Griefing and Ninjaing.

Discussion in 'Game Play' started by Empty, Oct 22, 2008.

1. Demented

Demented Member

See, I had wanted to say 'you are a right on all possible aspects'. Problem with that is, there are aspects which are possible but so implausible that clinical insanity would be necessary in order for them to be apparent, as a regular person would dismiss them off-hand, such as hidden or encoded messages, or implied meanings about the size of Brenodi manhoods. So to be accurate (and possibly express some mandatory measure or irrationale) I had to restrict myself to congratulating you on being right, while also excluding aspects that were completely irrelevant and associated with insanity.

Even if that convoluted explanation didn't occur to you, you could at least note that I didn't specify the quantity of aspects to which you were right against those which were only apparent to the clinically insane, even if it were implied that you were the latter. In which case, since the ambiguity could result in either a complement, insult, or some bizarre mixture of both, a simple 'I'm not sure how to take that' would have sufficed.

Also, there is a matter I had forgotten when I wrote the post:
    If: Driving with Command Vehicle
    Then: Vehicle Speed > Vehicle Cooling

So you're actually right on all but two aspects (exclusive of those aspects apparent only to the clinically insane, of course).

2. [lodw]keef

[lodw]keef Hobbit

well regaurdless of how heated our debate becomes here I think me and metal have alot to bring to the table in regaurds to tactics and game play, also settleing about how the mines and defual works along with how to prevent ninjas can be quite useful to someone not aware of how these things work reading these posts.

And we both are letting people reading this learn from our experiences. Like with comming and the whole targets thing.

3. [lodw]keef

[lodw]keef Hobbit

hmm, I'm not very good at dancing with words. Obviously our self identified definitions of the phrase 'clinically insane' vary a bit. Everyone has their own views on the definitions of words, big and small too 2 different people can have very different meanings. Its all a matter of perception and experience.

and I'm going to admit even after you explaining it I dont fully understand what your getting at with the 'clinically insane'.

But what do you sacrifice for that vehicle speed? and the idea behind cooling is if your stun stickied you will get out of it faster(and still keep the usefulness of an engineer) and the speed you get away doesnt really matter since it doesnt take much to outdistance infantry. And also if your just driving around and want to go faster, if your a scout once you have gotten to that place so fast what are you going to do there as a scout?

4. Metal Smith

Metal Smith Member

I may have to put a demo on it. By on top of, I mean anywhere that normally would be used to ninja.

If a ninja does the normal drop 8 mines and shoot mortar, having defusal will save your life as a com.

But if you are pushed onto the mines from a distance away from them ( litterally pushed by a vehicle) then you will blow them up. Unless you go off of them and are pushed back onto them.

|_____|x :P <---- the |___| is the com. The x are the mines, the :P is the ninja. if the com is in com view at this time, and has defusal, and the ninja shoots his mortar and hits the com, the com will not blow up from "being nudged", even though that would be the case in normal circumstances.

|_>|____| X :P <---------- |_> is a tank running into the com which is the |__| again. If the com gets pushed into point X (the mines), then the com will set off the mines in the com view, regardless of what he has. :P is the gren ninja.

I hope this illustration helps you understand what I"m saying, cause you didn't get it the first time.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2008
  5. Empty

Empty Member

What? You're utterly wrong. The tank would have to set off the mines, the comm can't set off mines in 2.2 unless there's a non-defusal driver.

Yes, empty comms no splodey

6. Metal Smith

Metal Smith Member

you drunk empty?

that made no sense.

anyhow, get on a server with someone and try it out for yourself. if mines are touching a com vehicle or placed touching a com vehicle while the com is in the over view mode, the mines will not go off from being moved by a bullet or mortar or rocket shot.

If the mines were placed while the com was in com view, but the mines were NOT touching the com vehicle, then if the com is pushed into said mines, the com vehicle will blow up the mines.

It's difficult to put into words for someone to understand when they are so adamantly refusing the possibility, but it's the truth and that's all there is to it.

7. Empty

Empty Member

I've done it, and it doesn't happen.

8. [lodw]keef

[lodw]keef Hobbit

i have done it to, and you definatly blow up

I actually tested it long ago but i just tried it again with the assistance of Slice, and yep nothin changed you still blow up.

9. Metal Smith

Metal Smith Member

well, i don't blow up, therefor i use this strat after base is built. I dunno what's wrong with you guys, but it works for me.

10. Cloud

Cloud Member

You're the anomaly here.

11. Aquillion

Aquillion Member

Not instantly.

The point is, the other team should get the 'building under attack' message, and get a chance to reply, because Empires is ultimately not a stealth game and nothing it is really balanced with stealth in mind.

12. Zeke

Zeke Banned

Turrets, cameras, walls and players which are alert of the game.
    Thats how to beat 9miners.

oh and regarding stealth, ever tried a engi/scout combo rush?

the scout sabotage the building and then u stickie/seismic spam it down... it takes a matter of seconds and you cant assist the barrack before its too late.

13. Emp_Recruit

Emp_Recruit Member

or two engineers can do it in the same time + being able to revive eachother and build a new base....

14. Disposable_Hero

Disposable_Hero Member

ninja post... wrong thread... :D

15. Zeke

Zeke Banned

from the point the first attack alert pop up, the scout+engi is faster :)

and ofc the engi can also build a new base ;)

16. Emp_Recruit

Emp_Recruit Member

O.o your kidding right? After the scout gets it down to half health he can't do anymore damage(I suppose he could sticky it but I'm ignoring that). Two engineers can do 2x the damage of one. In the same time one engineer can kill a barracks at 1/2 health two engineers can kill a barracks with full health......... Why do I need point shit like this out.

17. Zeke

Zeke Banned

For granted the scout use stun stickies to optimize damage, you dont let one of the engineers take a nap while the other throw nades, its just the same with a scout.

In other words:
    Half hitpoints + 1 engineer = the same time as 2 engineers.
    half hitpoints + 1 engineer + 1 scout = the same time as 2 engineers and 2 scouts stickie stunning.
    Do you see the logic now?

As you said: "Why do i need point shit like this out."

edit: oh and lets not forget the fact that if anyone actually do spawn they get 50% hp, along with the scouts capabilities to disable nasty mg turrets.
    and if the commander happend to be nearby you can send off ur scout to stickie stun him along with the barrack and thereby trapping him in a endless spam of overheats.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2008
  18. Emp_Recruit

Emp_Recruit Member

The dmg stun stickies does to barracks is marginal and after hes thrown his two either the engineer has to have placed his ammo crate stupidly close to the barracks so he gets raped by anyone coming out or the scout has to do a run between the ammo box and building. The difference in time is so small its not even worth mentioning. There's no way a scout+engineer is better for taking down a rax then 2x engineers. I mean both engineers could build mls and then start throwing nades if you really want to get anal about a few stun stickies the scout can through. Or MGs and have protection if anyone spawns.

19. Zeke

Zeke Banned

Was this stealth... or was i mistaken?
    in a stealth mission i wouldnt build stuff that pops up on the radar...

also i think you should try out a few stun stickies on buildings and compare them to seismic nades, i think you will be suprised.

also... try doing a scout/engi combo against a building with a friend of urs on a empty server... see how quick it goes down.

the fact ur up close to the barrack is of little importance due to the time it take to destroy it, along with the fact that you SHOULD inform your commander to mark up whatever may pop up during the few seconds you attack it.

20. Empty

Empty Member

Stunstickies and stickies do more damage to structures than seismics, the problem is you can only carry 4.