for the TTF2 players out here:

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Tovarich Cookie, May 25, 2009.

1. Beerdude26

Beerdude26 OnThink(){ IsDownYet(); }

I'm chilling together with avair, nothing interesting yet though :(

2. Brutos

Brutos Administrator Staff Member Moderator

They broke that shit game again. What good did the retarded Milestones bring? Full servers just with Spies and Snipers, Fucking Great. I hate you valve. People are dumb and retarded why does even listen to the "community", they had a good idea it kinda worked, but that dumbfucked small minority that was whining won. Now everyone lost.

3. Metal Smith

Metal Smith Member

heh.

I liked it. I got all my sniper weapons as soon as I died when I joined the server.

Made me look twice when I unlocked 4 achievements and 5 weapons just for dying, but whatever.

4. Alceister

Alceister Member

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vk2hbsfW5WQ

5. John Shandy`

John Shandy` Member

I have TF2, but only installed it once (temporarily) and never actually launched or played it. I did however play TFC & Fortress Forever.

Anyway, perhaps this may be of interest... seems to be related to what you're all talking about. A guy at our Reborn Gamers community named Dante posted a thread titled "TF2 Fake Idle Server": http://forums.borgamers.com/showthread.php?t=4896

(Btw, let it be known that I only read page 1 of this thread... I don't know what I am doing right now... I'm pretty tired.)

6. Jessiah

Jessiah Member

If you're gonna be cheap you may as well use an achievement unlocker to get the milestones.

7. Sandbag

Sandbag Member

I for one, occasionally bored with the normal gameplay, love it when all the classes get mixed up and the balance totally changes. it's not about the win, it's about the lols!

have I already said this? i'm getting deja vous.

8. The Buttery Lobster

The Buttery Lobster Drama Queen.

9. rampantandroid

rampantandroid Member

Thank fucking god they finally put it back. Random hats I can live with at least. I hate the bow though, it's hitbox detection is far too lenient.

10. rampantandroid

rampantandroid Member

FFS. Valve god damn sucks: So, now achievements/milestones "work" again, right? WRONG! Already hit a milestone? You don't get the matching unlock. I swear to god, Valve should just stop releasing updates.

11. Sandbag

Sandbag Member

yeah i heard of people dying and getting 5 unlocks at the same time.

12. rampantandroid

rampantandroid Member

Not me...never got mine. Still need the dead ringer, ambassador and jarate. What a damned mess.

13. Jessiah

Jessiah Member

Achievement unlocker on milestones.

14. rampantandroid

rampantandroid Member

Meh, I got steam stats...still no hats though. Oh well...the surge of Spies and Snipers seems to be dying down (finally)

15. Jessiah

Jessiah Member

Had an awesome spie match. Entire team of 20 had cloak and dagger. We all hid with our revolver/ambassador ready, picked a target, and opened fire at once.Was lol.

16. Headshotmaster

Headshotmaster Member

Grinding is spening hours, days, even weeks to get following certain events, killing certain things, earning certain whatever to achieve a particular thing.

IE, you grind for days by killing monsters to get gold to buy items to combine said items into a key thats used to open a door where you kill more monsters to get superior gear that you'll trade for different gear.

That's a grind.

TF2?

Get in game, play normally, get weapons. Sure there might be duplicates but so the fuck what? You still didn't have anything to focus on in order to get them.

You sir need only to play any single MMO in order to know what a grind is. In eve online, I grinded missions for 15 days in order to get a battleship(it cost me 50 mil and I was only making 10-50k at a time) Thats a grind.

In TF2 I played with my buddies for 2-3 hours on a server and I got the second scout shotgun. That was hardly what I considered a grind.

If you hate to 'grind' so much, then do the milestones.

17. BitterJesus

BitterJesus Member

Use Teh Achieeeeevment Unlocker

18. Dr. Rockso

Dr. Rockso Member

Tf2 kind of pisses me off. I LOVED original team fortress. I considered soldier vs soldier or demo vs demo combat to be the height of FPS skill. A good soldier or demo was fucking elite. Oh you play other classes with perfect aim and timing and bunnyhop like a cheeta on crack? Well we do that shit while FLYING THROUGH THE AIR, BITCH!

I log on to tf2 and go to juggle some guy and I cant because he fucking died to my first hit that crited on him. Thats disapointing. Oh well maybe he will come back and we can fight again, its been 15 seconds since he died he should be here short-oh wait, no bunnyhop. He's still in his ramproom.
    Hmm that sniper shot me, me, a soldier. What the fuck was he thinking? Well I guess I'll go ahead and hold a nade so it goes off while I rj off wall over midwater and fly up to his deck and shotgun him in the face until he ragequits.
    Oh, no grenades. He shot me again. Guess I'll go camp his deck with my rediculous splash damage.

And dont even get me started on how annoying it is to be a demo that CAN reasonably fly around but has no hitscan weapon to use while out of gl range. Fuck thats stupid.

19. SirSnipes

SirSnipes Member

i love tf2, and nades infuriated me in the origional

20. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

i loved the concussion (was it called that?) grenade or something, you could trow it and it would mess up the players view and they would see explosions and enemies everywhere when they weren't really there