Empires World Map suggestion.

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Chahk, Aug 3, 2007.

1. Slithzerikai

Slithzerikai I for one am glad the NF SMG 3 is gone

I'm afraid I'm not on enough to manage a clan though, maybe I should give off the concept to someone who does play and wants to make it into something, and I'll join.

2. KILLX

KILLX Banned

slith, if you want I can help out. JJ45 seems fine with Brueckner, and all I want to really do is help get clans going so we can get moar moar moar

3. Shinzon

Shinzon Member

[​IMG]

More or less the final version of the league map :D

4. Beerdude26

Beerdude26 OnThink(){ IsDownYet(); }

Last city? Eww....

5. arklansman

arklansman Member

Someone agrees with me here. :D

6. Evan

Evan League Commissioner

Shinzon, we might be changing up some of the maps and map locations. However, the background is pretty near final. Awesome work on it. Looks sexy

7. knighttemplar

knighttemplar Member

I think non-official maps should undergo some more scrutany. I've never played Oasis or Railroad, but I know that I didn't like Lost City as much as I liked the other city maps. Could we maybe have those areas off limits for now, until we get some other maps or those undergo some final revisions?

I know Comm maps are preferred, but I think it's best to stick with Official maps at this point.

8. Evan

Evan League Commissioner

Yeah. We'll grey 2 territories out for now and have 10 maps.

Are there any other good custom classic maps that should be considered for league play? Any near done? Are Stu's finished? He had some good ones.

9. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

green is really really sandwitched on that map... red can only attack blue across one front, while green is totally surrounded. also, red and blue have one "stronghold" map that they know can't be attacked until they loose another map... while green doesn't. green could loose any map at any time. and will probably be fighting twice as much as red and blue.

If i could change it I would make it so that at maximum, each territory only links to two other territories. that way, you can tell which direction the game is going, instead of everyone being able to attack anywhere...

in the end, every map will be played, so why make it so easy to attack everything?

10. arklansman

arklansman Member

Don't worry Sandy, it's being reworked. No more lastcity or railroad. As it is now the number of territories will be based on the number of clans.

11. Evan

Evan League Commissioner

Those colors are just on the map Shinzon made. They represent a 3-clan battle. However, territories will be randomly assigned at the beginning of the season. And there may be more than 3 clans. So those colors don't mean anything.

Additionally, it looks like 2 territories will be greyed out for this season. So, those 2 geographic links won't be there.

12. cpugeek

cpugeek Member

I think that the unofficial maps should be taken out. I think that it would be fine to repeat some maps for different areas, as long as they are far from each other on the continent. I would love to see a bigger, more detailed map eventually.

Also, I'm not sure if this has been mentioned, but each clan should have an "army marker" that they can move to only one territory each week. This way, they won't necessarily be attacking every week. I would love to see other little tweaks to the "overworld" gameplay. An example would be, if you have your army marker in the territory thats being attacked by another clan, you could have extra clanmembers playing during the match.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2007
  13. Evan

Evan League Commissioner

Please check out http://league.empiresmod.com so see how gameplay will work over the course of the season. The participating clans will be assigned an order. One clan will get to attack per week.

Why do you think the unofficial maps should be taken out? They most likely will be but I want to know your answer. I am strongly against repeating a map in two locations on the gameboard. Having it only be there once gives it a geographic identity.

14. cpugeek

cpugeek Member

The official maps that are currently in Empires have been played and tested for many months and/or years and are much more polished than any unofficial ones. I imagine that if they were more polished, than krenzo would have made them an official map by now. You don't want to be playing clan matches on maps that haven't been thoroughly tested before.

15. Evan

Evan League Commissioner

But we do want more maps than are currently in the official map list :D

I think this is a null topic though, as we're going to stick almost entirely with official maps

16. Broccoli

Broccoli Member

Am I being an idiot, or is glycen city missing from that map? Replace railroad with glycen, and you only have 1 gap left to fill.

Also, I don't think territories should be assigned randomly. It should be up to the clans to decide whether they want to spread themselves thin (increasing the number of territories available to them) or bunch together like you have them (to secure a certain area). On such a small map it doesn't make much difference, but if there were more territories involved we could see strategic opportunities opening up.

17. arklansman

arklansman Member

This is only for command maps.

18. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

I don't see why maps like district arn't included....

19. Caelo

Caelo Member

Because they are infantry maps and thats not what the league wants..
    They want All Out Base Building Clan Warfare ;)

20. Evan

Evan League Commissioner

On non-classic maps, strategy is reduced. If someone ninjas your VF you cant ask your comm to build another one. We want to play the game the way it was intended to be played.