How about a quote contest?

Discussion in 'Worldbuilding' started by Commander Z, Jan 3, 2008.

1. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

define terrorist

2. Ikalx

Ikalx Member

Apparently, the Jekotians were living under the Brenodi Empire as second class citizens. The Northern Faction started up as a group dedicated to 'overthrowing the oppressors'...so, they were trying to destroy the goverment in place...i'm not sure if that is anarchistic or terroristic...

At least, I think that's somewhat like it was.

3. Jessiah

Jessiah Member

Before the NF formed, there were hundreds of small terrorist groups. It's easiest to explain what they did by contrasting BE to the USA, and NF to the Iraqi terrorists trying to get them the fuck out of their country. When they could, they would cross the border into the Empire and try to hit other targets. When NF formed many of the terrorist groups came under the NF banner, not all, but many, as well as ex-soldiers secretly recruited to the cause.

4. Maxaxle

Maxaxle Member

I think the NF mostly want their own country where they enjoy the freedoms they once had. Makes sense, and I don't blame them. Feels like a Star Wars situation (Empire VS Rebels).

5. Lumi

Lumi Member

You could easily call the American Revolution terrorism.

6. Sandbag

Sandbag Member

I just laughed my arse off, this is funny. this is gold.

7. TheAmethystDuke

TheAmethystDuke Member

You almost made me cry :(

8. Ikalx

Ikalx Member

Lol...polar opposites :p

9. Lumi

Lumi Member

"In the 7 years I have served in this rebellion, I have seen pain every day. I see it in the faces of orphaned children, hear it in the cries of dying soldiers, and feel it as my comrades die by my side. Those damn imperials that we fight so hard know naught of pain. But today, my comrades, this is the day where they know our pain, the pain of our people, the pain of Jekotia!

They may kill you, they may kill me, they may kill the entire rebellion, but let the world remember what happened here; when fifty men stood against a thousand!"
    -Rallying cry of Major T. Hastings, Jekotian 2nd infantry division.

Last edited: May 23, 2009
  10. Jessiah

Jessiah Member

Sounds like a shitty 300 rip :|

11. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

yea, 300

12. Alceister

Alceister Member

<Filler>

Last edited: May 25, 2009
  13. petemyster

petemyster Member

only a thousand against fifty? Comon man, its fan fiction, you don't have to be so realistic, over exaggerate things :rolleyes:

14. Jessiah

Jessiah Member

It should be realistic to the universe Empires is set in. The 50 would be remembered as brave idiots that got slaughtered. This isn't 300 where tactics ultimately win. This is a sudo-future with smart bombs, guided missiles, artillery, etc.

15. Sandbag

Sandbag Member

Alceistar, that was awesome. love it.

16. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

you should make more, i like how you write

got that pinch of mad ww2 stuff on it

17. Lumi

Lumi Member

"The Colonel let out a long sigh as he cast his gaze upon the face of Kevin, a member of my squad. He shook his head in disapproval as he sat down to lecture us. 'Behavior such as this makes this entire military look bad. You can't steal a tank, without certification, in the middle of the night and drive it recklessly into enemy territory. You may have just caused a Jekotian counterattack and risked the lives of every soldier and civilian on this base! Just what were you fools trying to accomplish!?'

"Kevin opened his mouth in an attempt to explain our actions, but the Colonel thwarted his attempts with his fist banging firmly on the table. 'I've lost my patience with this squad, and first thing tomorrow, you will all be dishonorably discharged.'

"There was a short silence which was broken when Brian, another member of our squad, began to laugh. The Colonel rose to discipline him for such behavior, but cautiously drew his gun as he saw Brian reach into his pocket. Brian threw something onto the table that petrified the Colonel where he stood. His gun fell to the floor as he saw, on the table, a medal that could belong to none other than a Jekotian General.'

"We weren't discharged that morning."
    -M. Hale, Brenodi "Whiskey Squad"

Last edited: Jun 6, 2009
  18. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

wiskey squad is always full of snobby wiseguyy, but they get the job done so we will not get rid of them until after the war ends

19. Empty

Empty Member

"Thanks to the NF sending us these kind letters of concern, we have obliged them by lowering the explosive payload in your RPGs, hopefully this change will aid in our political relationship, and we thank you for your continued patience in the matter. We'd also like to mention the new "parachuted" scout rifle rounds which wi-"

Last words of Chief Brenodi Quartermaster, while announcing new weapons developement to veteran soldiers.

Reports lead authorities to believe that he was struck by mortar, the weapon it was discharged from is unknown, investigation continues.

20. Jessiah

Jessiah Member

ASDFGHJKL
    HES BACK OH GOD RUN AWAY
    [​IMG]