Fallout 4

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by SeƱor_Awesome, Jun 3, 2015.

?

How long till it actually hits shelves

1. This holiday season

26.7%
  2. Next summer

6.7%
  3. Next holiday season

13.3%
  4. Right after the nuclear apocalypse

53.3%
  1. Candles

Candles CAPTAIN CANDLES, DUN DUN DUN, DUN DUN DUN DUN.

Fallen Earth was one of my favorite games ever, but it was too clunky and bug-ridden. In my opinion, it still has one of the best progression and crafting systems ever in a game.

2. Lazybum

Lazybum :D Staff Member Moderator

A lot of the other stuff seems cool, but this is poop. I don't get why people say "oh man borderlands has like a million guns" when it really has a few. Sure the stats are different, but 98% of the time the stats are crap so the gun is crap so there was no reason to be bothered with it beyond fueling a ingame economy, not to mention the guns just scale up along with the difficulty. The net effect being the game barely changes between level 5 and level 50 when it comes to the gun game.

If you mean more of a stalker type of deal where you can upgrade guns to handle the way you want it that's cool, but if it's just stats with the retarded +1% to dps crap you can keep it.

3. ImSpartacus

ImSpartacus nerf spec plz

They said 50 weapons and like 700 attachments, so I call that borderlands-esque, but not only for that reason.

More importantly, it looks like they made a robust weapon upgrade system from the demo. That's important because it allows some really neat things in modding. Borderlands has a similarly robust system that will let you do some truly ridiculous things, but it all still works visually, more or less.

Details are sparse, so I can't speculate too much. We'll see what happens.

4. Lazybum

What upgrade system in borderlands? All I ever saw was buy better guns, unless it was one of those dlc deals which is pretty dumb. I'm just saying that that moving little things around by tiny percentage points is like fiddling with empire scripts as you should know, shit's insignificant til you hit a breaking point. Difference here is the enemies scale up with your weapons, so the breaking point of "holy shit this is op" is harder to reach thus upgrades can feel pointless til you accumulate enough to do it all at once, at which point I wonder why they it works like that in the first place.

Please note I haven't actually watched any vids, I kinda don't want to be spoiled/disappointed when it does come out and meets none of it's promises or changes so it pretty much sucks/is useless.

5. Grantrithor

Grantrithor Member

Who cares about Fallout; FF7 Remake just announced. Bhudda bless.

6. ImSpartacus

Yeah, but Borderlands had the infrastructure to do upgrades if they wanted to.

Based on this clip, it looks like they probably did something like that.

Again, it doesn't really matter how they accomplish it if you just care about the base game. But the weapon/armor upgrade mods are going to be pretty sick.

Also, muh iron man.

7. Lazybum

Oh, you should have said it has an upgrade system like payday 2, because it's pretty much the same thing except it uses random parts instead of random prizes which makes it way better than payday2. I'm actually surprised you didn't think of payday 2 first.

8. ImSpartacus

Yeah, you got me.

I think it was that animation of them cycling through a million weapon iterations. I think there's something like that from Borderlands promo material somewhere. Idk, I'm probably talking out of my ass.

Also

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 16, 2015
  9. McGyver

McGyver Experimental Pedagogue

Fuck yeah!

10. w00kie

w00kie Mustachioed Mexican