I think the game may be too mentally challenging for it's playerbase.

Discussion in 'Game Play' started by Chris0132', Jan 3, 2008.

1. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

do it all at the same time imo.

there should be a link to opening the manual on the main menu imo.

2. Chris0132'

Chris0132' Developer

The core game is stable and enjoyable most of the time, and for the most part balanced. The major thing it lacks is completeness, there is a lot which is yet to be added, but I see no reason why the current build would be unsuitable for building a player base with.

3. Shinzon

Shinzon Member

Then go ahead and build it, no one is stopping you; infact I think people would love you if you did that :p

But considering the topic of this thread; I dont think you will take the flag and lead to a sunshine filled pasture with pink unicorns and bunnies...

4. Chris0132'

Chris0132' Developer

Strangely enough, I'm not in posession of the code, a compiler, and the C++ training required to do that.

I can hardly sell people a game which doesn't look appealing can I?

5. sickre

sickre Member

Maybe the mod should have a tutorial? The one in Synergy mod was quite well done...

6. Hendar23

Hendar23 Member

Maybe we should get off our collective arses and get the wiki up to date. I hear it's full of errors and out-of-date info and it's getting teh n00bs all confused.

7. sickre

sickre Member

I second this. When playing the first version, it was difficult to distinguish between the different buildings.

8. thaile

thaile Member

Umm... It's being use to build a player base. If you remember back in 1.08 the servers where empty most of the time. Now there's at least 2-3 server mostly full at all times of the day.

While this game is a rts/fps hybird, it leans more towards the fps side. You can't be a commander and expect it to play like C&C. People have their own style of play and things that they are good and bad at. It doesn't matter what tactic you think will win if your team can't pull it off. From what you're been saying I just don't think empires is right for you. Maybe Iron Grip would be better, you could comm and have the soldiers and tank do exactly what you want.

Now about clan stacking. Please stop giving them a hard time. Most people join clans because they want to play together. All of a sudden just because they have a clan tag they're no longer allowed to play together? Plus the fact that just because someone has a clan tag doesn't mean they're good players.

Just take Emp_Recruit example early about the KM server, and the so called clan stacking. Did it every occur to him that the 2 players that where spec'ing and clan stacking might be beginner trying to learn how to play? How are they suppose to learn if they don't watch and learn from someone who knows how to play? The first thing that occured to him was 'oh great clan stacking, we're going to lose.' Of course he won and was like 'we won because they suck', but it never crossed his mind that they might just be beginners, only that they clan stacked.

9. Emp_Recruit

Emp_Recruit Member

1.08 was released to the public?????

10. flatmush

flatmush Member

1.08 became 2.0

11. Hendar23

Hendar23 Member

Exactly! If I joined a clan I would expect to always be on the same side as my clanmates. I mean, isn't that the whole point?

12. flatmush

flatmush Member

Yep, maybe on your own server but as a clan your aim is also to become the best clan out there so your members skill will be above average and if you all join the same team on other servers then you make a really inbalanced game which isn't fair.

13. Shinzon

Shinzon Member

And what if the entire clan changes their names into something random; they know who is who; but to a pubber they just look like a bunch of other pubbers...

Will you still bitch and whine about "Stacking" then? no

It seems like having a tag beside your name lends easy to being bitched at for no other reason than having a little tag...

I remeber before joining a clan I would always sneer at any person that said "OMFG THEY GOT A TAGZ ON THEM WE LOOZE!" and most of the time that was true... So what if they got a little shitty peice of text beside their name, it still means nothing...

14. Emp_Recruit

Emp_Recruit Member

Contradictory?

15. flatmush

flatmush Member

Yeah, and whether you have clan tags on or not, you still ruin the game for 50% of the people on there if the game is inbalanced.
    And a clan tag does mean something for the most part, almost no newbies have clan tags so you're going to have far less new folk on your team if you stack.

16. Shinzon

Shinzon Member

lol sorry; must have been messed up in the head when I wrote that, what I meant is:

I told people that a tag meant nothing, sneering at the clanners. And most of the time the tag meant exactly that: nothing...

17. Chris0132'

Chris0132' Developer

Please read the whole thread, I hate having to repeat myself.

18. Geese Howard

Geese Howard Member

Whole thread too long, but it seems like his opinion just disagrees with yours.

My personal opinion, is just play and see what happens. If you get steam roll, ask to mix up the teams next map.

19. Chris0132'

Chris0132' Developer

I'd still be complaining if the teams were totally imbalanced.

He is disagreeing with points which have already been brought up, and I have already answered.

I am not responsible for the laziness of people who post here.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2008