Empires Summer Scrim League Game 2 - 20th June 21:00 BST/ 16:00 EDT/ 13:00 PDT

Discussion in 'General' started by Trickster, Jun 18, 2015.

1. Paradox

Paradox I am a gigantic asshole who loses people's hard wo

I understand. But isle leaves nothing to the imagination. Like ltiterally no room. Isle was basicly scrimming on slaughtered. You cant do shit. Its just not fun.

Semi open/semi closed maps are the best.

2. Z100000M

Z100000M Vithered Weteran

duststrom doesnt sound all too fun for a scrim imo

3. D.D.D. Destroyer

D.D.D. Destroyer Member Staff Member Moderator

Isle offers more mobility and harrassment options than slaughtered.

4. Lazybum

Lazybum :D Staff Member Moderator

This. A better way of looking at is that no base is safe on isle, while on slaughtered you have plenty of safe bases. There is give and take everywhere on that map, not just 2 chokepoints.

5. Paradox

Meh I disagree with both of you.

Anyway. Lazybum I really really really want you do louden up and make people listen to you. Like seriously. People will listen if u speak. Just be assertive and if that doesnt work talk ingame like lawliet.

6. Sgt.Security

Sgt.Security Member

45 mins? No thanks. It's not like we knew how long the games would go beforehand. Especially with 400 tickets.

Also, is there something fucked up?
    For example I crashed 3 times, YouzY crashed once or twice, I think quite a few people crashed for more than once too.

7. Z100000M

Btw, instead of 1 day notice scrims, we should have some thread discussing the maps before hand, so maybe we can pick a suitable custom perhaps. Just not the fucking midbridge.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2015
  8. Señor_Awesome

Señor_Awesome Member

Lazybum isn't being assertive, but the team isn't exactly helping. I know it's not exactly in your nature lazy - but tell these guys to straighten out! For example, what happened to Assquatch today could have been easily prevented.

Anyway, the response to the suggestion that Lazybum lead this week was literally a resounding "no".

9. Jephir

Jephir ALL GLORY TO THE JEPHIR

It's actually pretty amazing, one of the best scrims I ever played happened on dustorm.

[YOUTUBE]HGKfuNpM0n8[/YOUTUBE]

10. Z100000M

Thing is if you get apcs with an engine and youre not shit, it can become a realy fucking unejoyable match.
    That or the enemy team getting a rax near the mains hills. Its just asinine to deal with that.
    Also lol at scrub tactics of not getting glorious repair pad first.

11. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

I left a message with Assquatch but he went offline.

It states in the rules everyone gets to play one round, but I should have made it clear that I have no problems with people subbing in/out during a round as long as the team numbers stay the same. I hope that Assquatch is given both rounds next week to compensate for this because leaving people out is unacceptable. It goes against everything this is about.

While true, I disagree with how far it can go. I think Isle (and next week Midbridge also, then Chain) is about as far as we can push it when it comes to chokepoints. They leave a lot less for strategy, so Paradox is right in that respect. Unless playercount drops below 15 per team, I have no intentions of maps like Canyon or Slaughtered being played.

Duststorm is a great map, and I was initially going to use it this week, but I'm still weighing up the idea of playing Ward in place of it, as it gives similar gameplay but probably has a bit more depth to it. I enjoy Duststorm a lot though so I'll see how Midbridge goes.

12. Paradox

Posthumous just needs to stfu. Like the resounding no was him telling everyone lazybum has no experience in scrims and that he shouldnt lead. I told posthumous lazybum needs to get a chance because this is his team and we need him to get some experience in leading aswell

13. Z100000M

Ward felt much better to be honest. None of this stranded in middle of nowhere against 50 cal bullshit.

14. BigTeef

BigTeef Bootleg Headshot master

Whoa what happened?
    Our team just consisted of spike rage, blowjob sounds, and JK pissing everyone off.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2015
  15. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

I heard there were some people on Spike's team making it difficult for him to do his job properly, plus people apparently overriding Lazybum a bit. I want to state here that I will actually kick full groups of people and forcefully rebalance the teams to compensate if that becomes a problem.

Spike and Lazybum are the team leaders, and you will listen to them without question if you want to participate in this event. From Spike's side, I don't want people being an asshole and griefing him because they think it's funny. From Lazybum's side, I need people to help him learn how leading in these situations works because he doesn't have the scrim experience some of you are lucky enough to have. It's important to support but don't fucking take over. The only person really helping lead should be Predator, but he wasn't here this week.

16. Z100000M

Did you even record any of this? I asked before the first match, post did as well and no fucking response ever came.

17. Candles

Candles CAPTAIN CANDLES, DUN DUN DUN, DUN DUN DUN DUN.

The thing about Isle as opposed to Slaughtered is that although the restrictions on movement are similar, on Isle, you can shoot at enemies from around bends and positions that Slaughtered simply doesn't allow. You can draw a parallel between the Northwest of Isle and Slaughtered's S-Bend, but you can also still hit bases and players from quite the distance. You also need a lot more awareness because there's more mobility for infantry.

Oh believe me, I wouldn't push it past Isle for chokepoint maps. Anything past that and it's not really a test of tactics, I'd call it an endurance test at that point.

18. Paradox

I feel like we need to make it so nobody gets a say in how shit goes except the teamleaders and their co leaders.

During the game squadleaders talk, teamleaders talk, comm talks the rest stfus and does his job. Its too hard on people that arent loud in nature to command if everyone talks over them.

19. BigTeef

BigTeef Bootleg Headshot master

I hope so, spike's screeching and everyone telling him to shut the fuck up was probably the best part of the 2nd round.
    Had more fun this time around too.

20. Paradox

Yeah but candles, so what if you get shot from different sides, it doesnt matter because you cant actually approach from different side. You have 1 approach point. Crossing the bridges from northwest thats it. The other approach point from beach into main base is bullshit cause you have walls and mass turrets. Approaching from ladder is a no go cause you put an ammo box. I agree you can get shot from different angles but the only thing that does is make a stalemate less stalemate bcuse you can get your buildings killed. But it doesnt increase any tactical shit ever. If you apc rush you have nothing to rush. You cant flank because you cant get to the position you want to flank.

Its just fucking shit. Like utter goddamn shit, actually whilst typing out I just feel angry because Im realising how little you can do.

You basicly take northwest or you lose. You cant push suoth east because yo fight low versus highground if you wanna take anything.

Fuck that map.