emp_nuclear

Discussion in 'Mapping' started by D.D.D. Destroyer, Jan 3, 2014.

1. D.D.D. Destroyer

D.D.D. Destroyer Member Staff Member Moderator

They may have been un-entitied now that I think about it, but I was convinced they were func_details.

2. LordDz_2

LordDz_2 Strange things happens here

3. D.D.D. Destroyer

Boys, get hyped for a test of _b8k in a couple of hours. Details and download link will come in a moment, like, in an hour.

4. D.D.D. Destroyer

I got food for thought, thanks to Spartacus and Haschte for their feedback. Test will happen again later, when people are less obsessed with a full server :)

Last edited: Apr 5, 2015
  5. D.D.D. Destroyer

6. Angry

Angry Junior Member

This is the new map/thread theme.

[YOUTUBE]7XmDYJBZZdc[/YOUTUBE]

7. flasche

flasche Member Staff Member Moderator

doesnt fuckup if you put just the video id inbetween the tags ;)

8. D.D.D. Destroyer

I'll be home for the weekend (or at least Saturday evening), so I'll be able to do some more work on this and maybe just maybe have it ready for Saturday evening. Until then, I have two things I'd like feedback on.

First off, If you download the map you will be able to see the lighting change I made - the sunlight is more yellow, angled, and there's an actual sun in the sky. Please tell me what you think of this.

Secondly, what do you think of adding a BE medium tank unlockable for completing a side objective?

9. ImSpartacus

ImSpartacus nerf spec plz

Prebuilt vehicles for be would be sick as hell, but they might over complicate the map. I'd stick with what you've got so far for at least a couple months.

10. D.D.D. Destroyer

I'm not terribly worried about complexity, more about balance. Either way, I'll withhold on adding a tank for this release, and we'll see about it when summer comes round - I won't have too much time for Hammer anyways, and a bunch of things need to be fixed too.

Keep commenting on the tank and the lighting though - please :)

11. D.D.D. Destroyer

12. Lazybum

Lazybum :D Staff Member Moderator

Neat stuff, though it reminded me of how people don't realize they can get out of garages once the door closes. I hope that red light is enough, but I got a feeling you may have to put a small "emergency exit" or some such right above it.

That glass in the control room is unbreakable right? Being able to see what's out there without immediately exploding is pretty cool.

13. Z100000M

Z100000M Vithered Weteran

I dont even know why the garage tunnel dumps you to the outside, since with timing you can jump on the battlements anyway.

14. D.D.D. Destroyer

I'm hosting another emp_nuclear test - hopefully, this version will get released on VIPER in the coming days. First, I'd like to ensure there are no crippling bugs.

15. ImSpartacus

Had a good test today, no real bugs noticed.

There's still the gnawing issue of that goddamn cap point. If you're playing against a team that knows how Empires flag implementation works, then NF will not win as long as BE has tickets. There are always opportunities to get just one single player on the flag to reset the entire fucking timer.

16. Z100000M

Last flag is bullshit with blocking.

17. D.D.D. Destroyer

Yes you can, just move up the defence point - you were holding at the back of the control room, when all we had to do was sprint around a corner ;) If you moved the point of defence to the other side of CRD and left a revive whore on the flag, it'd be much harder for us, particularly with Zoom, Nemoster and Lazybum being crazy good riflemen continuously in our faces. I know this works since before CRD days, when Zeke made it happen.

Thanks for the test, I'll fix the one or two things that popped up during the playing and send the map to Vicki as _b8l - no need to change anything if you were there.

18. Z100000M

The room is nowhere near long enough for that to be feasible

19. D.D.D. Destroyer

Crates form a great chokepoint, the main fight will then be over the button - we had big trouble whenever someone wandered in there.

Regarding the tunnel exit, it's supposed to be a compromise between having a closer spawn and not gaining anything from putting an APC in a garage. The early tests showed that having NF just crawl out of the top of garages was a bit OP for NF, giving BE literally no chance to resecure the forward bunker. Having the exit right at that point makes it possible to chokepoint that reinforcement route for BE, but doing so leaves people exposed to pretty much every other approach. Balance, yo.

However, I was considering moving the exit to the NF spawn room in the forward bunker, possibly by making a crawl space that requires people to prone through a small gap. What are everyone's thoughts on that?

20. ImSpartacus

You're probably right, but it feels a bit weird that spawn-camping is basically required in order to win.

And that's what it is - spawn camping. You have to completely pin BE into their spawn because if they get just one soldier out, then he can use one of the other 3 entrances to the control room and interrupt the capture.

So I don't really have any suggestions. It's just that it feels weird.