Empires Summer Scrim League Game 2 - 20th June 21:00 BST/ 16:00 EDT/ 13:00 PDT

Discussion in 'General' started by Trickster, Jun 18, 2015.

1. Lazybum

Lazybum :D Staff Member Moderator

The funny part was we had a ninja in your main twice I think, but had the worst time getting anything done with that. So you were right about being somewhat paranoid.

2. Paradox

Paradox I am a gigantic asshole who loses people's hard wo

The problem is you cant get anything done with 1 engineer ninja or 1 scout ninja.

Lets say its an engineer ninja, you can only call in 4 other squadmates, optimal would be 1 scout 2 rifles and 1 gren and then it would take 5-10 seconds to walk to comm, and 15-30 seconds to destroy. OPTIMAL SITUATION. This requires turrets to not be attacking you, noone dies, scout gettig squadlead after getting reved squadhiding, giving it back to a grenadier without losing time and then squad artying.

IF you manage to get an engineer in enemy base.

If its a scout in enemy base its completely fucking useless cause you cant rush an apc on the main base not on this map atleast. On anyother map fine, but the rap with walls and main base with so many turrets and no way to manouver its fucking hell.

3. BigTeef

BigTeef Bootleg Headshot master

Yeah but you don't see this kind of infighting with us, we talk shit for like 5 minutes and we either win or loose.

4. Lazybum

Lazybum :D Staff Member Moderator

But it was a somewhat optimal thing for us I think, from the minimap it didn't look like he had a ton of turrets where our engy was and thier comm was in close enough view so it could have happened I think.

Even then though, the optimal thing is after the first squad rev the engy would join another squad to rev them in, or have two of the revs be grens and one of them takes lead of another squad, then you have twice the arty power. The second one would work out a lot better, it's kinda hard to miss half a team suddenly appearing somewhere else in regards to the first idea.

You are right though, it's hard for a lot to be done. What I was really interested in at the time was just causing as much damage as possible and getting some of their team to kill spawn or even a couple of tanks to pull back, so there would be less pressure on our main. Bravo squad at the time wasn't in tanks at all I think, so it wouldn't have been a huge loss in our forces to push out. Admittedly it may have been a tad late for push to take ground, but we still had out entire main at the time so it didn't seem hopeless.

5. Jephir

Jephir ALL GLORY TO THE JEPHIR

Empires: Abridged - Episode 2

[YOUTUBE]hI9q5wEtIh4[/YOUTUBE]

6. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

Match 2 Game 1 replay will be up here in about 15 minutes: http://youtu.be/aOItXnlMIGU

Match 2 Game 2 replay will be up in the morning.

7. ImSpartacus

ImSpartacus nerf spec plz

Nice idea to do a highlight video, but I think it would be even better if you narrated it since it is so short and the comms aren't particularly helpful.

8. Jephir

Jephir ALL GLORY TO THE JEPHIR

I try to make self-narrating videos, like this one, but it is a bit more difficult in Empires.

9. BigTeef

WHERE DA XRAY AT

All I saw was the demos grant posted but I don't know if somebody is going to convert them to youtube.

10. Grantrithor

Grantrithor Member

We have that shit down good, when two people start fighting we tell them stfu and settle it on VIPER later.

Wow those comms are a mess, is trickster really certain squad channels aren't optimal?

edit: oh boy post being cocky at the end of the first round

Last edited: Jun 21, 2015
  11. Paradox

Paradox I am a gigantic asshole who loses people's hard wo

Honestly I would like comm channels way more too.

Get comm channels, then give channel commander to squadleader and have empires commander only talk ingame aswell as importantshit.

But what evvsss

12. complete_

complete_ lamer

holy fuck trickster how many messages do you get

13. Grantrithor

Grantrithor Member

tbh you don't need to unless you have glue eaters for squadmates.

14. BigTeef

Thank god I left quebeck

15. complete_

complete_ lamer

didnt you leave cause i ignored you

16. Candles

Candles CAPTAIN CANDLES, DUN DUN DUN, DUN DUN DUN DUN.

I'm listening to the stuff about resource rates, and I'm thinking that the problem isn't resources, the problem was how there wasn't any real major vehicle usage until 20 minutes or so in. On top of that, keep in mind that by that point, there had been around ~360 kills, and god knows how many revives, repairs and buildings destroyed. Across both teams, we're talking over 10k in wages by the time vehicles really start coming out. That's a lot of wages to burn through before there's any real dent in the team's resource pools. You can see in Trickster's video at 26:38 how almost every single person has enough wages that would could've bought a medium for themselves, a number of them could easily afford two, and some even three.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2015
  17. Lawliet

Lawliet Member

[YOUTUBE]fnJSLNx1PXo[/YOUTUBE]

I'm too butthurt about round 2 to release it atm.

18. BigTeef

I left because of the unique personalities Quebec has to offer and saw there were stormy clouds in the distance.

19. Z100000M

Z100000M Vithered Weteran

So you went with spike?
    Whos the idiot who told echo to go east at the start? Half the squad did that and half did what it was supposed to od, which is go north.

20. Catface

Catface Member

You can stickystun the CV and then use grens positioned nearby (or even far away) to kill it. (Including using squad arty)

Many matches were won this way, including Isle.

Use TS. Create separate channels for each squad, then have the commander talk in game. (While also being a member of the most important squad' channel)

I'll look into squad channels though...