Infiltration Round 5: We all live in a BE submarine

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Empty, Jan 18, 2010.

1. ScardyBob

ScardyBob Member

You pointed out the exact reason why this doesn't work.

Also, I don't have time to idle on IRC/steam waiting for people. If you expect people to interact outside of the forums, then I think you're gonna be disappointed.

2. Empty

Empty Member

It's pretty obvious early on who isn't an infil if you pay attention.

When Metal Smith is spewing out orders, he's probably base crew.

If you guys don't start playing this outside the thread, it's guna keep being boring steam rolls one way or another.

3. Metal Smith

Metal Smith Member

You seem to misunderstand the organization required.

You don't need to have a central pillar of trust, but rather a central pillar of distrust, and hope for the best outside of this pillar.

TBH, we need 2 scouts. without a scout or a way for a scout to find out if someone is trustworthy, there can be no organization.

We haven't had a scout in 3 games, simply because they keep dying.

4. Empty

Empty Member

Learn to take risks, the payout is much higher than the possible loss.

You either: die and give the infiltrators a better chance to win
    Or: Fuck shit up bigtime.

5. aaaaaa50

aaaaaa50 Member

Which is why I will keep advocating my idea of everyone being a "scout". Meh.

I think any improvements in that area will only come with experience. In other words, more rounds and more time. *sigh* :headshot:

6. Empty

Empty Member

You aren't exactly a role model.

There's only about 4 or 5 people I know have talked outside game for more than 2 minutes.

Blizzerd Cpatton Kylegar Mageknight and a couple others.

7. Mageknight

Mageknight Member

And even then, my experiences outside of the forums are limited because of schoolwork and timezones and whatnot. But I'll try to make a concerted effort in the future.

8. Kylegar

Kylegar Specstax Rule

you can talk to me too... granted, my track record has been hilarious for trustworthyness, but, whatever

9. Empty

Empty Member

Well the odds are low you'll be a bad guy again.

Since you're co-Gming.
    Once we start (I'll start it after school begins this year)

10. Kylegar

Kylegar Specstax Rule

also, tip of the day, #empiresmod on gamesurge. We actually talk about infiltrator there.

11. Empty

Empty Member

I should hang out there more often, I got assailed with questions when I connected up.

Someone should get another channel for infiltration :P

12. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

the only way to win this is like i did in round one,

its basically trowing a dice and if it lands on 6 you will hit an infiltrator, and if it lands on 1 to 5 you get a base crew and possibly win the game

even with 2 infiltrators as my "friends" while they tried to delude me i think i did more good then bad (kill cpatton the infiltrator commander's grenadier, i got this info out of the infoltrators themselves if they like it or not, kill some infil, and in the end i revealed almost all infiltrators publicly and was able make some of them get killed in the end)

by far this gives the best gameplay, me and cpatton had some form of "lelouche vs britannia" or "kira vs L" going on, working together but me still distrusting cpatton very hard

my fault was that i was too greedy, wanting cpattons comm functions added to the collective while i kinda was suspecting him to be infil since the start and that i kinda trusted varbles to a reasonable degree untill late game he made a comment that betrayed him and i had to keep dumb so i would not be in the next bodybag

this is why in my eyes the "clues" should focus on who IS NOT an infiltrator more then to who IS an infiltrator

im not talking about "special roles" or anything, just who is on what side should be the major clue material to drive people together working in groups

id host an infiltrator round (not as co gm, but set the whole thing up myself, make my own ruleset and clues etc) but i dont want to come ionto empties terrain and steal his game

Last edited: Jan 28, 2010
  13. Empty

Empty Member

Well when a medic saves someone, that person is basically revealed to be base aligned.

The hard part is getting a medic to save someone in the first place.

I'd be happy to hand the game off to someone and play it myself, but I don't feel most other people would write as well as I do.
    Maybe that's just me thinking too highly of myself, I'm not saying I'm a brilliant writer, I'm not, I'm just saying you all suck/don't have English as a first language :P

14. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

im a sucky writer in that i dont have a good feeling for english language

maybe we could turn the roles around soem day empty? you being my co-gm writer, while i do the main game?

15. Empty

Empty Member

Maybe.
    Kylegars first on the list though, and metal smith wants a go too I think.

We tossed some ideas around. We might be going to a prison for the next game.

16. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

agreed, it would be unfair to not let them have a go first

prison should be fun, maybe implement the 3 faction ideas floating around as guard crew, prisoner and jekotian prisoner

dunno my brainstorm sense is tingling

17. Empty

Empty Member

I'm still not too hot on more than 2 teams.
    People seem to be confused as it is at the moment unfortunately.

18. Jessiah

Jessiah Member

Setting Ideas:
    ICBM silo
    Future (space) Empires, drifting derelict cruiser running on only emergency power

19. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

Metal Smithy would be REALLY good at writing it imo.

20. Ikalx

Ikalx Member

It happens...mostly on forum PM's, but the first couple rounds Metal Smith played, we bored specs on the ELC server with our talk :p

You're doing pretty well with the writing Empty, most of the time what fucks everything up is people changing their posts and votes. You need to get everyone to post their vote in a different colour at the bottom, in large font or summat. And not have them change it unless they specifically post to say they've changed their mind.

I think the different roles are confusing tbh...just stick with engineer, scout and gren and put out 2 of each. Maybe a rifleman if you really want...