grendade launcher(the model not a idea)(and yes there is pics)

Discussion in 'Art' started by SirSnipes, Sep 23, 2008.

1. SirSnipes

SirSnipes Member

And Stay On Topic

2. ScardyBob

ScardyBob Member

Looks great! Though, are the devs thinking of implementing a grenade launcher?

3. SirSnipes

SirSnipes Member

i have no clue

i ahev no clue im just trying to get noticed as iwant to join the team

4. Emp_Recruit

Emp_Recruit Member

WOW OMG AWESOME GET THIS INGAME NOAW

-msacras

5. Chris0132'

Chris0132' Developer

It still looks like a bunch of primitives with the edges rounded off.

It doesn't look at all realistic.

6. SirSnipes

SirSnipes Member

my final design

i got a message from krenzo today sayin that i need more practice, so i will get it BYE

Attached Files:

7. SirSnipes

SirSnipes Member

man nextto noone ahs looked at the newie

8. mr_quackums

mr_quackums Member

they're working on Lego Empires?

i agree with the more practice statement. that last one definitely looks like a grenade launcher, but needs polish.

9. Empty

Empty Member

Stop using anything curved by default unless you're doing a face, and use the mesh editing tools, google some tutorials, youtube, whatever. You need a lot of practice and you need it bad.

10. Solokiller

Solokiller Member

Atm we're not thinking about infantry-carryable gl's, but a gl as an attachment ofr a weapon (like a replacement for the grenadier's weapons, to allow him to swap from anti-tank/building to anti-infantry) is something i suggested some time ago.

11. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

everything in my opinion, art is the reflection of the makers feelings and desires

without reality there can be no sub-reality,
    without the understanding of reality, there can be no sub-reality, desires, feelings and no illusions.

thus no imagination and no art as we know it

it would be impossible to "visualize" something, so if there would be art in a scenario like that, it would be spontaneous art, something that was created accidentally when trying to do a repetitive task, also there would probably be no psychological progression in this world, people would stay apes forever, no tools nor language would be created, no understanding of the present, future or past, no form of memory and only empty flatlander going on instinct

and solokiller, my you sure get up early...

Last edited: Sep 24, 2008
  12. Zehtuka

Zehtuka Member

Dont give up on modelling Snipes! Take your time to read tutorials, buy some books and posting stuff on a 3d forum. Some people here need to grow up and/or be a bit more mature. Posting stuff like: ''It's a fucking ugly high poly model'' does not help the modeller, tell him WHAT you dont like about it.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2008
  13. TheBoff

TheBoff Member

Frankly, I thought the last one was quite good.

I think you perhaps should pay attention to things like ergonomics to make your models more realistic: the grips and handles on things like GLs won't be exactly circular, as that would be highly uncomfortable to hold. (I'm sorry if it's not circular, but that's how it looks).

Another point to take heed of is that things that have hugely sharp, right angled corners, just seem to look "wrong": maybe add a few rounded edges sort of thing, but keep the rectangles.

I also know that realism isn't anything, but a square barrel that gets progressively smaller really couldn't work. Unless you have weird square grenades. I would be much more in favour of a cylindrical barrel, with one width.

In future models, I would also offer some sort of shoulder rest (stock? don't know the technical term), as that model seems to lack one, and firing from the hip is just ridiculous and inaccurate.

My last point is purely an aesthetic thing, but I like the look of a /| shape at the end of a barrel, but that's probly just me.

I hope those points don't dishearten you, as I'm just trying to be helpful, and hope you carry on modelling: nobody starts brilliant, and it's absurd of people to expect you to start out with something that will make the cut.

Keep it up!

14. SirSnipes

SirSnipes Member

lol thats the stock, the barrel is the really short piece at the other end

15. Spooky

Spooky Member

I was very bored and looking threw empires forums, found this and because I was bored, I quickly threw up some sounds from empires and tried to make it sound like a "hand-held" grenade launcher.
    unfortunately, rar'ing it would still not be under this dumb 97.6kb limit, so im just giving a link to filefront.
    http://files.filefront.com/GrenadeLauncherConceptwav/;11882264;/fileinfo.html

16. angry hillbilly

angry hillbilly Member

Ignore Empty he's just being a reatrd ^^. Personlay I prefer the original GL that u posted. It has that NF "Oh Fuck were running out of Screws QUICK USE GLUE" senario which is NF perfect. If u got someone good at textureing to texture it for u it would Rock.

TWO THUMBS UP!! ^^^

17. SirSnipes

SirSnipes Member

thanks hillbilly, i think ill start a poll thread with allthe launchers onit to vote for the best

18. DeadReckoning

DeadReckoning Member

I was peaking at this too.. I have to agree, The first few I've seen, were pretty good in feel to specifically the NF. I personally liked the Bi-Pod, I would think it foolish to be running with a high explosive weapon as in, Run and Gun.

My suggestion would be to look at real world equipment,and I assume your showcasing designs based on the NF so study on those designs, and add a mixture of imagination. If at all possible, present an explanation of every gizmo on the device(ie; why does it have this, how does this work, etc), else it would be a block shooting out explosive turds.

19. Notorious

Notorious Member

I dunno about polies or art, and i couldnt know or care less, but im sure theyre important to some degree.

but i have to say, the first posted pics looked closer to a gren launcher, and the final pics look like some sort of automatic shotgun with a huge mag

i like where solokiller says theyre going to take it though, id rather have an attachment to a weapon, such as a smg1/smg2 from an engy having a single or double shot grenade launcher below the barrel, or a single/double shot shotgun, and etc with rifleman

having a single weapon devoted to spamming grenades seems like overkill to me at the moment, especially if the grenades are designed to explode on impact, like those old 007 goldeneye gren launchers from N64, i mean, people can already spam grenades with god-like throwing distances using sprint and jumping

plus, is there something coming out for grenadiers? it seems kind of ridiculously easy to kill a gren if they dont know how to use their mortar or rocket launcher, theyre hella useful against vehicles, but it seems like they might need a little extra firepower vs. infantry

and w/e you guys are doing to scouts, more team friendly, etc

i kind of like that parachute mod on the nachos server, it would be especially tight when airplanes become usable, to watch people bail out

plus i wouldnt mind seeing increase in turret and building limit if thats possible

and when is Chris going to finish his king under the mountain map, stop talking about art and get back to work!

20. SirSnipes

SirSnipes Member

well mebe ill take my hand at a attcahment and thatks for the real support