In 2.6.2, BE keeps rushing rail heavies

Discussion in 'Game Play' started by D.D.D. Destroyer, Feb 22, 2015.

1. D.D.D. Destroyer

D.D.D. Destroyer Member Staff Member Moderator

Skipping any sort of intermittent tech, it's a run towards reactive, 3phase, rails, and then heavies. It hits after, what, 17 minutes? And I have yet to develop any form of decent counter.

Cries for nerfing this tactic aside, what do you guys recommend for NF against this?

Also, am I the only one who finds it really frustrating to play against rail heavies?

Last edited: Feb 22, 2015
  2. ImSpartacus

ImSpartacus nerf spec plz

Plasma is bonkers good against any 3phase. It doesn't even need to overheat, it just gets really slow.

In a pinch, HE cannon and nukes also do a decent amount of heat to target, but you have to use teamwork with those.

3. flasche

flasche Member Staff Member Moderator

missile spam, beat them with ear rape

4. Lazybum

Lazybum :D Staff Member Moderator

Rails are absolute crap against infantry, so push as grens/scout with sticky stuns. If you can get an apc or something to spam plasma mg at them that could also help.

If you aren't in the comm seat and team is super poor/doesn't have decent meds or heavies you can do what I do and just rush a jeep at them with ammo upgrade and rifleman stickys. All 4 on one side will destroy tank, well most of the time, but for dual rails with 3phase and reactive I think it does the trick.

5. D.D.D. Destroyer

Those are very solo-oriented strats, can you share your plans for

small parts of the team, like a single squad
    the whole team

as well?

6. ImSpartacus

If we're talking overly elaborate & risky team-wide strategies, then walls & arty on a chokepoint map would be great. Rails have respectable DPS, but walls are tough as nails and rails can't really harm the engies maintaining the walls. Then you just have an arty or two pound the area outside of the walls. Hopefully you can kill enough tanks to keep em low on res while you lose nothing maintaining your defense.

7. Z100000M

Z100000M Vithered Weteran

You want to counter a heavy rush strat with what now

8. ImSpartacus

By the time the enemy has heavies, you're always within 2 min of getting arty. You worried about that time? Just spam walls and go full-on money on their asses. This is conditional on a chokepoint map, mind you, so there's a place to wall up.

9. Z100000M

Z100000M Vithered Weteran

Say it along with me

'Ain't noone never going to get no artillery to counter no heavies.'

10. ImSpartacus

If the only thing that can ever defeat a heavy is another heavy or a group of mediums, then this will be a pretty dull game.

11. complete_

complete_ lamer

hahahaha arty to counter heavies im laughing

its easy to counter rail heavies. one of the strats is not aiming for the front since spartacus ruined everything by giving them 8 plates there

12. D.D.D. Destroyer

Could work on SOF if your team's good enough for sure.

@complete: You're not really contributing Here.

13. complete_

complete_ lamer

yes i am. if im not, why dont you use the report button

14. D.D.D. Destroyer

I guess a shitty contribution is still a contribution. Also nty, I like posting.

15. flasche

but arty is way too situational to consider it a counter. i dare anyone try this on duststorm, unless you got them boxed in ruines its bound to fail.
    if the map is money_cl arties will chew up everything as long as walls are maintained.

16. Sgt.Security

Sgt.Security Member

If your team is good enough then just fucking roll tanks and fuck them up.

Spartacus, actually pull that shit out and I'll take your words.
    Your definition of counter is kinda weird.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2015
  17. D.D.D. Destroyer

I don't ask just for straight up counters, map- and situation-dependent strats also are welcome.

@Security pls elaborate, my experience tells me that NF tanks lose out quite badly when pitted against BE railgun heavies.

18. Sgt.Security

Sgt.Security Member

Honestly if you can't win, or at least holding a stalemate with inferior research, your team probably isn't better.

But what do you do when your team is "kinda" better and has quite a few decent players?
    Exploit the fact that rail guns are retardedly bad against infantry and they are retardedly heavy.
    Use a few good grens and protect them with revive engis, the revive engis can be drivers at the same time, also drop walls and stuff.
    (Actually there's a countermeasure to this but I am not establishing it here, not nuke.)
    If your team is shit, this obviously won't work because rev engis are too ignorant to revive and grens are too bad at surviving.

With equally good armor, engine and similar skill level, you can put up a decent fight against BE rail gun heavy with missiles and a non-std CN.
    If you constantly lose the battle, then I am sorry but the BE driver is just outright better.

19. flasche

tease them to run you over and drop something (ml turret, radar) to get them stuck. bonus points if you do it infront some brush-wall or map entity and place a turret behind the tank to lock it in place. then work some smg2 magic once the driver gets out.
    sadly you need a somewhat good latency for this (or a lot of training to get the timing right) and its no good strategy afterall - not reliable enough.

grens grew even more useless against heavies now that they just regenerate - which additionally gives even more incentive to drive as gren, so mines are no option either. i dont get whats so bad about forcing an enemy to retreat. if they are dumb enough to let you take off 5 layers of armor, which already requires you to hit a single side a couple of times, they dont deserve to be able to stay at the fronts.

20. Ikalx

Ikalx Member

Even I found it funny :D

The only time I've seen this kind of situation work is on slaughtered and the S-Bend.