Infinite ammo FAIL

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Deletejohnson, Jan 17, 2011.

1. Deletejohnson

Deletejohnson Banned

Infinite ammo (tank ammo) is retarded.
    Please remove it.

Pros: no more infinite tank attacks (rail spam of rax/VF etc...)

2. Fricken Hamster

Fricken Hamster Mr. Super Serious

As if you couldn't do that with an ammobox before.

3. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

tanks should only resupply at armories imo, not ammo boxes not automatically

its not about "hardcore tank play" or anything its about supply lines and making people stick the fuck together

4. LordDz

LordDz Capitan Rainbow Flowers

But having no ammo isn't teamwork or fun.

5. w00kie

w00kie Mustachioed Mexican

The biggest infinite ammo problem I see so far is long range artillery.
    Even without infinite ammo an arty still caries 100 shots and only needs to restock after about 5 minutes of constant fire (haven't actually measured).

A skilled arty-whore that's hiding way behind the own lines can take out whole bases in no time and with infinite ammo it is pretty independent from engineers and armories/repair pads.

6. Demented

Demented Member

Arty tanks are a double-edged sword. One arty tank can destroy a team's entire assortment of refineries, but a third of your team can end up doing pirouettes in artillery tanks while shooting at thin air.

7. Krazer

Krazer Member

I've always been against infinite ammo. Should of just buffed the amount of ammo tanks can carry.

I like Blizzerd's idea. Receiving ammo only from armories sounds good, but only if carrying capacity is buffed by 20%
    Some fools think infinite ammo is fine though...:rolleyes:

8. Empty

Empty Member

Oh my god I've never thought of that (mostly because I've never had fucking arty except on slaughtered FFFFFFFF)

9. w00kie

how about u need to be grenadier with arty-feedback to even have the option in the VF to build an arty?

10. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

I don't really think infinite ammo/limited ammo matters either way, it makes little difference, as long as you can still get ammo from engy boxes. Removing that is stupid.

11. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

saying things are stupid without explaining why is stupid because i say so

12. flasche

flasche Member Staff Member Moderator

i agree with delete, never liked it, but its balanceable with max ammo, reload and rof times, so its mere a design decision then something gamebreaking ...
    ofc, ppl would bitch about "balanced" weapons ...

13. w00kie

the funniest things I came across so far in games where FUCKING IMBALANCED and therefore full of win.

Example: BF42: Desert Combat beta 0.1

the american already had all the modern weapons and vehicles (Apache Helis, Abrahams tanks)
    and the Iraqi models wheren't finished to that point, so they only fought with japanese/german battlefield 1942 weapons and vehicles (Stuka bombers, tiger tanks n stuff).
    That was actually the most fun to play for both sides, because the Iraqis where basically forced to baserape the overpowered amerifags to get something to fight them off. :D

14. Krazer

Krazer Member

Balance is extremely important in video games. Especially ones meant to be played between real people.

If you don't agree, then maybe play a single-player game.
    Minesweeper comes to mind.:rolleyes:

15. w00kie

overly balanced games are boring. Hell I'm not speaking of imbalances like in BFBC2.

16. Chris0132'

Chris0132' Developer

Infinite ammo is better than finite ammo.

17. Deletejohnson

Deletejohnson Banned

limited ammo requires a slightly higher level of teamwork. Teamwork is empires.

18. Krazer

Krazer Member

To people who argue with such statements as "There is hardly no difference between infinite and finite ammo, and infinite is better".

1) Why implement infinite ammo if there is no difference...
    2) Try to think of a reason behind your opinion. I know it's difficult when your in a hurry, but it's really non-constructive. And makes me sad. :(

Finite ammo required more teamwork, and created a "small" concept of supply lines. Which is why I think vehicles should only be able to get ammo from armories alone.

Most importantly. At least think about what your saying before you post.

19. recon

recon SM Support Dev

1) Convenience. Inf. ammo removes the need to drop crates, and allows any class to drive a tank and never run out of ammo.
    2) Tanks have always had "infinite" ammo through crates, so it's purely a convenience and nothing else.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2011
  20. Krazer

Krazer Member

I agree those are really good points.

I understand that compared to before, it's better the way it is now. Since engineers had a large advantage. But I really liked the idea of tanks needing ammo. Since like so many other games vehicles have unlimited ammo.

When I first started playing empires that was one of the unique aspects of empires I liked.

That's also why I really like a post blizzerd made about tanks "only" being able to get ammo from certain buildings like VFs, Repair pads, and armories. Or to take it a step further, only Repair pads/Vfs. Since this adds the element of supply lines.

Although this might complicate the game further that's just my opinion.