Decrease Base Sticky Damage to 200

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Cyber-Kun, Feb 20, 2009.

1. ba'al

ba'al Member

there's a lot of close range fighting with crap to behind to on non-infantry maps too.

2. Dubee

Dubee Grapehead

Yeah and if your gonna go to those spots don't bring stickys.

3. ba'al

ba'al Member

those spots are chokepoints and important areas to hold, so tnaks are bound to show up.

4. Foxy

Foxy I lied, def a Forum Troll

I would love to be able to just shoot the gren.

Give me back my 2.12 rifle, and we won't have this problem.
    If you're worried about balance issues, just give it to me alone. :D

First person to support my argument with a sig worthy quote gets a cookie.

5. RoboTek

RoboTek Member

Tanks are awesome enough, anything to discourage them from getting into CQC seems like a benefit to me.

6. Aquillion

Aquillion Member

The thing is... I just don't have so much trouble with stickies as a tank driver as everyone says.

Tanks should not be able to just blindly RUSHRUSHRUSH into an area where they can't clearly see their approaches or where they have no cover at all. Tanks should not be invulnerable superweapons. If an enemy is able to get close enough to you to hit you with a sticky, you probably screwed up badly enough to deserve to take serious damage.

And early-game tanks (especially paper lights!) should not be overwhelming. There's nothing wrong with them getting killed in one hit, especially not when they've screwed up and charged blindly into an enemy base or a close-quarters area. Rushing early-game tanks into an enemy base should be a reckless and daring move, one that can easily get you killed... it should not be too effective, because it can easily become an overwhelming strategy if we're not careful. Stickies serve as an important deterrent against that, encouraging tank drivers to move a bit more slowly and carefully.

Infantry should have an advantage in places like that. Tanks should benefit from having riflemen covering them to sweep out enemy riflemen, and so on.

And APCs should always be super-vulnerable. They're not supposed to be on the frontline that much. They're transports, primarily... they have some secondary use as anti-infantry support and can be retrofit as an emergency anti-tank vehicle, but if the enemy is getting close enough to them to hit them with a sticky then you are Doing It Wrong.

I like the idea of tanks feeling, sometimes, like claustrophobic death traps. There should be disadvantages to being in a tank, as well as advantages. One of these is not seeing the maniac with an explosive who runs up and puts it right on your side. That means you need support (or an open area) to protect you.

The real problem is RPGs. As it is now, RPGs are fine against paper tanks, but become too weak once good armor hits the field... and unlike stickies, we can't just buff RPGs (because they'd slaughter paper anythings too easily, and unlike stickies you don't have to screw up so much to get hit by an RPG.)

But that's an armor issue, ultimately, IMHO.

7. Felcis

Felcis Member

There are at least effective research options for RPGs. I really miss those for stickies. The basic damage should stay the same but it would be nice to be able to buff them a bit in late game.
    Maybe decrease the cost or time for the RPG upgrades. That way they would have no advantage in the early game, but will profite more often from the upgrade as it will be researched more often.

8. CobaltBlue

CobaltBlue Member

If along with the decrease in damage the riflemen also got an increase in grenade ammo, then I would think this was a very good idea.