care how much grenadiers you throw at 2 meds with chain guns it will never matter, the gain/loss factor is always in favour of the tanks

7. Chris0132'

Chris0132' Developer

Not really, grens do a lot of damage and you can easily get three or four of them if meds are attacking your only base.

Grens are really the answer to most of the issues you have, rather than gimping tanks, buff infantry against them. Infantry are free, more or less, and teams get them from the start.

8. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

grens have ammo limitations, if grens are the answer against tanks then why are they limited to ammo???

9. Chris0132'

Chris0132' Developer

¯\(°_o)/¯

There isn't really any reason to give them limited ammo, like I said I don't think ammo really matters in infantry combat beyond things like grenades, the point of a grenadier is to shoot rockets at shit, so give him as many rockets as he wants. They generally have that anyway with engineers being around, so even if you didn't give them infinite ammo, simply a better RPG and some walls would make them a good counter to tanks.

I don't really see why you think infinite ammo is such a big deal, you basically have infinite ammo anyway because engineers and commanders can make infinite ammo crates more or less at will, so you might as well remove the clunkyness of having to actually get ammo and just give everyone infinite ammo.

10. alucard13mmfmj

alucard13mmfmj Member

if you are in a tank battle, and you are getting owned.. the enemy running out of ammo may be your only chance to strike back. having unlimited ammo means that the enemy will only run away when their tank is heavily damaged, and by that time.. ur probably dead.

i think all machine guns, standard cannon, standard grenade launcher, standard missiles should have infinite ammo.. but higher tier weapons, i dont think it should. it is more intuitive, like in many games. many games have "normal" and "low tier" weapons have unlimited ammo and the high tier is not unlimited.

To me, having ammo isnt too much of a problem if u got an engineer or armory.. but i think its also an element in the strategy or risk. engineers risk being nuked or hit when they put out ammo boxes on the front lines. armories may block your own tank movement.. its things like these that gives commanders and engineers something to do.

with all games, i think there should be calculated risks and planning ahead.

ALSO, having infinite low tier weapon and having limited high tier weapon may balance out that "slippery slope" effect. it may give the team with lower research some kind of leverage.

11. Krazer

Krazer Member

While we're at it lets remove the clunkyness of moving around the map. (implement teleportation).
    Besides killspawning already does this, so just make it a button with no respawn timer.

Remove having to wait for respawn because no one likes to wait. (Instant respawn timer)
    Makes all classes better at what they are doing. And that's what this game is about - Making ALL classes better at what they are doing.

Remove Calculator juice because I really hate waiting for it to recharge. (Infinite calculator)
    Engineers job is to build things, so why limit them. With so many engineers around it's practically limitless anyways.

I really like killing people, but I don't like dying. (Quadruple max health).
    With so many medics, and armories everywhere health is already infinite.

Implement instant build times for engineers. (Instant Build Time)
    Making engineers better at their roles. = More fun

Imo the Devs need to keep buffing ALL classes so that they can be better at their jobs. Because Empires players want to be good at their jobs.

= More Fun.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2011
  12. FN198

FN198 Member

holy shit yes do want.

13. .:.HeXi.:. emcalex329

.:.HeXi.:. emcalex329 Member

there should be a new class called the nuke trooper that can build a turret that launches salvo homing nukes but you can only have one per team and he costs the team 10k res and 100 tickets if he dies.
    implement pleeeeaaase

14. Krazer

Krazer Member

No! Make the nuke trooper free, and when he dies his team gains 10k res and 100 tickets. Because that would make him better at his class.

Also the nuke trooper builds his turrets instantly because that's funner.

15. .:.HeXi.:. emcalex329

the cv should be able to shoot homing nukes and float on water and have quadruple armor and go at 150 kmh, since because if it dies, you lose, it should be made sure that it never dies, so games aren't ended by ninjas or tank rushes ever.

16. Deletejohnson

Deletejohnson Banned

everything op? i like it. lets make SMGs do rilfe damage too. level the playing feild yay?

17. .:.HeXi.:. emcalex329

no only the cv should do that because if a stupid engineer dies, you don't lose the game. i'm actually for removing the smgs because they're too powerful, and instead giving the engineers calculator guns; that is, if they invest in all 4 skill slots, their calculator can shoot 100% accurate beams that damage vehicles for 5 damage and infantry for 3.

18. Krazer

Krazer Member

This is actually a really good idea.

Since losing is not fun, the CV does indeed need unlimited health. That way no one has to lose, and everyone will have fun.

19. Chris0132'

Chris0132' Developer

Fast travel between raxes = good idea. Makes people more inclined to respond to threats and helps solve the problem of infantry strategic mobility compared to tanks.

Might mess up flag maps and would be annoying if you're close to a barracks, but probably wouldn't have an effect on the game as a whole, you usually use your 10 seconds to check the map for where you should spawn and make class alterations anyway, so for most people it won't be wasted time and it does prevent very silly looking instant respawning on flag maps.

Aside from reviving, which should probably be put on a separate timer from building anyway to encourage its use, yeah you could probably remove calculator energy and just make engineers build at a good flat rate, if you have repair upgrade or more than one engineer it isn't very important, and who the hell doesn't have one of those?

No see if you did that you wouldn't be able to kill people because they would all have quadruple health as well, that would be silly.

Engineers are already good at what they do, and instant building would kind of mess up the game because you'd basically be able to teleport buildings around the place, which would have obvious problems.

The grenadier could do with being better at demolishing tanks and buildings, and the scout needs a role because it currently doesn't have one, but the rifleman and engineer are quite good already, the rifleman kills infantry and the engineer does all the stuff the rifleman doesn't. What infantry don't currently have is an anti-tank unit because the gren is kinda weak against tanks unless it's in large numbers, it should be more of a match for tanks especially in close quarters or when the gren has good cover, thus giving tanks a new threat to contend with and forcing them to make better use of their destructive and mobility powers.

For a straw man you're not that bad of a designer.

20. D.D.D. Destroyer

D.D.D. Destroyer Member Staff Member Moderator

That. Is. Ridicolous.