Infiltration Round 5: We all live in a BE submarine

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Empty, Jan 18, 2010.

1. Empty

Empty Member

Infiltration: Round 5: We all live in a BE submarine

Notes:
    There are rule updates. These changes will be summarised in a new post.

Introduction:
    Welcome to Infiltration. This is a game of cunning, luck, persuasion and guile. You are all stationed on a Brenodi nuclear submarine in arctic waters, running silent. Among your number are several Jekotian saboteurs, eager to destroy each and every one of you. The saboteurs are long-standing members of the camp, they could be any one of you. Over the next few nights they will attempt to murder the entire bases crew, and take the base for their own. You have to do everything in your power to stop them. The base is on a skeleton crew at this moment, with only a small contingent of military staff, and a majority of unarmed base crew.

Rules
    At the beginning of the round, several people will be randomly selected to be the Infiltrators, of the remaining people, several will be granted special roles (see below). Each day, a vote is put together and tallied, the people with the most votes are killed (if there is a tie both people tied die, if there is a 3way tie, the vote will be extended until we have a 2 way or 1 person 'wins'), after which, the night begins. Each night, the special players will use their 'powers' (Read below). They will elect their respective targets via a PM to me each night. After 24 hours, or if all targets are put in, whichever comes first, the next day dawns, and a summary of the nights events will be posted. In this summary, clues will be left. Please be explicit when you send me a target PM. Most of all, my word is law, what I say goes. You may argue it with me in PMs, but what I decide is final.

Clues
    Clues hint towards a player being a certain class, anything may be a clue, and a clue may relate to anything. Clues may relate to Avatar, Screenname, Personality, Notoriety, Famous 'deeds', past threads, Ideals, Join dates, and many other things not listed here. Some clues will be very cryptic. Others will be blatant. Clues may be found in Story Segments, story segments are written by me (not you guys), and are the only places clues may be found. Some story segments may not have clues. When a person dies in a story segment, their name will be Highlighted like that, denoting their class and that they are permanently and irrevocably DEAD. Roleplaying is not necessary or even asked of you. If you wanna do it go ahead. Day has been extended to 48 hours minimum unless all people vote, if you don't make a useful post in that time you will be kicked. (I want USEFUL POSTS, not stuff like 'lol posting to avoid kick', if you don't add to the game you'll be booted. Pay attention to who dies, if X accused Y then X died, Y is possibly an infiltrator.)
    At the end of the game, I will have a rundown of all clues, who they related to etc.

You may:
    -Discuss anything to do with the game outside of the thread.
    -Reveal your own role.
    -Fake reveal your own role.
    -Interpret and discuss Clues in this thread, IRC or private chat.
    -Vote in this thread during the 'day'.

You may not:
    -Reveal fellow Infiltrators if you are one, in this thread or outside of it. If you break this rule you will be Permanently and irrevocably removed from the current round, and any after it.
    -Talk about what you know if you are dead. This rule will get you banned from the next round, but you may participate the round after that. Do not post if you are dead unless you have a very good reason. The dead CANNOT help the living by interpreting clues or anything else. They are SPECTATORS. I mean this rule! Several people have broken this, keep it up and you will be banned from the next round.
    -Quote your role PM. Or any similar evidence of your role. The only time your role should be known for sure is upon your death or at the end of the round.

These guidelines may be updated without notice. If an issue crops up for the first time I will be lenient in punishment, but afterwards standard punishments apply.

If I fuck up in some way (blatant clues that aren't fair or something else) do not discuss it in the thread, PM me with your complaints. I'm not perfect, and I will make mistakes. If this is the case I am sorry.

Targets:
    You have 24 hours to get your targets in once night falls, if you don't get them in, get the fuck over it.

Always PM your targets to me, don't send them to the Co-GM, the Co-GMs will usually be in different time zones to me, so we cannot always share any target updates.

Do not send me targets through chat, there are security reasons for this, my terrible memory and the fact that unlike a PM, I CAN LOSE A CHAT LOG.

Questions:
    You may ask me or the Co-GM questions about rules and such, question sessions are confidential, try to reach us on steam rather than IRC. If the Co-GM is unsure or cannot answer, and I'm not available, use PMs. Nothing happens ingame unless I'm here, so you're more or less guaranteed to get the message to me before time runs out.
    Don't ask questions about clues, we can't answer them.
    Don't overinterpret what we say. When you ask a question and we reply: "I can't answer that" we mean, we can't answer that, not "He's an infiltrator but I'm not telling".

Day/Night Cycle:
    After this point, Day/Night cuts off 24 hours after it begins.
    If you don't get your votes in, tough. If you don't get your targets in, tough.
    If I'm unavailable to call the 24 hours, a Co-GM can. They won't put in story/deaths, it's simply a notification that targets/votes are closed. This notification doesn't start the next day/night however, to give you all 24 hours to make decisions.

Idlekicking:
    After this point, you will be idle kicked if you make no contribution in a night/day cycle, this is 48 hours, plenty of time. Contributing can be voting, interpreting clues, or talking to the GMs. Idlekicking will become a lot more serious, and there will be no more leeway given. Or will it?

Abstaining:
    Abstains are discarded and do not count.

Trolling:
    Stop trolling your teammates. You fucktards.

Order of hits/actions etc:
    As of now, every target given to me will take effect in a night unless stopped by an ability (medic save, saboteur)
    If a rifleman targets an infiltrator, and the infiltrator targets the rifleman, both die. If an infiltrator kills a base crew, and the infiltrator is killed by a rifleman, the infiltrator kill still goes through.

2. Empty

Empty Member

Roles:
    I will PM you with your role when you get it. If you get no PM, assume you are a crew member. Do not post with questions like 'When do we get PMs', they are handed out as soon as the first round of voting occurs.

Infiltrator
    Chosen at random at the beginning of the round. Each night they may attempt a murder. The Infiltrators know of their comrades, and as a group they may commit a number of murders equal to their own number less one. E.G. There are 4 infiltrators, less one is 3 potential kills. The rule doesn't apply to the last infiltrator.

Commander
    The commander is unique in that he is elected on the first day.
    He cannot die until his bodyguard(s) are dead.
    Bodyguard
    • Bodyguards are assigned randomly after the comm is decided. The commander knows who his bodyguards are, and he cannot die unless they do.
    After being elected, he may choose one player to slay on the spot.
    Once during the game, he may call a double kill, when a double kill occurs, the top two people voted to die will both kick the bucket. E.G.
    Empty 5 votes
    Predom 4 votes
    Normally, I die.
    If double kill is in effect, we both die.
    If two people are tied for first or second place, then all 3 die.
    Anything higher than a triple kill will never occur.

Medic
    Chosen at random at the beginning of the round. Can elect one player per night to 'Revive'. If that player is murdered during the night, the Medic will revive them. Medics cannot protect themselves. If there are 2 hits on a player, a medic cannot save them. The medic saves people before any hits on him occur.

Rifleman
    The rifleman takes justice into his own hands each night. He may elect to kill any player he chooses each night. His murders are subject to the same counters as Infiltrators (engineers). The Rifleman's attacks occur before infiltrators.

Scout
    The scout may spy on a player each night. He chooses a target each night and will get a piece of information that the GM (Me) chooses. This may be simply another clue, or it may be the persons class. Scouts may be given extra clues via PM without asking on certain occasions, but this is not guaranteed.

Grenadier
    The Grenadier may choose one target per night, if that person dies, their killer will be slain as well. He may only use this ability successfully once, but if the ability does not result in a death, he may re-use it the next night. After the ability has been used up, he will revert to a base crew. If he hasn't used his ability and dies, he will be revealed as a grenadier, if he has used it successfully, he will be revealed as base crew. He cannot target himself. Grenadier effects take place at the end of the night.

Engineer
    The engineer can drop ammo for one person each day.
    He will PM me his target during the day, and the target will be notified at nightfall that they have extra ammo.
    Extra ammunition allows classes which issue a target to issue two. Riflemen get two kills, grenadiers, two targets, medics, two saves. It does affect Infiltrators. If it hits a base crew or a non-target giving person, no effect occurs, and neither party is alerted to that fact.

Saboteur
    Saboteurs always occur in pairs, one on the base crews side, and the other on the infiltrators side. Each night, a saboteur may target one person. If that person uses a special ability, then it is completely nullified, as if no target was issued at all.

The infiltrator's saboteur doesn't truly count as an infiltrator. He cannot kill anyone, and he does not count towards the infiltrator's killing power as a group, nor does he count towards the infiltrators winning through outnumbering the other players, if he is the last remaining infiltrator, then they lose, since they have no killing power. But he does win with the infiltrator.

Whether a saboteur was aligned to one team or the other is not revealed upon their death.
    Saboteurs send their target during the day, like engineers.

Base Crew
    The base's crew are simply personnel in charge of maintaining operations. They have no specific powers, but their firing squad vote is worth the same as anyone elses. Base Crew are not the most powerful people in the game, but a smart Crewman who figures out the clues can be more dangerous than the Rifleman.
    Base crew have gained an ability this game! Once and one time only, they can 'take the bullet' for someone else. They may choose a target, and if said target was targetted by a killing class, the crewman dies instead. If nothing occurs, the crewman looks silly, and cannot use his ability again.

Rick Role
    You know the rules, and so do I.

Players:

0. Me - GM
    0. Blizzerd Co-GM

1. Varbles
    2. Melarion -- Kicked for AFK
    3. aaaaaa50
    4. complete_
    5. Vulkanis
    6. Rolsen -- Couldn't play this round.
    7. Aeoneth
    8. AstroArchitect
    9. Ikalx
    10. Mageknight
    11. Scardybob
    12. Z100000M
    13. Brutos
    14. Cloud
    15. Foxy
    16. Kane (NotDev)
    17. Kylegar
    18. Predom
    19. Metal Smith
    20. Trickster
    21. TheOwningOne
    22. Nattaboy

Roles:
    4 Infiltrators
    2 Saboteurs (One base aligned, the other Infiltrator aligned)
    1 Rifleman
    2 Engineer
    1 Scout
    1 Grenadier
    11 Base Crew

You can no longer sign up.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2010
  3. Empty

Empty Member

Updates:

Rule Updates:

Order of hits/actions etc:
    As of now, every target given to me will take effect in a night unless stopped by an ability (medic save, saboteur)
    If a rifleman targets an infiltrator, and the infiltrator targets the rifleman, both die. If an infiltrator kills a base crew, and the infiltrator is killed by a rifleman, the infiltrator kill still goes through.

Abstaining:
    Abstains are discarded and do not count.

Role Updates:

Grenadier
    The Grenadier may choose one target per night, if that person dies, their killer will be slain as well. He may only use this ability successfully once, but if the ability does not result in a death, he may re-use it the next night. After the ability has been used up, he will revert to a base crew. If he hasn't used his ability and dies, he will be revealed as a grenadier, if he has used it successfully, he will be revealed as base crew. He cannot target himself. Grenadier effects take place at the end of the night.

Saboteur
    Saboteurs always occur in pairs, one on the base crews side, and the other on the infiltrators side. Each night, a saboteur may target one person. If that person uses a special ability, then it is completely nullified, as if no target was issued at all.

The infiltrator's saboteur doesn't truly count as an infiltrator. He cannot kill anyone, and he does not count towards the infiltrator's killing power as a group, nor does he count towards the infiltrators winning through outnumbering the other players, if he is the last remaining infiltrator, then they lose, since they have no killing power. But he does win with the infiltrator.

Whether a saboteur was aligned to one team or the other is not revealed upon their death.
    Saboteurs send their target during the day, like engineers.

Base Crew
    Base crew have gained an ability this game! Once and one time only, they can 'take the bullet' for someone else. They may choose a target, and if said target was targetted by a killing class, the crewman dies instead. If nothing occurs, the crewman looks silly, and cannot use his ability again.

EDIT: Argh, Blizzerd hasn't shown up tonight. I'll start this tomorrow morning. Sorry guys :(

Last edited: Jan 18, 2010
  4. Z100000M

Z100000M Vithered Weteran

are the class PM's sent ?

5. Empty

Empty Member

Not yet

6. Varbles

Varbles Simply Maptastic. Staff Member

man I have to read more shit?

7. PreDominance

PreDominance Member

If you can read shit, you have too much time on your hands.

8. Mageknight

Mageknight Member

Alright, this looks fun. Hopefully I will murder significantly less people this time if I get base crew.

9. Metal Smith

Metal Smith Member

Have you sent out PM's yet?

10. PreDominance

PreDominance Member

*votes for metal smith's removal

11. complete_

complete_ lamer

Thank God.

12. ScardyBob

ScardyBob Member

Isn't that the point of an abstain?

13. complete_

complete_ lamer

It used to be if it was a majority, no one would be killed.

14. Empty

Empty Member

Starting role PMs shortly.
    Sorry about the delay, I started the thread too late in the night and had to go to sleep before I could get roles sorted.

EDIT: Another update before we start.
    Saboteur targets come at night (which means engineers can aid saboteurs.)

EDIT: PMs are out, that was a mammoth task. Story writing tiem!

Last edited: Jan 18, 2010
  15. complete_

complete_ lamer

but i dont want to be infiltrator

16. Empty

Empty Member

You're a rick role, not an infiltrator :rolleyes:

17. -=]Kane[=-

-=]Kane[=- Member

LoL he said mammoth, consider how big a mammoths shadow is!
    Excactly, It`s completly HUGE,
    Therefore I vote complete_ :D
    (j/k ... :confused:)

18. Empty

Empty Member

Well, we're all stationed aboard the HMS Default

As seen in this highly detailed piece of intelligence:
    [​IMG]

Alright, enough procrastination. It's time to write.

Oh, and yes, it does have a weight rating of OVER NINE THOUSAND

Last edited: Jan 19, 2010
  19. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

3000 + 3000 (weapon + engine) is already 6000, do you mean the ship itself weighs 1/3th of the missiles and engine together or the ship without engines weighs equal then the missiles?

20. Z100000M

Z100000M Vithered Weteran

i though nuclear subs had torpedo launchers too