Empires Summer Scrim League Game 2 - 20th June 21:00 BST/ 16:00 EDT/ 13:00 PDT

Discussion in 'General' started by Trickster, Jun 18, 2015.

1. Z100000M

Z100000M Vithered Weteran

Im glad i was too absorbed with the game to hear what you were saying at 17:00

What the flying fuck happened to security at 24:15?!?!
    Also lawliet learn to drop rep pads and armories even without people asking for them.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2015
  2. Sgt.Security

Sgt.Security Member

Source engine.

I rammed onto the cliff, I turned immediately and shit happened.

3. Confucious

Confucious Member

Good commentary Trickster n co. Paradox, isle is fine as a strategic/tactical map. You say you cant flank but i've seen many isle games where one team is forced onto low ground, and find a way to win. Good game, period. Hopefully X-ray can give you guys another great fight next weekend.

Of all the flavors lawliet, you choose to be salty. Upload game 2.

4. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

A lot, people are incapable of sorting anything out themselves. No-one really realises quite how much shit I have to deal with besides setting up a server and commentating on the games.

Well if you watch EPIC games, squad members don't actually talk. The comms are almost exclusively used by commander, leader and squad leaders. Occasionally members will chime in to put an important piece of information out there, but besides that squad members just have no reason to communicate. They make use of ingame F-menu stuff to communicate virtually every required thing. Anything from spotting players, to saying they need help building turret/walls etc, or whatever. They all use F-menu commands to avoid cluttering comms. But the key is, by all being one channel, I feel it kind of creates a real sense of being in a team rather than isolating people into squad channels. On top of that, it makes people have a better idea of the big picture of the entire game, not to mention actually instilling mic discipline which helps anyway.

Game 1 - emp_isle - Trickster, Slade and Beerdude26 Spectator Cast
    Game 2 - emp_isle - Trickster, Slade and Beerdude26 Spectator Cast

Both game 2 spectator casts are up.

5. Z100000M

Tbh quebeck wouldnt have as much chaff if everyone was doing the part. We kinda faltered on walls and armories and noone is going to read the chat, so mic spam is the only way to get what you need.

6. Lazybum

Lazybum :D Staff Member Moderator

Oh wow, I just realized how bad my mic sounds. I thought I was talking in game for awhile before I noticed my name never appeared, I should fix that.

Have to wonder if bravo would have been able to do more if we helped push north or something instead of playing in mid, we only seemed to be able to keep one ref up at a time.

7. Paradox

Paradox I am a gigantic asshole who loses people's hard wo

Lazybum in an alternate reality where we did the plan we talked about before the game everyone went nothwest and your squad wouldve been deciding factor if we got pushed out ourselves or pushed them out. Just sayin if you lead us we wouldve won ( maybe, :D )

Anyway echo split up because of me.

It was my fault game 1 that 2 squads went south east. I felt that we should have gren snipe squad go north as to not lose too much time thus told echo squad to go southeast instead of north and freak squad to go north after rpg snipe

edit: since we are talking about the plans me and lazy made Im almost sure our plan was better than the plan we actually went with.
    We were going to leave middle open and only divert 2 people to it our " chaos ref squad" -> jeep with engi and scout init. We would only send 1 squad or our lowest squad to south east and not take the ref but hold the highground and keep the ref down. Or if it was just not occupied at all take it ourselves but I Doubt that was the case. This to keep highground and keep more players on their side busy than we had on our side ( fighting 3v5 because the 3 hve highground and the 5 have to come up a ladder which u can ammobox ). Instead we found ourselves having way too many people south east everytime and an entire squad middle. Like fuck that. Lazy and me had already spotted out and pointed out to each other how important it is to take northwest. If you lose northwest you lose the game. But we fucking lost northwest cause of people taking over lead when they shouldnt have.

8. Lawliet

Lawliet Member

Can I get an armory? Go fuck yourself you stupid prick. You don't even give me your location whatsoever and I've placed plenty of armories for you guys only to have them be destroyed.

I already have the game uploaded. I don't see any games from X-Ray being shared whatsoever.

9. Z100000M

I gave you locations and you should drop them at every contention point regardeless if someones asking for it.

10. BigTeef

BigTeef Bootleg Headshot master

11. Trickster

They're substantially less interesting as voice-less demos than actual videos with people talking in them. A demo doesn't show much that won't be caught from the spec cast, it's the voice comms that matter more than anything.

12. Jane

Jane Member

Hey guys.
    I really enjoyed this game and thankfully we managed to pull out a win. I fear our team might have gone downhill if we didnt.

X-ray only used teamspeak for squad communications. Most team communications used in game voice which is included in a demo.

13. Trickster

That's good to know. It would just be good if someone converted those demos to videos and youtubed them.

14. Z100000M

You could get something more useful if you elaborated on

15. Scythe

Scythe Member

Since the first round of the first game was quite fun and noone was recording it from our team, I've decided to do so for the future and put the videos on youtube.

Here is Game 1
    And here Game 2

Our squad was SE almost the whole time in both games.. it became a bit boring.
    EDIT: I put it into the wrong thread of course

Last edited: Jun 22, 2015
  16. Lawliet

Lawliet Member

17. BigTeef

Shoot the fook up you delinquent twats!

best response

Coommmmonnn game 2 show me the money.

18. Z100000M

At least now i know i was indeed hitting you guys on that dammed hill.
    edit: holy shit im so glad im not on spikes team. Someone getting called a faggot every other minute is not my idea of fun.
    Lol @ taking meele upgrade on isle.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2015
  19. BigTeef

Are you talking about craig? He does that to everyone.

The only time we really want ham on spike is game 2 and it was when he was screeching about scouts.

20. Trickster

I recorded using OBS (Open Broadcasting Software). Ukgamer helped me configure it and Lawliet helped me with testing and some bitrate issues. That's all there is to it really. If anyone wants to set it up next time to record things themselves then I'm happy to help. It's not actually that difficult once you know how.