Custom models release.

Discussion in 'Mapping' started by HornyRabbit, Jul 7, 2006.

1. Wereaser

Wereaser Member

Have you thought about replacing the sandbags with something else like metal plating or something? And why there's "Elmo" written all over the picture? Weird watermark. :D

Oh and how do you rip those original textures?

2. cpugeek

cpugeek Member

it says "demo" not elmo

3. Slasher

Slasher Member

The watermark says XSI DEMO not Elmo, it there because I took the picture in XSI Mod Tools.
    I think I might change the sandbags to something else, something that looks better.
    There is a plug in for photoshop that allows you to open .vtf like other image files. You can get it here.
    But Valve made .vtf files are pack away in “source materials.gcf”, I use VTF Explorer to extract the .vtf files. You can get it here

Last edited: Jul 10, 2006
  4. Doobie

Doobie Ancient Tester

Nice bunker

Work on those texture, maybe using more of dukes building textures and it will be sweet.

5. Slasher

Slasher Member

Alright I redid the roof and use a different texture on what used to be the sandbags.
    [​IMG]
    I'm thinking of adding some barbwire coils and tank traps.

6. MrBojangl3s

MrBojangl3s Member

Sweet, the only negative I can see about the new replacements for sandbags is that they look like denium sewed together :/

Maybe NF has sandbags, and BE has a sort of cross-stiched metal plates? I know sandbags aren't as good as plates, but in the game they can be :D

7. Darg

Darg Member

Is this something along the lines of what you were thinking about?

I still need to add an outboard motor of some kind then take it into 3DS to texture it. I'll hopefully have it available tonight or tomorrow night for you. Let me know if you want it changed at all. I plan to add some more detail to the drivers part and there are some smoothing errors that will be resolved once I get it into 3DS

Currently at 956 tris:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. L3TUC3

L3TUC3 Member

Spiffy bunker. I like it.

Are the sills inside crouch height? That way we don't have to defend with horrible accuracy.

9. Darg

Darg Member

Ok.. Added in a prop motor out the back and improved around the pilot bit. I'm thinking maybe I should lengthen the boat or increase the width a bit. Any thoughts?

1472 tris:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. pickjaoe

pickjaoe Member

looks good cant wait to see it textured.

11. MOOtant

MOOtant Member

Looks awesome. Good job. But we will also need much larger boats. (take CV and stuff)

12. knighttemplar

knighttemplar Member

I'm kinda thinking a WWI, Dreadnaught themed navy for Brenodi and maybe a neo-classical Chinese Junk type navy for the NF. Basically this, with iron and guns

13. Darg

Darg Member

Well we don't need dreadnaught sized boats or else only a few will be able to fit in the map and that's assuming it's all water. I think they'll probably stick with Heavy tank sized models for now.

14. Sheepe

Sheepe Member

I love the hovercraft that whosamacallit made... it looks cool

-Sheepe
    Yes, I knows its supposed to be a boat, but thats a hover craft/pontoon boat engine

15. Darg

Darg Member

Krenzo has asked me for one with an outboard motor instead of the props at the back. I'm going to finish that hopefully sometime this week and get it textured at home. I seem to be pretty busy in work right now which is the time I usually model and I've been working on the models for my map whenever I've had the time.

What kind of outboard motors would people like to see on it? Reference pics would be appreciated. Thanks!

16. DeadReckoning

DeadReckoning Member

Hmmm for boats i keep thinking D-Day << hmmmmmmmm boats ;) Higgins =D

*Watch the waters for them bucketheads floating!*

17. Darg

Darg Member

Here are a couple of renders with an outboard motor. Bigger boats will have two of these or one bigger one.

I think this is done for now. I'll get around to exporting it into 3DS tonight and splashing on a quick texture then see if i still remember how to import into hammer.

EDIT: Damn.. forgot the turret mount.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. TrItOn

TrItOn Member

Boats, hmmmmmm yes a must the newer computers coming out could more than handle the issues with lagg. ( Had this discussion about aircraft, boats, missles and spacecraft...lol) End of year Intel released first gen 4x core processors. First of next year AMD, end of next year 8x core processors........Not very far off and x64 processes.....come on guys this could be the most awesome game or series of mods ever made. I mean ever this is awesome. Great job!

19. Darg

Darg Member

Ok here is the turret. Took me 5 minutes to model and then the last 15 waiting for the render. I really like my GI lighting that much...:rolleyes:

1269 tris

[​IMG]

20. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

Aww, I loved the propeller! bring back the propella!

what If one side gets an outboard motor and the other a propeller?