Gameplay No Maps, Worlds :)

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by SGT. MIKE, Jun 24, 2006.

1. SGT. MIKE

SGT. MIKE <blink>BANNED</blink>

:D i LOVE LONG GAMES. I WISH WE COULD MAKE A HUGE MAP LIKE HALF LIFE 2 OR GRAND THEFT AUTO.

ITS SO BIG THAT YOU HAVE TO LOAD THE MAP AFTER YOU GO A CERTAIN DISTANCE LIKE THE MAP IS IN 1/4TH'S AND ANYWHO THE MAP CHANGES SO MUCH LIKE THERE ARE MANY DIFFERENT TERRAINS ON THE LAND.

AND YOU CAN MAKE TANKS AND USE REAL TACHTICS TO WIN. BUT SENCE THIS MAP WOULD BE HUGE YOU WOULDNT NEED TO HAVE A SERVER OF LIKE 200 SLOTS IN IT I WOULDNT CALL THIS A MAP MORE LIKE A WORLD

ALTHOUGH THIS MAY SOUND INPOSSIBLE FOR EMPIRES MAYBE THERE CAN BE A MINI MOD FOR THIS?
    I WISH MAPS FOR THIS SIZE COULD LAST LIKE DAYS AND THE MAPS SO BIG YOU CANT RUSH
    AND IT DOESNT GET BOREING BECAUSE IT CHANGES TERRAINS AND THEMES

I CAN DRAW A SKETCH IF THIS IDEA VEN GOES THAT FAR

BUT IT PROBLY WILL BE SHOT DOWN INSTANTLY :(

>LAG ISSUES MAYBE IT LOADS SO MUCH OF MAP TO WHAT LOCATIOPN YOU ARE AT

PLASE PLAY AROUND WITH THE IDEA

2. dizzyone

dizzyone I've been drinking, heavily

yes please, draw a sketch

3. SGT. MIKE

ill try but it will be in paint and it may take till laiter today to tomarrow :)

4. Sunny

Sunny Member

ouch, i'm not pretending to be maddox or anything, but caps? could yo miss out that caps lock key next time please?

5. SGT. MIKE

or ummm i can draw it in my archatec construction software :) but ill only do that if i get more ppl to say they like the idea cause i dont want to waiste my time but ill do paint meanwhile to show my idea

Sorry about caps :( i relized half way through and i was too lazy to redo it and thought it would look weired if i stoped caps half way though

Last edited: Jun 28, 2006
  6. Sunny

Sunny Member

Hehe, thats ok, would it not take you a long time to do it on the software? I agree, i would probably wait for that, but if you paint it we could all have a look.

- Sunny

7. Carrigage

Carrigage Member

I like your Rank; Emp_Recruit for life :D

8. SGT. MIKE

ty, at first i thought it was bad but i appreciate haveing a custom rank as you know not many people do.
    I have started the paint program and have finished BE Base it will be done soon like maybe another hour or i may gfet stuck on something please say stuff you would want in a map so i can edit it in so its like everyones map :) also ill start that softwear if a mapper approches me or something and says hes interested because i cant map although i have he software
    P.S. have respect for the mappers MAPING IS HARD !

9. SGT. MIKE

im thinking i should start BE in a actual prebuild empire and make NF start in a newly captured Old BE Town think this will upset the balance?

10. dumpster_fox

dumpster_fox Member

Only if you give the Brenodi more defensive options than the Northerners. Just try to make it as balanced as you can, then post it, and we'll do what we're supposed to do: critique it.

11. SGT. MIKE

12. Carrigage

Carrigage Member

Put the cover back on that god damn computer before you overheat it...

Edit: Btw. I hope its not a speaker of some sort on top of your computer, seeing as they've got big magnets in them..

Magnets + Harddrives = Bad

13. SGT. MIKE

shit seriosuly that will over heat it, crap its been off for like 8 days

EDIT: I love how u missed the weed poster and the beer football helmet thing hah.
    EDIT AGAIN: yes its a bass speaker
    on computer management topic i cleaned my cpu fan with a skrew driver haha i fryd my comp but it came bac kto life with a new hard drive lol

Last edited: Jun 24, 2006
  14. dumpster_fox

dumpster_fox Member

...Ohhhh. So you're not some little kid, you're a pot head.

By the way, you want to use the copy-paste field for forums, not for websites.

15. SGT. MIKE

how do i resize my paint pics tere too big im not a pot head someone baught it for me and i put hawaiian things on it GAWD and the beer thing i baught it because i had 20 dollers the beer thing cost 20 dollers and i am not good with money so i baught it used it once for a jacuzze and 1 time with a party but i looked like a idiot so its banished to just being on the tv :(

16. dumpster_fox

dumpster_fox Member

When you go to upload the image onto ImageShack, there's a little option that lets you resize it below the part where you choose the image to upload. It recommends 640x480 for message boards, so go with that.

17. SGT. MIKE

The file you attempted to upload is 1787 kilobytes.

Please use a third party resize tool such as the Microsoft Image Resizer to resize the file so that it is less than 1500 kilobytes.

i downloaded it but it doesnt work : (
    [img=http://img208.imageshack.us/img208/7447/behq2iu.th.png]
    BE BASE

[img=http://img61.imageshack.us/img61/7807/belowbehq0tw.th.png]
    Below BE BAse this wont be used but i dont know what to do for it so i just drew this

[img=http://img47.imageshack.us/img47/4257/nfhq0by.th.png]
    NF BASE
    [img=http://img240.imageshack.us/img240/1630/rightofbehq4pp.th.png]
    RIGHT OF BE BASE ABOVE NF BASE

EDIT: THIS SUCKS DONT WORRY IT WONT LOOK LIKE THIS I JUST TRIED TO SHOW U THAT THIS WIL BE 4X bigger then any map
    also high skybox for planes hopfully they create boats then we can connect river an lake to BE na d NF and have navy airforce and tank and infantry ,,,boss!! BTW that is a water fall by the BE Base

hopefully i didnt lose you guys on these shitty paint drawings :( but i have good ideas in my head i cant get them out though cause i dont have enough insperation to spend my time doing this please some mappers say if its even possible to make a map like this

Last edited: Jun 24, 2006
  18. dizzyone

dizzyone I've been drinking, heavily

lol nice waterfall

19. SGT. MIKE

20. Carrigage

Carrigage Member

Well yes it'll overheat it, cause the fan blows air that circulates inside the computer because of the cover, if you remove it, the air blows directly out and the computer may overheat.

Edit: And oh yeah, nice pictures, lol