Disguising

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Aurora, May 24, 2006.

1. PHASER8

PHASER8 Member

I wish...but then you'd have more people looking at racks instead of playing the game...which is hard enough as is for some people who'd rather talk ( you know who you are ;) )

If Empires is the same as CS:S in which custom models can easily be added I am sure it could be a quick fix though +D

2. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

you dont have to make them mis world look alikes, a bit of flubber here a bit flat there and etc

3. Aurora

Aurora Radiating love, empathy and maternal instincts

Since the scout is rarely used and not fun to play as nowadays, I'm bringing this suggestion back up.

4. ViroMan

ViroMan Black Hole (*sniff*) Bully

lmao all this grave digging is going to get your butt in trouble again. Do the necromancing one at a time. To quote something from someone "don't raise more dead than you can handle".

5. Aurora

Perhaps I gravedigged a tad too much here, I was originally going to make a new thread for scout feature discussion. However, I deem it better to separate the ideas and use the old threads so that all the old discussion serves as inspiration.

So, disguising. Allow the scout to disguise as the enemy, but nerf his weapons/sabbing capabilities while he does so. This would make the scout truer to his name; his role is scouting and providing information to his team, not engaging in combat.

6. Empty

Empty Member

Bumping 3 year old threads is baaaaaad.

Disguises are also bad.

7. Aurora

Useless comments are bad too.

Why do you think disguising is bad?

8. flasche

flasche Member Staff Member Moderator

yes why is it bad?

9. Dubee

Dubee Grapehead

Cause it was shot down. That's why the suggestion died instead of being put it into the game... Here's a quote from the guy who made the damn mod.

10. Metal Smith

Metal Smith Member

tl;dr Spy sappin my radar!

Sigged!

ty for the necro btw, it was worth finding that post.

11. flasche

flasche Member Staff Member Moderator

mhm i see how without FF this would be a problem because you can just shoot at every friendly without a drawback

12. Aquillion

Aquillion Member

Krenzo made the mod, but he's moved on to other things. I don't think that "Krenzo didn't like it" is enough of an answer anymore.

But the problem I have is that there's not much point in sneaking around in a disguise. Seriously, on most maps it's pretty easy to reach the enemy base.

Disguises in ET were worth the work because you had vital objectives you could reach, and there were often doors you could only open while disguised. Disguises in TFC and so forth were worth it because the game was based around infantry and turrets, so getting behind them and killing them could decide a game, and, again, there were objectives a spy could sneak through and grab.

In Empires, they just don't serve much point... you can't sneak behind enemy lines and blow up tanks, or anything like that. At worst you can disable turrets, and so what?

I would rather give scouts a better version of hide, or even a cloak, something that lets them just run up to turrets in the middle of a battlefield and take them out. Something that could let a scout sneak into the rooftops of Crossroads successfully, etc.

13. Dubee

Dubee Grapehead

It's still his mod. If Krenzo doesn't like it I don't think it should be added.

But I must say that wasn't what I was insinuating with my first post. Lots of people shot it down. I just picked the first quote I saw.

14. Empty

Empty Member

Disguising = stoopid.

15. Kylegar

Kylegar Specstax Rule

goin with Krenzo here

3 year old Krenzo that is. Just because the idea is 3 years old, doesn't mean it gets better with age.

16. Sherbie

Sherbie Member

What would be hilarious would be some sort of shield that displays what is behind the scout, so he is only invisible from the front... xD

17. Empty

Empty Member

Empires suggestions are not like wine.
    They are like meat.

give them a few years and believe me, it's not pretty.

18. Varbles

Varbles Simply Maptastic. Staff Member