Infiltration Round 5: We all live in a BE submarine

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Empty, Jan 18, 2010.

1. Jessiah

Jessiah Member

You have no right to bitch at me about story anymore.

2. Empty

Empty Member

I never realized how stupid Brenodians were.

3. Cloud

Cloud Member

It's dem implants and nanites i tell ye! They make the air taste good and confirmed enemies glow, but they fuck our logics up :V.

4. Ikalx

Ikalx Member

Sorry, yeah I meant scout instead of sabouteur. It works but only very occasionally...and most people get targeted for it. Tbh, most people get targeted for saying anything overt lol.

Ziooom could probably kill both me and Brutos in the same clip actually ;)

5. PreDominance

PreDominance Member

In round 6: Emp_Infiltration_Round_6: *Cricket*Cricket*Cricket*

6. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

make next round special enough to validate doing round 7, they start to become repeating themselves

7. --{[TheÁstroÁr¢hítect]}--

--{[TheÁstroÁr¢hítect]}-- Banned

I sugest the Infiltrator/Brenodi/Mercenary idea.

I think that would make it allot more interesting.

8. PreDominance

PreDominance Member

3 groups of 2 infs each.

2medics who know eachother.
    2 scouts.
    1 engineer
    1 base_sab
    Rest is BC.

More infiltrators, less kills per night. Win?

9. Jessiah

Jessiah Member

One idea I had that I thought would be interesting is to do a TF2 based round. It would have to be modified to suit more players, but the base idea I had is that there's one of each class, except one is actually a Spy. Class abilities etc. Just a rough idea ^^

10. Kylegar

Kylegar Specstax Rule

I had an idea last night that the engineers got a 'repair camera' power during the night, which is just like a scout receiving an extra clue, but it gets posted at the end of the night instead of PMed to the scout, that way the everyone knows the clue, but, in order to balance it, the repairs leave a clue to who the engineer is, so the infiltrators can kill them, or the medics can try to save them.

11. ScardyBob

ScardyBob Member

I think the clue system should be changed from an 'Empty gives clues via posts' to a 'Group asks yes or no-based questions and Empty answers them'. The only questions not answered would be 'Is XXXXX an inf?' type of questions.

12. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

"did xxxx kill xxxx last night"

13. Sandbag

Sandbag Member

the clues you ask empty would not be allowed to include a name or obvious reference to one person. i.e "did the person who leads CW get a kill last night"

but anyway. this is why I stopped playing. I've got a lot of stuff going on irl at the moment, but also it's just painful to watch a bunch of idiots stumbling around giving vague stabs at the clues and

how hard is it to look at who votes each way each day and assess the results. talking a lot or not a lot has nothing to do with being an infiltrator or not, though if you can profile someone by their charecter you may get a hint i.e infil trickster might well be happy to blag it in the limelight, kylegar is obviously going to sit back and not draw attention to himself.

I dunno i just don't enjoy this game when everyone acts like a bunch of mentally handicapped seals

14. Ikalx

Ikalx Member

Lol. Yeah, it's not that much fun like that.

I think mebbe the specials should have other people revealed to them over time - a basecrew or other special on the 3rd round that they can pair up with, for instance.

I thought of a lot of things to do, but they're kinda complicated. Though we could look into pairing certain people together, like the grenadier and scout, or the engineer and medic and give the engineer only 1 ammoz use, or the sabouteur and ...someone.

Bleh.

15. ScardyBob

ScardyBob Member

I think that would be a fair question. To balance you would limit the group to something like 5 questions a day.

16. -=]Kane[=-

-=]Kane[=- Member

Horrible overpowered, ask 5 times if someone you suspect to be a infil if he killed 1 of the ~4 victims of the night and you can say for (quite) sure wether he's an infil or rifleman or base crew ... also big chance for infils to get info, and for that matter who will decide what question get asked anyway? :beaten_imp:

17. Empty

Empty Member

The problem is, none of you lot communicate.
    All the classes have the chance to fuck shit up if they work together, sure you might fuck yourself up if you hit an infiltrator, but if you pull it off you can fuck shit up BIGTIME.

Start talking to eachother in IRC, teaming up, there's only 1 infil for every 4 or 5 base crew, the odds are in your favour, work together and share what you've figured out about clues, if the grenadier finds the two engineers, they can fuck up the entire infiltrator team in one night.

Alone you are powerless, but if you work together you have power, there is definitely risk vs reward involved, but it's just a game, and most of the special classes aren't doing ANYTHING as individuals, an engineer is crap alone, a medic is crap alone, if an engineer hits a medic, good stuff happens.

C'mon, work together guys, live a little, it's just a game, stop playing conservatively.

Blizzerd did it round one, he went out, he got himself a proxy, he talked to Cpatton and other people with his proxy and remained anonymous.

The problem he hit was that his proxy and Cpatton were infiltrators, but if you talk to people, you will eventually screw up, there's no tmuch you can do about it, just take a god damn risk.

And base crew, you can confuse the infiltrators as much as they can confuse you, you can pretend to be a rifleman, so instead of using your take-a-bullet ability, you draw a kill to yourself regardless.

The game isn't contained inside the thread, it was never supposed to be. The fun part is supposed to take part outside it, in your own heads, and working together.

18. --{[TheÁstroÁr¢hítect]}--

--{[TheÁstroÁr¢hítect]}-- Banned

What about the 3 Teams idea?

No one knows who their team mates are,
    No one knows how many of each class there is,

3 Teams(Mercenaries, Brenodians, and Infiltrators),

Mercenaries would get like 1 scout, 1 rifleman, 1 saboteur.
    Infiltrators would get 1 medic, 2 rifleman, 1 saboteur.
    Brenodians(Base Crew) would get 1 medic, 1 scout, 1 rifleman, 2 engineers, 1 grenadier, and 1 saboteur.

The goal is to kill the enemy(the other 2 opposing teams).

However, no one would be told the amount of classes in the game, no one would know whom to trust, because they wouldn't know their team mates either.

Clues would hint to someones class, someones faction, his/her avatar and/or his/her name.

The famous deed stuff, ect. - I think it's just frustrating for people who don't know the akward community stuff.

They would instead interpret the clues differently, leading to akward stuff we have seen in the previous rounds.

And yes, I haev seen games like this with 3 teams, no one aware of the amount of classes/roles, no one aware of their team mates with up to 30 players.

And it was fun like hell,

But I does require communication, but I found it way mroe fun then the current rounds.

19. aaaaaa50

aaaaaa50 Member

I think the problem with the Infiltration round currently is that they don't happen very often. Once you get killed, you have to wait a few days for everyone else. If we could get two round going at the same time, but one starting in the middle of the other, then people who get killed in one round could join the other, instead of everyone being frustrated when things don't go right, and getting upset and everything.

P.S. Astro, your idea sucks for a very large variety of reasons, but it's almost time for President Obama's State of the Union speech, and I don't have time to make this post very well. So I'll just say fudge you for now.

20. Mageknight

Mageknight Member

Nobody has any trust for each other. Either it's natural to the game or just this crowd, but we're all sure every other person is going to stab us in the back from the first post and it takes a lot to convince people you're base crew.

And if you attempt any public organization, you are an immediate target for idiotic base crew bandwagoning because ZOMG ORGANIZATION MEANS INFIL.