How about a quote contest?

Discussion in 'Worldbuilding' started by Commander Z, Jan 3, 2008.

1. Commander Z

Commander Z Member

I love this mod, and would like to contribute any way possible. I suck at mapping, so how about another way for fans to contribute to this wonderful mod? Like how about we submit quotes, and those that are deemed worthy could be incorporated into the game, from the loading screen? Here are some of mine.

Ahead of me two enemy platoons encroach on my position. Behind me lie nothing but the riverbed. As I can not swim, I write my last entry, and with a deep breath I load my weapon. The sky is setting, and with any luck, I will sneak out of here without detection.

- Mitch D. Carlen, Northern Faction Scout

For each victory, we celebrate. For each defeat, we rectify. There is no stopping this holy empire. Our campaigns in the wilderness and at home have brought us great victory. At dusk, we march for their capitol, keeping this war machine well fed.

- General Jarek Obwalden, Brenodian Empire

My brother died yesterday, and today I may surely perish. War has tarnished our souls, and it has eroded our humanity. But never again. I will give great effort, and by nightfall I will be at peace.

- Edger T. Romberg, Northern Faction

Last edited: Jan 3, 2008
  2. KILLX

KILLX Banned

On this night, we rejoice. On this night, we celebrate. Why, you may ask? Because on this night, Jekotia is reborn. On this night, we fight back. On this night, we go to war with the Brenodi one final time, and begin our final crusade for what is rightfully ours!

They think we are defeated, that we lie in ruin, that we are nothing. Tonight we prove the Brenodi wrong. Tonight we prove to them that we are a force to be reckoned with, a force that will not die, a force that refuses to die, a force that cannot die. A force that will fight till the bitter end, whether that be victory, or a cold bloody defeat.

- Commander Patterson, Declaration of War Broadcast to the remains of the Jekotian Empire (Northern Faction)

Last edited: Jan 9, 2008
  3. supaste

supaste Member

how to get ammos?

4. flatmush

flatmush Member

I'm going to nine mine the bloody CV if you don't research some goddamn armour for these paper heavies!

- William D. Robertson, 11th Grenadier Squadron

5. Carnifex

Carnifex Member

Observe your enemies, for they first find out your faults.

- Antisthenes (445 BC - 365 BC)

6. The Buttery Lobster

The Buttery Lobster Drama Queen.

"Nuts!"

that's one of my favorites. also anything by sun tzu, or anything in the current COIN handbook.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2008
  7. petemyster

petemyster Member

lol can we seriously do this idea. I'd love to see my quote every time the loading scene comes up

8. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

it feels great, trust me :D:D:D

WE DEMAND MORE QUOTES FOR PAGE LOADS!

9. cHoCoBo lOl

cHoCoBo lOl Member

I made up the following quotes... or heard em somewhere, not sure who the original writer is though... let me know if you find out :D
    A Good defense is a Great offense
    -Unkown
    Ten soldiers wisely led will beat a hundred without a head.
    -Unkown
    When two nations fight for something, its like two children fighitng for a toy
    -Unknown xD childish nations :P

10. petemyster

petemyster Member

i'd create my own story now, but im afriad of it getting burried, and by 3.0 it wouldn't be included

11. KILLX

KILLX Banned

a story wont be included, good quotes will. if it gets buried, its because it either

a. sucked
    b. you stopped adding new chapters
    c. a + b

12. petemyster

petemyster Member

yeah, B is very prone to happening.
    a) will never happen! it will be the adventerous story of a NF soldier with 1 leg and 1 arm who had to bail out behind enemy lines. Certificate 50, contains sexual references.

But yeah, i'll jsut have to wait and think. Who picks which quotes are "good"

13. Trid3nt

Trid3nt Member

"The echoes of a former nation. Ghosts of an army lost in the mists of time. We waited. Water dripped off the naked, blackened trees, falling into small streams, which ran around the ankles of a small Brenodi Soldier. His eyes were greyed from fatigue, his clothes worn and tattered, he stumbled through the undergrowth, and into my vision. Silently, I cocked the rifle, and drew a bead on the enemy soldier. And as the lightning lit up the night sky, I opened fire."

Unknown Private of the 2nd Jekotian rangers, Pathfinder Platoon, Whiskey Squad.

14. cHoCoBo lOl

cHoCoBo lOl Member

but in a way they are related...
    they have to do with war, and are good tips for squad leading like the second one...
    howd you miss that?
    except the last one... the two first ones are great tips... -.-

15. Trid3nt

Trid3nt Member

petemyster brings up a good point - Who is the judge?

16. petemyster

petemyster Member

im am muahahhahah. My guess is developers

17. Trid3nt

Trid3nt Member

"All hail the almighty Krenzo" - Me [/Sucking up]

18. petemyster

petemyster Member

Krenzo's head on one of the Spartan warriors in a war pose, and that underneath it. Then im pretty sure you'll get it :P

19. Superlagg

Superlagg Member

"Northern Faction can kiss my ass."
    -Brenodi Colonal Jonathon O'Neill​

"Partybus! Partybus! Whiskey build a party-No, no-damnit not a tank! COme on Whis-OK, everyone in the partybus! Partyb- where the fuck's the armor? Whatever. Go north. Thanks. Everyone out! Need a ref, Commander. Thanks. Everyone build. Everyone in the partybus! Bridge! Whew! Keep going north. Grenadier! Nice shot! Wait, defusal? Good, good. Turret farm! Drive in! No, IN! IN! Crap, everyone out! Out! Fuckin' turrets. Decon that shit. Nice. Ref. Thanks. Rax. Rax up! Commander is under attack. WHO THE FUCK FLIPPED THE COM? WHO THE--WHAT THE FUCK. Im getting Mi--"
    -Brenodi Private emp_recruit, mvalley.​

"THE BRIDGE IS OUT."
    -[CHOPPER]Dutch.​

"Stop buying jeeps goddamnit!"
    -Brenodi Private [BSID]Cornpuffin​

"Researching paper heavies."
    -Northern Faction Commander (1)emp_recruit​

20. Melee

Melee Member

"That's one small Flip for man, one giant Flip for mankind."

-Sergeant Neil Armstrong - 9th Mein Kampf division - Sadly Deceased when teh CV landed on him when he tripped over a hidden enemy scout.

Epitaph - The scout got the last point for spotting teh CV just before it squashed him.............................