Frontline Training

Discussion in 'Clans' started by Trid3nt, Sep 17, 2006.

1. Trid3nt

Trid3nt Member

FB, as a few people know, has set up a Training program, for new Empires Players. As the new leader of FT, I believe that we do not have enough people to make this realistic. So I'm just posting to ask if anyone wants to help out getting a stonger playerbase for empires.

Joining FT does not mean you have to join FB, although joining the forums is a must.

So if you do not mind giving about an hour a week (maybe less) towards making empires a better game, then please check out
    http://s15.invisionfree.com/FB_Clan_Forums/index.php?c=5

2. 3VIL dUd3

3VIL dUd3 Member

This is the most stupid ide ever....

3. Thor

Thor Member

I have to agree with evil dude for once... =P

4. MOOtant

MOOtant Member

Maybe I wouldn't call it most stupid idea ever but I'd try to make a noob only server when some people would explain the game instead of "RTFM NOOB!" as I usually do.

5. Dubee

Dubee Grapehead

i think its a good idea,, just good luck with that,, seems like it will only help the community,, i dont see why ppl are complaining

6. Cyber(Gunner_Yeyz)

Cyber(Gunner_Yeyz) Member

You need to join the forums? Most people don't get on the forums unless they like this game... I have been playing for a while (1.0!!!) and I just joined the forums. Why so long? I don't know.

7. MOOtant

MOOtant Member

I think that we'll allow posting by guests in that area. As I said it'd be good to announce it on forum and hold something like a noob teaching server.

8. knighttemplar

knighttemplar Member

I'd really love to help teach noobs how to play the game, some technique and all of that. Whatever capacity I can do that in, is great. I've been thinking that some sort of training program be set up. I'm concerned that the proposed option isn't ideal, and I'll think about it some more.

That being said, I'm cautious about walking into the deathtrap that is the FB - BSID feud. I like Empires enough to devote my time to making a better player-base, because I know that it's a huge help to noobs if they get a handle on the game. I would hate for this to be a partisan battle, especially over something as positive as a training program (Although I do understand the inplications of political pedagogy).

The Official looks pretty dead right now, and I haven't seen it active for a while. Maybe it would be better if we did a community training program there? I just want to make this as workable as possible in the grand context of things. I'll send you a pm or something Trident

oh and evil dude, way to go

9. mr_quackums

mr_quackums Member

i think its a great idea. even better than a training map (but that would still be nice)

10. Trid3nt

Trid3nt Member

This should not be directly affiliated with FB, anyone can join, even BSID, provided theyre not an asshat.

Also, we're moving towards a new forum, so things might hold up for a bit

11. Dubee

Dubee Grapehead

how are you planning on letting noobs know?

12. Slithzerikai

Slithzerikai I for one am glad the NF SMG 3 is gone

I'm there if you need an ingame ballistics teacher.

Despite being not part of Frontline Brothers.

13. tkeracer619

tkeracer619 Member

Thank you for the community support in our project!! I have been training 2 people so far. One of them has picked up some pretty good skills, considering he was a total hl 1st person shooter noob and is almost as deadly as me.

This is still early on in the project but with time we will get the bugs worked out.

14. tkeracer619

tkeracer619 Member

I have had a few ideas on the subject:

-Bind a message so that when you see an emp recruit join you get his attention and tell him about it.

-Try to bling it on manimod every once in a while.

-The forums

-The server list

-Community Involvement

-Maybe some official support

-Any other available resource ~ suggestions?

15. Trid3nt

Trid3nt Member

A suggestion when you install?

16. 3VIL dUd3

3VIL dUd3 Member

Yeah, you do know it where a joke ? And i asked to get trained in fallowing jjs orders.....

17. Edggedg

Edggedg Member

I think players should find out how to get good on their own, People don't need to get trained to be good at a game they just need to read the instructions.

18. MOOtant

MOOtant Member

If they don't leave the game after playing 1st time: yes. Server where noobs are treated kindly (if someone whines then ban him) would be useful. If I were a complete noob and I want to learn something I'd just play a lot not try to find "teachers" or anything.

19. Shinzon

Shinzon Member

Seems like a good idea; though it would seem that it would only work on potential recruits...

Even so, I still like it and I volunteer myself for this program...

20. mr_quackums

mr_quackums Member

all this game needs to increase emp_recruit retention and lower emp_recruit noobness is a very simple, very short guide on every MOTD. something like this:

Starting tips: (for more detailed information, check out www.empiresmod.com/forums or http://www.empiresmod.info/index.php/Main_Page )

Engineers: builds structures, places defensive structures, and gives ammo and health to teammates (recommended for beginners).
    Rifleman: use to kill infantry.
    Grenadiers: use to destroy tanks and buildings.
    Scout: reconnaissance (advanced players only).

Be sure to ask for advice before building 1st tank.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2006