Grand Theft Auto 5

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by BigTeef, Aug 15, 2013.

1. Z100000M

Z100000M Vithered Weteran

2. Pope_Homeless_XIII

Pope_Homeless_XIII Member

So this happened to me... I had to reload my save. :(

I'm up for it.
    PSN: PopeHomelessXIII

On that note more info on the online portion was released today.

3. complete_

complete_ lamer

i just got it yesterday and its funnnnn (sorry school)

4. Freaknovich

Freaknovich Member

Shit tier game. Far worse than Red Dead Redemption, GTA IV, GTA San Andreas, and even L.A. Noire. Also the multiplayer is a fucking joke.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2013
  5. BigTeef

BigTeef Bootleg Headshot master

You know, when you say something is worse.

You need to explain why in full debt, otherwise it will be labeled as a opinion.
    Because apparently everyone seems to enjoy the game, and gta online was expected to be broken on launch, just like everything else ever since 08.

People are arguing that it has just as much depth as San Andres because of much more it emulates life than 4.
    The only people who are hating it are the people who are too stubborn to enjoy themselves.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wp_pq3sRdTY

After watching this video, I don't see how its not enjoyable.

6. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

I enjoyed the game thoroughly. I wish it had been a bit longer, but it was generally really really fun. Far more fun than GTA IV.

7. Freaknovich

Freaknovich Member

For straight free-roam fucking around, I suppose it could be fun. Besides that it really has nothing to offer. The game as whole does not seem to have focus but instead is loaded with features that are there for no other reason than to just be there. The core game mechanics are a huge step down from previous Rstar games (RDR & IV). They are not even consistent with eachother (Retard easy driving while super hyper "realistic" flying with helicopter wobbling uncontrollably... wat). No way to switch camera angles while aiming, no crouching, all weapons are hyper accurate lasers... yeah its fucking worse. I'm not even talking about the fucking story, which is sub-par at best, I am talking about the gameplay.

And as for multiplayer, it's shit by default since the sloppy gameplay is carried over. Also why do I need to play a fucking story mode in multiplayer? If you gonna do that have it as a separate mode NOT the fucking starting point for everything! I just want to turn on my game, join a deathmatch or mafia work match and just play MULTIPLAYER not fucking singleplayer with griefers everywhere. I can't just go in and starting killing other players right away like in IV or Red Dead. So yeah, since they couldn't get fundamentals of multiplayer right, it's a fucking joke.

8. BigTeef

What about the social commentary, and showing how truly evil people can be to one another.

And from my point of view, I don't understand how you cannot find it enjoyable in the slightest.

When you compare it to RDR there is far tons more things to do regarding free-roam and multiplayer. May not have the archtype of telling a story RDR has or develop a sense of atmosphere but when comparing content, there are just hours more of it in this than RDR.

If anything this game was designed more towards the roleplayer than the gamer.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lPrEeHmf2Mc

9. Freaknovich

Freaknovich Member

Lol have you played the game? There is nothing subtle about the writing. All the "commentary" is so in your face that it has no impact (unless you are 8 years old). Shoving murder scenes and torture in your face isn't commentary, it's just cheap shock value. In the part from GTA IV after you kill Darko, (the guy that Niko got betrayed him in Europe) and are driving home, Roman asks Niko how he feels now that he has fulfilled his mission, and Niko said he just feels empty. THAT is an example of getting a message across without desperately trying to get your attention.

Also having more shit to do does not make it a better game. Who the fuck cares about yoga and triathlon? San Andreas had more shit than GTA IV but I enjoyed IV because the core gameplay like driving and shooting were so good on their own. Many will disagree because most people didn't like IV since they didn't bother proceeding with the story and didn't get to drive the nice cars like Infernus and thought that they all handled like shit. GTA IV is still best in the series, and if you disagree you have bad taste (It's ok, most people do).

10. Freaknovich

Freaknovich Member

There are some things I liked; music is good, some missions were interesting, level design is really good. Overall though, not impressed.

11. BigTeef

I have not once said subtle, I was asking about the accurate depiction of social commentary.

12. complete_

complete_ lamer

lol shut up

13. BigTeef

sorry m8

I forgot where I was.

14. complete_

complete_ lamer

after playing for awhile, i can safely say that the soundtrack is the worst since 3. the songs are either not that good, or just incredibly uninspired

e: online is mad fun tho

Last edited: Oct 18, 2013
  15. BigTeef

16. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

Yeah, I must admit the soundtrack was a bit disappointing.

17. Z100000M

Z100000M Vithered Weteran

how can it possibly be more shallow than the 4'th track?

18. Freaknovich

Freaknovich Member

It's pretty good, but GTAIV multiplayer had much better pvp. The deathmatches are really unbalanced in 5, giving high ranked players with better weapons and almost guaranteed victory. Also you can no longer have massive hour-long deathmatchs spanning the whole map with badass drive by-action. Also no more Mafia Work or Cops 'n Crooks :(

lol what really did it for me is hearing that rihanna only girl song. Fuck my ears bled every time I heard that song irl on the radio or played in public places. It was real hard blow when I heard that shit in a gta game. We want gta radio, not real life radio...

19. BloodRaven

BloodRaven Member

Well, I just finished playing through the entire SP part of the game (Strangers and freaks included.)

And played quite a bit of MP.

And I have to say, I'm most upset.

Vehicle physics, crash details, are a huge step down from GTA IV, though I do feel that vehicle handling was half a step up form IV.

Radio, nothing good to say there...

The asshole who decided to add turbulence should be pulled out in the street, beaten and then shot. Simply because the turbulence makes NO FUCKING SENSE.

And despite the larger and more diverse world, I feel like there was less to do than in GTA IV, and nothing compared gta san andreas.

Speaking of SA, what the fuck happened to the Grove Street gang?

Multi-player: See "Payday" and "ABP" for an apt description.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2013
  20. complete_

complete_ lamer

because the rock station sucks, the rap station sucks, theres no real good "obscure" genre station, and the only good station has like 6 dr dre songs out of 18 total