Devourawr - Coming Soon to You!

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Devourawr, Mar 28, 2013.

1. Devourawr

Devourawr Member

no fuck you lamer

Bumping this thread because I had mo money and mo problems, so a week ago I booked some tickets. I'm going to be in Vienna in about 7 hours, so woo. I'm sure there are a couple Hapsburgs still posting on this hellhole, feel free to hit me up. Then a couple buses through Deutschland nach Amsterdam, um Freunde zu sehen.
    Then I guess I'll make some plans once I'm there, because I'll have almost two weeks to piss around before I go to Brittany. Might spend some time in Bremen or Munster, I'm sure Amsterdam gets boring after a while. Although my friend is going to come with me which should be interdasting, my one previous couple travel ended less than awesome-ly.
    Anywagon, after Brittany I might go to Norway to visit family for Christmas, then back home to Glasgow for New Years to party with the awesome douchebags and sluts I call friends.

After that, it depends how uni goes and if I can transfer, but the plan is to make up the rest of my journey as I go until August-ish when I should think about coming home and having a real life again. I want to see Ireland, lots of Germany, Switzerland, maybe Spain but definitely not Portugal because they speak dog. I wanted to do a Prussian route from Memel to Sedan, with all the good bits in between, but the Russians won't let me into Koenigsberg without a three month waiting period on the visa because I'm a convict instead of the glorious aryan european master race.

so yeah

2. Devourawr

Devourawr Member

For some reason someone split the threads, even though I was enjoying that conversation on overpriced food. So it's time to bump my lonely thread with more tales of adventure!

I made some dumb mistakes on my last night in Vienna, especially the part where I didn't sleep, and now have a massive hangover that has turned into a fever. So my 20 hour bus trip from there to Amsterdam was really, really painful. Also I arrived at 6am, what fun! But at least the coffee shop in front of the hostel let me sit around until reception opens.

Trivia: every bus trip I take that lasts longer than 7 hours always has some """interesting""" characters on it. I'm not sure why weird people are drawn to buses, but it probably has something to do with the cheap factor. On my trip to Sydney there was a mentally handicpped guy behind me who talked for the whole 14 hours on his phone. I have no idea how he has so many family members/friends to kill that time, but apparently he did. The trip from Vienna to Frankfurt had a 'class' (15-20) of mentally handicapped Germans in their mid 30s-40s, so that was quite an experience. And the final leg to Amsterdam had some old turkish woman who was moaning and twisting her head the entire trip as though she was having the orgasm of her life. I think she might have just been seriously ill though rather than mentally deficient, which breaks my streak sadly.

3. complete_

complete_ lamer

it got moved because different types of food have no place in a topic about travel

its the low cost ceiling along with cramping people into a tiny space that causes that to happen on buses. you treat people like animals thats how they act (the train is the preferred method of transportation)

4. McGyver

McGyver Experimental Pedagogue

I'm glad you enjoy my moderating. Yes absolutely, you should travel via train in Europe, it's much more comfortable and there are cuter chicks on the train. What the hell made you visit Europe in winter anyways.

5. Z100000M

Z100000M Vithered Weteran

Groups of older to elderly germans travelling in groups is oddly a common thing.