Falling Titans

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by BigTeef, Aug 20, 2013.

1. BigTeef

BigTeef Bootleg Headshot master

Each player is somebody with a rank, and I am assuming you can give orders to the AI which are the soldiers and it works with moba mechanics except it's a frist person shooter and it doesn't do the whole level thing inside of matches just what you bring before hand.

We did see a take and hold gametype and that does work well with in mobas, but I am just speculating on this.
    I want to get my hands on it before I decide to light it on fire or not, just a few months now.

2. McGyver

McGyver Experimental Pedagogue

I hope they put warnings on the game box for people with pace makers...

3. BigTeef

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6V7mtzAZHQg
    What we want from Titan Fall

I want from titan fall is two extra players creating a symmetrical 8.
    Having 8 players each team would be better because you can create a squad system.

Having 4 players in two different squads would make coordinating better than 6.

What I really want is how diverse you can make your mech, I like the agile ones especially because I like going fast and hitting and running into cover is the best way to piss people off and surprise them.

4. ImSpartacus

ImSpartacus nerf spec plz

There are enough AI for every player to lead 3 AI for clean 4-man squads. That seems reasonable for me.

5. Lazybum

Lazybum :D Staff Member Moderator

You know after playing bf4 match recently I honestly doubt many people would notice the difference, in regards to low player count and a lot of ai. Seriously, its always like a quarter of the players really getting things done and everyone else being cannon fodder or a sniper. I do wonder if ai will be equal to players or they gonna have reduced health/damage. I hope it's equal.

I agree with teef, customizable mechs would be super neat.

6. ImSpartacus

ImSpartacus nerf spec plz

7. BigTeef

So there are some leaks on daily motion.

http://www.pcgamer.com/uk/2014/01/2...around-for-long/?utm_source=fb&utm_medium=emp

These people are retarded they blur the kills on the side but not the ones in the middle of the screen.

So when I was speculating, I was somewhat correct.
    The players are known as the pilots and the rest of team are a mix and match of AI and they have their own special units and types such as spectres, grunts, and sentries.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2014
  8. Z100000M

Z100000M Vithered Weteran

Those textures looked horrible at times.

9. BigTeef

This is a console version leak.
    At-least I hope it is.

10. Lazybum

Lazybum :D Staff Member Moderator

Looks super neat. I really do like how fast those mechs move.

11. Z100000M

Also, it seems the game really goes into full "Super sergeant master sergeant color sergant 2001" syndrome. The PROMOTIONS style texts is awefully flashy and takes way too much screen.

Also the gui dude was annoying as all hell. And thats coming from a person accustomed to real people naggin you on their mics to do their bidding all the time.

12. BigTeef

Cortana dident bother me as much as the giant text in the middle of the screen.
    But if they are going to add AI to the game and fill up space, there needs to be more of them.

13. BigTeef

Updates on why those textures look like complete ass.

I got info from the Two best friends Zaibatsu and they did a podcast and discussed Titan fall.

To accommodate download sizes to get the alphas out, the textures are 1 quarter of their size to lower file-sizes.

http://superbestfriendcast.com/
    Skip to 40:00

14. JustGoFly

JustGoFly Member

March 11th is when they said it would be released. I'm definitely in on this one. Vids were awesome, but they said 60 fps is used to make it look smooth, so it might require some new hardware with kick ass video board. Time to switch from Laptop to PC.

I love the "minute to learn, lifetime to master". Hopefully you don't have to buy things to increase your players ability like some other games. Empires should be "Lifetime to learn, Minute to think you have mastered it".

15. Z100000M

Lifetime to master?

Its an FPS, not Go.

16. BigTeef

Updates!
    Titanfall beta is coming to PC, may start February 14th

http://www.pcgamer.com/2014/01/28/titanfall-beta-is-coming-to-pc-more-details-soon/

17. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

It looks like CoD with mechs and a bit more manoeuvrability. I'm relatively ok with that because I actually enjoyed CoD online for a while, at least with CoD4, MW2 and Black Ops 1. But I don't really see it as the revolutionary game you guys do. It looks cool sure, but the gameplay is still basically Call of Duty. As I said, I'm ok with that, but are you?

18. BigTeef

I want to get my hands on it so I can shit all over it, im not sure about everyone else.

Also because this would look more interesting in esports than Cod seeing this requires more than twitch moves, and map memorization.

19. Z100000M

So you are willing to support and pay for shite, jsut because you want to get angry at it?

Also, fuck e sports. Particulary the fps side of things, maybe barring quake.

20. BigTeef

I am glad you know so much about a video game you never played and writing it off because it didn't cater to you.

It looks like shit because its not finished, you judge final products in their complete form.
    A open beta is coming up and you can make your judgements then, until then the "shit" argument is void.

People who buy unfinished games should only do it to support developers not to look for a fun experience.
    It's also developers duties to fucking make sure the basic mechanics work before releasing it to people.

I sit on games before I buy them and im sorry some people are too loose with their money to do the same, and if they have bad experiences from things it's their own fault.
    So this cynical behavior towards games has been induced from your lacking of past self restraint.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2014