[EMOSL] PUG-Draft Feedback

Discussion in 'General' started by Lawliet, Jun 14, 2014.

1. BigTeef

BigTeef Bootleg Headshot master

Wait what?

I was actually right for a change?

Holy shit!

I don't care if you guys disagree with candles, having a developer telling me im right makes it worth that whole 5 page of dumb drama bullshit validated.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2014
  2. Lawliet

Lawliet Member

[​IMG]

3. Candles

Candles CAPTAIN CANDLES, DUN DUN DUN, DUN DUN DUN DUN.

Given the basic premises that existed in that other thread, you were wrong, but as the last scrim clearly demonstrated, some of those premises can't be taken for granted.

4. BigTeef

git rekt sun

The worst part is I now have solid evidence of the empires community being shitbirds.
    I have actual proof on how captain draft is fucked.

Thank you FN, for proving my point.
    By just being yourself.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2014
  5. Grantrithor

Grantrithor Member

I see you're still kissing candles' ass, just because he said you were correct doesn't mean you were correct, that's just his opinion. Both your idea and captain's draft don't work. A better system would be to have judges rate players, then get the mean ratings and put them into a list with player names, run the list through a script that sorts players onto both teams so that the sum of each player on each team is equal or close to equal. After every match judges can review players again to change their rating, rinse repeat.

6. BigTeef

7. Paradox

Paradox I am a gigantic asshole who loses people's hard wo

All of this gets fixed easy. You make sure all the players are in the game at lets say 21:00, any person who joins after that doesnt get to play. You get 2 captains and let them draft in teamspeak or so then release the list on who goes where at 21:10. Shit always goes south cause we are inefficient, drafting in game where everyone talks randomly to each other? People joining during draft.

Set a certain time if you are too late youa re too late deal with it. AND FOR THE LOVE OF GOD STOP HANDING OUT PASWORDS LIKE FUCKING CANDY

8. Candles

Candles CAPTAIN CANDLES, DUN DUN DUN, DUN DUN DUN DUN.

Oh dear god, that'd take forever. The whole point of this is that if people don't show, then that's fine because teams are decided on-the-fly. You're saying to get 30 people, then have like 3 or 4 people rank all of them, then solve the knapsack problem. Then redo that every round based of a player's prior performance, disregarding that a player's contribution can vary quite a lot from round to round.

For the love of fuckin' god this. Don't say that it's going to be an organized event with rules 'n' shit and then put the password on the forums and pass it around on the public servers.

9. BigTeef

I would just ban clanners from being captains if you want a decent draft and refuse to see the light.

Like if you have AZK and Hobbes as captains, I am willing to bet you will have more balanced teams.

Verus FN and Security.

10. Paradox

Paradox I am a gigantic asshole who loses people's hard wo

No hate towards FN or anything but just learn from your mistakes, dont put FN as captain anymore. Best format is still biweekly.
    Losing captains versus winning captains. If its a draw same captains again.

11. FN198

FN198 Member

eh, drafting is dumb. it didn't even win vietnam

12. Ikalx

Ikalx Member

You know you guys could assemble in game, have people join a steam group chat, and just leave as they are picked. You don't have to do the pick outside of the game, but neither do you have to do it in the cluttered in-game gui with crazy scrolling text. Steam chats have proven effective and clear before, and using it as a team sorting area shouldn't be half as difficult as in-game.

Just a suggestion.

13. Grantrithor

Grantrithor Member

Never has a system sounded so perfect.

14. Neoony

Neoony Member

Last edited: Jun 18, 2014
  15. Sgt.Security

Sgt.Security Member

Well, 2nd round we pretty much out-teamworked them in the end.
    I focused on their only APC, Neoony and few guys took down their rax, arty and others crushed the remaining infantry.

GG.

16. Lazybum

Lazybum :D Staff Member Moderator

Ha, I loved the way you shook your mouse when anything got in your mortar's way. I really need to learn how to do those snap shots though, that is hard.

Kinda wished I was in west in canyon though, it looked really hectic and crazy over there.

17. Sgt.Security

Sgt.Security Member

I think we both sent our best forces to the west side.

18. Lawliet

Lawliet Member

Neoony, I tried loading 4K resolution at the computer lab at my college and it crashed the video card driver.... what the fuck are you using to capture that?

Edit: On canyon, we lost as soon as I decided to switch class and we lost all our forward walls. It was my mistake cause FN told everyone to switch to gren and mortar your racks.... fml.

19. ImSpartacus

ImSpartacus nerf spec plz

Can you natively playback a demo at any particular resolution or did Neony have to originally play at 4K?!

20. Lazybum

Lazybum :D Staff Member Moderator

You can play back a demo file at any resolution, or even graphic settings. A demo doesn't record the frames or anything, it records what happens(action wise) and playback just executes the action again.(I think, it has been forever since I read about it.)