Discussion point: Infantry Weapon Overhaul

Discussion in 'Game Play' started by Trickster, Mar 30, 2014.

1. BigTeef

BigTeef Bootleg Headshot master

Melee upgrade, the attack reach is bullshit.

Therefor pikemen.

2. flasche

flasche Member Staff Member Moderator

i for one like my hairdryer ...

3. D.D.D. Destroyer

D.D.D. Destroyer Member Staff Member Moderator

The respective smgs for each team are literally identical though....

4. BigTeef

They are complaining about animation, nf smg1 has recoil animation while be1 doesn't.

Animation doesn't affect recoil, but it does feel different even though it does absolutely nothing.
    It's a mental trick people have after playing other fps's.

5. D.D.D. Destroyer

True that, but shouldn't you look at where the bullets are going and not the gun?

6. Ikalx

Ikalx Member

I killed someone at 12 metres with it yesterday on glycen. Granted, that person probably had little life, but what do you want? It's a sidearm, not a main event. If you guys want to use a sidearm as a main weapon promote it to the main weapon slot, give it a 6 shooter barrel and buff it. If not, don't cry.

7. BigTeef

Because of my condition, my sensitivity on my weapons are adjusted on the fly because me having seizures infront of the enemy is a bad way to play.

So im concentrating on landing every single shot, im paying attention to blood spurts and not the bullets themselves.

Read my previous posts about it.

8. flasche

flasche Member Staff Member Moderator

do not look at blood it tells you absolutely nothing, afaik blood is clientside (as all SFX should be) so its not necessarily what registeres on the server. thats the "problem" with prediction and latency, the players dont have to be where you see them (f.e. im sure you seen ppl take damage just before they moved behind cover, on their side they might not even realize you shot at them since they were at cover 60ms earlier then you saw it), its only where they would be if they kept moving like they where the last time you got a reliable update from the server - yet it keeps the movement smooth and you wont have this lag behaviour like you had in counterstrike where ppl started to shake.

and yes, even if we only see something like 25fps* (~40ms/frame), 60ms often matter a lot. (and the whole 25fps bullshit isnt true anyway - we actually dont see in frames, we also dont see "full images", nor are we able to see immobile things**, thats why our eyes constantly move - lots of our field of view is just memories not actively perceived, you dont even see colors except for the center of your vision, everything else is just expectations/memories)

*actually it would be true if one would say, we cannot distinquish single frames at a rate of 25fps.
    **if you go ninja in empires, you dont need to hide well - just stay still, most will just run/drive by even if you are in plain open sight.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2014
  9. BigTeef

Blood never lies...

[​IMG]

My problem has nothing to do with the game, the problem is my hands jazzing all over the place.
    Besides the shitty voice codec, my microphone works great and sounds great in every damn game I own except empires.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2014
  10. D.D.D. Destroyer

I hate (I actually don't j/k) to spoil you the fun, but blood does lie, and Dexter knows nothing.

11. BigTeef

12. Paradox

Paradox I am a gigantic asshole who loses people's hard wo

it doesnt fucking matter if they are identical we have established that fact in over 10 threads its about how the gun feels to the player that matters.

13. D.D.D. Destroyer

I still think that the players should realise it doesn't matter though :p

14. f1r3w4rr10r

f1r3w4rr10r Modeler

In that case it's an animation / art issue and nothing that has to do with the balancing.

15. Sgt.Security

Sgt.Security Member

Isn't that what you are supposed to be doing? Especially when that weapon grants instant kills.

Considering how much you guys played Empires in recent months, I think it's just because you guys are rusty.

16. DonutVikingChap

DonutVikingChap Member

I think the general weapon balance works great already, if there's something that needs to be worked on it's probably the ironsights and the "hitreg" issues
    (shooting a running guy 10 times with visible blood splats and doing 0 damage)
    (empires is the only Source game in which this happens for me).

17. BigTeef

I don't get rusty unless it's commanding.
    I played too many games to simply just drop in skill.

18. Paradox

Again people do realise it doesnt matter but it feels different to everyone who uses the gun, saying its the exact same gun doesnt matter when it doesnt feel like the exact same gun.

19. Paradox

Like I said with destroyer it doesnt matter a single bit if its an art issue or not, it still effects your gaming with that gun, if u feel more powerful you'll play better and more confident thus giving the gun more power which it shouldnt get.

20. f1r3w4rr10r

f1r3w4rr10r Modeler

Now that is drifting off into psychology of perception (which I studied for a while) pretty fast here...