"Empires" is too generic a name

Discussion in 'General' started by Trainzack, Dec 27, 2014.

1. flasche

flasche Member Staff Member Moderator

its a rather meaningless discussion anyway, you dont change a title after 10 years just because someone fails googling.

Last edited: Dec 29, 2014
  2. Sitka

Sitka Member

note the part
    followed by
    i would say "siding" is assuming a bit too much. it obviously boils down to whether or not we can give Empires a subtitle that actually looks and sounds nice and true.

because clearly being away for a few months disqualifies the your opinion on the bloody title of the mod from being valid

i hope we are all clear that we are talking about the actual title of the mod, not just some slogan
    this shit will show up when you open steam and launch it

even if we did find a really good "slogan" type subtitle for it, subtitles, a lot of the time, can look stupid and pretentious as the actual main title on games that doesn't have a ton (or at least one) direct sequel (inb4 "well technically empires is....")

at the very least have something decent, something nice, rather than

you can be mad all you want but you have to agree this is the kind of tacky shit you would expect from abominations unintended hilarity generators like this:
    [​IMG]

3. BigTeef

BigTeef Bootleg Headshot master

What the fuck are you talking about, you didn't even play when you were active before.
    You just trolled the forums like mcgyver did (and still does).

Candles said its a lot more complex than just sending papers to valve when we discussed copyright.
    About 12 people had a discussion on vehicle training and fn was whining about trickster ruining the game, where candles pointed out that empires ran itself and ruined itself.

Copyright was brought up and apparently its a tree, that's the visual I got from his description.
    They would need to dig people up (roots) and give them papers, valve is just a platform not the owner.
    Then attempt to cut off multiple branches because legal formalities, which would take forever because american law.

Then brings up the whole ethical debate on why the fuck are companies allowed to own generic words, the public would be on our side because it's EA.
    There would be tons of people willing to stand up for us because of the fact it's EA. Then begins another controversy.

We might actually get 40 player games for a few days.

Last edited: Dec 29, 2014
  4. Sgt.Security

Sgt.Security Member

Newb : OMG DLC WEPON IT SO GUD MUST USE IT 24/7.

5. D.D.D. Destroyer

D.D.D. Destroyer Member Staff Member Moderator

But it's behind a paywall, and most newbs are real youngsters ;)

6. Sitka

Sitka Member

my point still stands.

as for the scout thing just give the commander a big button that changes every scout with scout rifle on the map to a rifleman/engineer/gren and have big flashing text appear on their screen saying "stop fucking around" accompanied by the same sound file.

7. BigTeef

BigTeef Bootleg Headshot master

According to your steam profile, you haven't touched it in a year.
    Nice point you got there.

Your better than lying to people sitka.
    Its okay, with the shit spartacus did to the game I don't blame you for not playing.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2014
  8. Sgt.Security

Sgt.Security Member

I should copy this line and use it every single time when I have to argue with someone who don't really play the game.

9. Z100000M

Z100000M Vithered Weteran

This must have been great since the irony is killing me.