How about a quote contest?

Discussion in 'Worldbuilding' started by Commander Z, Jan 3, 2008.

1. Trid3nt

Trid3nt Member

Well, there goes any germans who play empires...

2. ba'al

ba'al Member

"The difference between a warcriminal and a warhero is who wins."
    Mural painting in a burnt North faction village

Last edited: Jan 22, 2008
  3. angry hillbilly

angry hillbilly Member

the most favorate quote ever:

We shall not flag or fail. We shall go on to the end. We shall fight in Brenodia. We shall fight on the seas and oceans. We shall fight, with growing confidence and strength in the air. We shall defend our land, whatever the cost may be. We shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets. We shall fight in the hills. We shall never surrender.
    Winston Churchill, North faction commander 101st division :cry: cry with joy

Last edited: Jan 24, 2008
  4. Trid3nt

Trid3nt Member

"And on the Fifth day, the sun rose from it's slumber, igniting the air with a soft yellow glow. The fires from the night before now bid farewell, as embers in glowing ashes, some drifting into the distance, carried lightly by a gentle wind. And now, moments before we climb over the top, to meet our destiny, I look out on the godless land, and then to the mellow sky above, and whisper a silent prayer."

Extract from a Brenodi soldier's diary

5. Contraceptive SpongeBob

Contraceptive SpongeBob Member

As my cold, numb hands reached for my pistol, it was apparent that I was about to die. I suddenly felt my life unfurling before my eyes, and I was not afraid. I faced the drums beat upon by the excised bones of my brethren without fear. As I looked to the sky, and fell to my knees, I suddenly realised... I forgot to turn off the stove.

Corporal T. N. Biscuts, 292nd Jekotian Catering Corps

6. Trid3nt

Trid3nt Member

I loled

7. Deightine

Deightine Member

"This? This is nothing. And nowhere near as bad as the massacre at Brev's Hill. On day 6 our trenches began to fall in, dirty streams of muck and spent cordite running roughshod over the men below. On day 14 the beams supporting the sides gave in while those same men -- broken, tired, low on ammo -- were pinned down by remote turret fire. A few suffocated but most dug free. On day 16 that same trench filled with rain and sewage backwash due to poor drainage. On day 20 we retook our trench from the bloated and festering Brenodi corpses that lay within. My work may be shoddy, but that moment was priceless."
    ~ Cpt. Jaechem Deighn, Northern Faction Engineer

"And there we were, locked down under enemy fire. You wouldn't believe and couldn't imagine what that was like- so I'll tell ya'. We're in a giant concrete box, tank shells going off all around us and murmurs among the men that we may have been infiltrated. Our factory out back was smoking and the refinery just past the free fire zone mocked us with how near it looked. Brandy was squatting on our heads and pissing bullets down in a steady stream of abuse that makes my neck hair stand up just to think about it. I have nightmares about that day every time I try to sleep. The kind where you wake up shaking and screaming, trying to spit out the taste of gunpowder and aerosol blasted human remains. I see it over and over, our Commander -- he was like a father to me -- turning to look at us as he opened the barracks door and I watched the remains of a soldier slide down in clinging bits. His voice was haunting, 'Everybody rush that refinery.'."
    ~ Cpt. Jaechem Deighn, Northern Faction Engineer (when asked if he had ever attended Take-Your-Kid-To-Work Day )

Last edited: Aug 22, 2008
  8. communism

communism poof

"Take COVARRRRR"

9. Empty

Empty Member

Lol. So much raeg.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2008
  10. Tovarich Cookie

Tovarich Cookie Member

Sarge, what the HELL are we supposed to use again the Brandies? we dont even HAVE ammunition, or guns for that matter! Sticks, stones, and harsh language?
    Sticks, stones, OR harsh language, son. Take your pick.
    -Extract from Bredoni electronic intelligence gathering.

I think, "holy shit" about describes this perfectly.
    -Lieutenant Colonel Raymond Hughes, viewing the remains of the Northern Ridge after bombardment by the MAC.

After a war, the boundaries of evil are set by the winners. They also write the history books. If we lose, WHEN we lose, i do not, DO NOT want the future generation to be poisoned by their propaganda. I do not want their minds contaminated by the evils of the monarchy. I will NOT allow it.
    -Late Brigadier General Simon Bougnaville, Propaganda officer of the Northern Faction. Executed for defeatism and treason.

11. OuNin

OuNin Member

I may be new, but I could tell nobody in my division had seen them before either. They knew how to make an entrance. Their formation diverged onto the horizon. As they drew closer, I read "M.A.D." scrawled on the sides of their eclectic chassis: customized armor, courtesy of the Empire, complete with new tank scent. Mercenaries. I was sure they were indeed 'mad' when one tanker popped his hatch only to point at me, saying to his compatriots "TEN POINTS A SPEED BUMP." He slammed his hatch shut and sped up while I ran away, as fast as I could.

- Joseph Scott, Brenodi Recruit Scout, Brenodi 1st Infantry Division

12. Trid3nt

Trid3nt Member

They were the darkest of the Empire's legions. Stories of their exploits began to leak to the general public, as well as the troops on the front line. The 31st tank core, designed to take out the toughest of Jekotian defences were nicknamed the 'Shadows'. They would apear out of nowhere, causing havok, and devastating anything that stood in their way. My first experience with them was not a memory to be savoured. As our platoon sweeped over ashes of an attack location, a private called out in horror; an arm was hanging limply out of some rubble. A child's hand.

Sgt Russel Macavoy, 34th Recon corps

13. Empty

Empty Member

Known only as the Horizon Zero squad, the elite Brenodian infantry squad was rarely seen, but always feared, hailing from a more Australian section of the empire, despite their slower than average reflexes, they were a force to be feared, equally as capable in hand to hand combat as they were inside the warm shelter of a heavy, Hz# Squad were always up for a fight.

Brenodi Admiral Jeremie Teylor

14. Hendar23

Hendar23 Member

"Hadn't seen any trouble all day. The Sarg and I was walkin' down 83rd street when he lets out this yell. He'd been stabbed in the back of the knees. I turned 'round, ready to smash the bastard with the butt of me rifle, and....and it was just a little kid. I mean like he wasn't more than eight years old. The medic said the Sarg will have a limp the rest of his life. I mean, what the hell are we supposed to do when it's kids?"

- Corpral Davison, patrol report. Parcan City, Jakotian Occupied Territories.

15. DonMegel

DonMegel Member

I cant belive no one quoted anything I had written in all those pages! I'm hurt

16. The Buttery Lobster

The Buttery Lobster Drama Queen.

<filler>

17. DonMegel

DonMegel Member

ROFL :p

18. Ikiller101

Ikiller101 Member

"Yea this is just about right a heavy tank without ammo"

Sargent Richard S patterson- Northern faction tank commander

(When demoted for not haveing enough ammo)

19. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

for another thread, but it fits fine here...

Last edited: Aug 31, 2008
  20. Dawgas

Dawgas Banned

That's because it's already there

this is about original content, right?