Fallout 4

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Señor_Awesome, Jun 3, 2015.

?

How long till it actually hits shelves

1. This holiday season

26.7%
  2. Next summer

6.7%
  3. Next holiday season

13.3%
  4. Right after the nuclear apocalypse

53.3%
  1. Ikalx

Ikalx Member

I guess I should finish Fallout 3 finally, then :p

To be honest, the biggest problem I've had with the more recent Bethesda games is that in transition from the oldskool style whackamole (like morrowind), the combat still doesn't feel as smooth as it should, like a more regular fps would. I know it's not the same thing exactly, but I'm hoping they'll get to a better point. It always felt pretty clunky to me in Fallout 3 and Skyrim.

The tone of the trailer felt, to me, like they'd have a more interesting storyline though.

2. Metruption

Metruption Member

the dog animation in the trailer wasn't as good as I'd have expected it to be. the only game that really has a non-hivemind justice system is dwarf fortress

3. -MEG- hobbes

-MEG- hobbes Member

yeah what's with the dogs? a few years ago it was the dog in COD that they were parading to show off the beauty of the upcoming shooting shit game. If market research shows such an intense interest in life-like graphically rich dogs why not give in and make a rin tin tin or lassi game?

4. complete_

complete_ lamer

dogs are a male's best friend

5. Space_Oddity

Space_Oddity The Shitstorm

Gonna preorder it and fuck about but wait for the save mods (like CASM) and lighting defuckers (like Fellout) and all-important realistic headshot and accuracy mods to come out before I do any of the missions.

6. Z100000M

Z100000M Vithered Weteran

Then you might as well not bother and wait for the "gold" edition instead.
    Or at least a sale.

7. ImSpartacus

ImSpartacus nerf spec plz

$5 GOTY edition or bust!

[​IMG]

8. Space_Oddity

Space_Oddity The Shitstorm

I get enough hours out of these games and earn more than enough to pay full price for the game and DLC.

When the £3.75 GOTY edition comes out I'll probably be buying it for other people.

9. Lazybum

Lazybum :D Staff Member Moderator

I didn't think melee was that bad in fallout:nv, though that might be because I was making extensive use of the vats system or things were actually dying in like 3 hits. Such a fun system.

10. Ikalx

Ikalx Member

New Vegas is one I haven't gotten to play...as, well, I haven't finished Fallout 3 yet :P

11. Señor_Awesome

Señor_Awesome Member

Actually, Amazon does that when they don't have a release date but they are guessing on what year it will release. I know this because I pre-ordered both the legend of zelda wii u game and the xenoblade chronicles x game a year or so ago and the release dates showed up as Dec. 31st, 2015.

Zelda is now Dec. 31st, 2016 for example

I'm sure this game will ship as a huge bugfest, just like any other Bethesda title - probably in order to meet some critical deadline in the pursuit of money.

12. f1r3w4rr10r

f1r3w4rr10r Modeler

I am almost tempted to wait until mods like Wanderer's Edition or Project Nevada come out for it.

13. ImSpartacus

Some people are just really hardcore.

[youtube]ModI6ruq73Q[/youtube]

Last edited: Jun 7, 2015
  14. Señor_Awesome

Señor_Awesome Member

They just announced November 10th release this year. I'm skeptical, but that would be cool.

15. ImSpartacus

Oh God, it's coming out on 11/10/15.

It's going to be a huge jump based on the e3 demo.

Ridiculous Borderlands-esque amounts of gun permutations, but you get to customize them manually.

You can design entire settlements Sims-style. Defend then from raiders and connect trading routes.

Jet packs and stupidly customizable armor with per-limb customizations & per-limb armor damage.

Vats seems to have bullet time elements now; the game never "stops" and goes into a menu.

In general, everything seems to happen in-game whether it's pip boy interaction, crafting, vats, customizing character face or building settlements.

Pip boy android & ios companion app. Supposedly it's the exact same pip boy experience as the in game version.

The collectors edition comes with an actual pip boy that can hold your phone (shown with iPhone).

There's an unrelated free to play iPhone app called fallout shelter where you are a vault overseer. Described as a mix between Sim city, ftl and xcom. Coming out tonight.

I just can't even

16. D.D.D. Destroyer

D.D.D. Destroyer Member Staff Member Moderator

Hype threads are so unpleasant when you're not hyped.

17. PredatoR[HUN]

PredatoR[HUN] Member

I wasn't originally hyped but I think I'm giving in.

It seems finally they implement a crafting system that's not half assed.
    And the shelter thing is like FINALLY. I remember back before I played fallout 3 I though it already had something like that for some reason but I was dissapointed.

Now if they could take this concept and make an mmo-sandbox type of game out of fallout where players can pretty much do whatever they want that would be so fucking awesome. Like a group of players could make a clan type of thing and create a settlement, raid other settlements, go on quest to recover tech. etc. I would pay anything for that.

Also FUCKING JETPACKS YES.

18. Z100000M

Z100000M Vithered Weteran

The new UI looks like shit.

19. Señor_Awesome

Señor_Awesome Member

That sounds amazing.

20. f1r3w4rr10r

f1r3w4rr10r Modeler

Have you ever heard of Fallen Earth?