Frontline Training

Discussion in 'Clans' started by Trid3nt, Sep 17, 2006.

1. knighttemplar

knighttemplar Member

I'm still wearing my |Trainzo0rs| tag, and trying to help newbies who join the game. There's not as much hostility towards newbs anymore i feel, though it still exists. If anyone wants to join me in helping newbs, put on the trainzo0s tag. I don't think we need to go above the level we're at now. The problem with frontline training was that it went too big, too soon, that and it was tied to a clan. This doesn't need to be an institution, it needs to be a way of playing the game, where you help your teammates learn through instruction, not insults.

2. KILLX

KILLX Banned

Well, l talked to JJ45 on MSN, and he gave me some information for this sort of thing. Unless anyone else is going to or has plans for it, I'm going to give this a good home of its own on my site. Its own independent forums and site. If anyone would step up to help lead, that would be appreciated, I definitely don't have the leadership skills to lead this, but perhaps to help with it. For anyone interested, heres the suggestions I got from JJ45:

Its slightly edited, to remove all the chat stamps, and the unimportant things.

3. Sonata Arctica

Sonata Arctica Member

We need [Emp-Helpers]

:D

4. KILLX

KILLX Banned

Or EFN (empires for noobs)

5. Shinzon

Shinzon Member

I will help train any nubs

I think an [Instructor] Tag is best

6. KILLX

KILLX Banned

Too long. Perhaps once its all set up, we agree on a tag that for the auctual training program, along the lines Empires Training. Then trainees get a Trainee tag, and trainers get a trainer tag. Anyone merely assisting in the learning process could have a Helper tag. I was thinking something like this:

[IET] - Institute of Empires Training
    (Before Name)

[TR] - Trainer - Part of the program, regularly helps with scheduled tutoring
    [TE] - Trainee
    [HE] - Helper
    (After Name)

Any suggestions, please post. I never have been good with naming and tags. Once their agreed on, I could make ones from special characters for anyone that wants the different look to the tag(s)

7. arklansman

arklansman Member

If it's a 2-3 letter tag, then they won't know what it is.

8. KILLX

KILLX Banned

Well we cant use full length words, unless someone knows a small word with the same meaning. If we use full length words our names will be too long, and to some players, they just don't like that. Perhaps then: Institute of Empires Training [IET], [Tutor], [Tutee], and [Help]? They need to be short, huge tags are unappealing, and personally, if I have to wear a tag that reads:
    [Empires Training]KILLX[Trainer], I'll just drop the tag or quit. Those length tags just tick me off, I have no idea why.

9. knighttemplar

knighttemplar Member

My name is currently 27 characters, I think it will be fine. I still think you're institutionalizing this too much, I don't think many newbs are going to join any program. I'll gladly change my tag to Instructor. I think a short tag will make people think we're in a clan, a long tag will separate us from that, make us look more authoritative.

The Point here is to be different, so that newbs know that we're here to help them, not enlist them.

10. KILLX

KILLX Banned

OK, then, long explanative tags.

Trainer = [Trainer]
    Trainee = [Trainee] (makes it easier to find the people were training)
    Helper = [Helper]

11. Simon

Simon Banned

I'll do my part, I'm going to change my name to [RTFM]simon. zing

12. KILLX

KILLX Banned

RTFM? What does that mean?

13. arklansman

arklansman Member

Read the fucking manual.
    Even the nubs should know that one.

14. KILLX

KILLX Banned

I thought he meant as a tag for the training thing. I didn't think it would refer to that for the tag.
    Thats is not a good tag for helping, that will scare the noobs away.

15. MOOtant

MOOtant Member

Killx: complete bullshit. Empires isn't CS. You can't just learn it in 30 seconds without reading manual or anything. So to make things simple everybody should read wiki/manual.

16. KILLX

KILLX Banned

WTF? Where the hell did you get that? Were talking about tags...

17. knighttemplar

knighttemplar Member

Indeed Mootant, everyone should read the manual. This shouldn't replace the manual, it should complement it. It would be really hard to make all newbs read the manual though, even if it is updated.

18. MOOtant

MOOtant Member

I was talking about "Thats is not a good tag for helping, that will scare the noobs away."

19. KILLX

KILLX Banned

A tag that means "Read The F***ing Manual" for a training community, how very encouraging...

20. Cyber(Gunner_Yeyz)

Cyber(Gunner_Yeyz) Member

I would rather be rude to them and tell them to read the manual than to let them run around like a headless chicken for hours on end getting hate messages for them doing something stupid.