Grand Theft Auto 5

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by BigTeef, Aug 15, 2013.

1. Z100000M

Z100000M Vithered Weteran

Wow, there are people who liked every car under/oversteering and even more bs "escape the ever chasing cop cirle of doom" in gta 4.

Go die in a hellfire.

I watched some streams on the release day and also noticed you seem to take absurd amounts of damage. While it seems to start regenerating fast (thank god, fuck those non existant healing options in 4) I think this might fuck over anyone that wants to drive open topped vehicles, cycles especially.

Melee seems to be kinda op though. Don't get me wrong, I hated 4's cherry tapping, but one punch KO's seem retarded.

Also, fuck yeah bikes are back.

Can't wait to see it choke ultra-end PCs when it comes out.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2013
  2. McGyver

McGyver Experimental Pedagogue

How is body armor handled in GTA5? I hated how i always had to drive to the weapon shop to refill my armor before every mission.

3. Fooshi

Fooshi For fuck's sake Fooshi

4. flasche

flasche Member Staff Member Moderator

or you just use this. after a while you remember most spots ...

edit:
    lol they even have streetview ^^

5. Nostalgic

Nostalgic Member

You can buy armor in 5 different tiers, the more expensive it is the more damage it can resist, I haven't bought it yet so i don't know how many hits it can take before it vanishes. Also weapons has attachments now and they brought back some good shit from SA. The whole fake internet that the game has is pretty cool too. Freak is just being a negative nancy.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2013
  6. Z100000M

I assume since weapons have attachments, guys dont just drop them like retards after using up all the ammo?

What about the stats? Are they there just to make characters diffrent or can you just grind them however you want?

7. Pope_Homeless_XIII

Pope_Homeless_XIII Member

Your character can carry every single weapon at once just like in Red Dead Redemption, it even uses the same system.

As for stats; yes you can upgrade them it's pretty much like San Andreas.

8. Z100000M

Huh. But between you carrying many guns at once and attachments (I assume those are probably quite expensive), how is busted/wasted handled? I think I heard you still retain your weapons after getting wasted, but what about bust? Do you loose your whole ridiculously expensive arsenal like in 4? Is there a way to get it back?

9. -Mayama-

-Mayama- MANLY MAN BITCH

I couldnt force myself to play through the last gta as much as I wanted to. I liked the east europe in america setting it was quite fresh and some of the russian tunes on the radio were quite awesome but man that game was horrible repetitive and why the fuck do I have to care about a girlfriend? If I wanted to play a dating sim I would play a decent weebo one, I bet they have tons of them way better and alot more entertaining. If I play gta I want to blow shit up and ignore all traffic rules. I loved gta san andreas but the next instalment in the series was a piece of crap. I tried to love it but I couldnt fucking do it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c2NEOJQgIEc

best song in the game, yeah its against germans, still love it

10. Z100000M

Actually, do enemies still flip flop after getting shot? It was really silly and stupid in gta4.

11. D.D.D. Destroyer

D.D.D. Destroyer Member Staff Member Moderator

Actually Mayama, it sounds like Saints Row is the perfect game for you.

12. -Mayama-

-Mayama- MANLY MAN BITCH

Yeah saints row 3/4 sounded very appealing.

I kinda found the setting hard to believe in gta4 about a war veteran that did horrible things and wants to forget about his past if you are going to kill left and right without a doubt. Well dont get me wrong a shellshocked soldier might act that way but giving the player choice about killing (some) people actually fucked the immersion for me. It felt like a joke why I should care about that one "virtual" life after killing so many innocent in previous missions.

...and fuck that dating sim part

edit:

Witcher series, deus ex revolution did a way better job at story telling and decissions than gta4

Last edited: Sep 19, 2013
  13. Freaknovich

Freaknovich Member

The whole reason why Niko came to LC is to find and kill the man responsible for setting him up in the old country and getting his friends killed. He was willing to to do whatever it took to find him, even if it meant killing a bunch of people in the process. Niko discloses this after he kills Vlad. He never came to LC to "settle down," though that is kind of what the first trailer seems to covey.

As for the "dating sim", you only have to go on two dates to proceed in the story line. One with Michelle early in the game, and one with Kate later on. It didn't really bother me since there is usually decent dialogue during the car ride and just driving around in the game was enjoyable so why not.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2013
  14. Freaknovich

Freaknovich Member

Ok so status update on GTA 5 here. I don't hate it, but I would not say it is better than 4 (at least so far). After accepting the removal of crouching and the broken driving, I proceeded with the story line. The missions are actually really good. One big improvement is that when you go to start a mission that the game wants to happen in a specific time of day, instead of forcing you to come back at whenever, it plays a cool little time lapse and you start the mission then. Also I like how that in Michael's case, you not forced to kill anyone (for now) in the missions cause he is supposed to be the one trying to settle down.

Last night, I did my first heist (jewellery-store) and decided to go slow and smart by using knock-out gas and hired the most skilled people for the job. I really liked the build up to the heist and it felt really rewarding at the end. Also enjoyed the mission in which Michael gets high on some whacky-tobaccy and trips out by shooting aliens with a chain-gun.

So missions are good. Driving still needs to be fixed. I'm not saying its needs to be exactly like in 4, but here it seems really stiff and the vehicles seem to lock into place to the centre of its mass after any sort of jump or jolt.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2013
  15. Z100000M

Are there any outstanding bugs? I really havent heard of any.

Fucking Rome 2 man.

16. Freaknovich

Freaknovich Member

I've run into two noticeable bugs. Both these were minor and did not affect game play but the first one was just plain hilarious. The first time I went to the barbershop, there was a scripted sequence where the hear dresser lady finishes up with a client and he is supposed to walk out of the shop. However, he got clipped inside the chair and was stuck in it as he was walking in place trying to free himself. He later teleported out of the chair and then the hair dresser used her magical scissors to grow me a nice beard. :cool: The second one was just a nearby train disappearing.

17. complete_

complete_ lamer

my favorite bug in gta4 is when you get in a car and hit a hydrant and you get transported 200 feet up in the air (not the swing glitch)

18. Z100000M

My favourite bug in gta4 is when it randomly crashes when you are about to end a mission.

19. D.D.D. Destroyer

D.D.D. Destroyer Member Staff Member Moderator

I second complete on this one, it was so memorable that I kept trying to do it in Saints Row 3.

20. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

I absolutely love Heist/Caper films. I literally cannot get enough of them. I've watched almost every single one I can possibly find.

After Payday 2, the idea of having another game that's based around heists is quite frankly the greatest thing that could happen to gaming for me in a long time. I can't remember the last single player game I was this hyped over that wasn't Ace Combat. My copy arrives tomorrow.

I am stoked as fuck.