Custom models release.

Discussion in 'Mapping' started by HornyRabbit, Jul 7, 2006.

1. HornyRabbit

HornyRabbit Member

2. Doobie

Doobie Ancient Tester

Nice job man! Keep on modeling, these are a great start

3. halbalbador

halbalbador Member

Wow. Those are pretty amazing, especially for being a beginner. I wish I could model / make textures :(

I think these look great. Is there any way I could use the anti tank barricades in my map?

Keep up the great work man!

4. HornyRabbit

HornyRabbit Member

Thank you guys :)
    They are all free to use.

5. Krenzo

Krenzo Administrator

The Brenodi U shaped wall thing on the right almost looks like a boat. If you kept the textures the same and just reshaped it into a raft/rigid inflatable hull boat, I might be able to use it.

6. HornyRabbit

HornyRabbit Member

Omg, first i thought you were teasing me there Krenzo... Now im not sure. I thought we were not going to have naval warfare on empires. I'd be happy to modify it to act as a boat if you really needed it. It is almost officially known as tank shoe at the moment.

7. Doobie

Doobie Ancient Tester

lol... that would be the biggest rubber boat in the world!

8. Grizzly

Grizzly BEAR SIZED DOORS

a metal rubber boat!
    WITH A TANK IN IT!

WERE ALL GONA DIE!! :(:(:(:(

9. Beerdude26

Beerdude26 OnThink(){ IsDownYet(); }

All this naval warfare reminds me: I just had an awesome game on emp_slaughtered. We went via the water to E3 (from Brenodi base, bottom left) and sneaked onto the beaches. When they discovered us, it was hell. We built walls and they spammed grenades on top of us. It was real trench warfare.

The best map EVAR would be a map with like 3-5 main beaches and you could have landing craft on them. Those tankstoppers (the thingy with the pings) would be perfect for this, as would the guard towers.

10. MOOtant

MOOtant Member

I tried to make some walls there or turrets but everything was down minute after they (NF) started to attack it. Trenches or guard towers would help a bit.

Water transports would be also awesome. NF takes CV quite often to E3. But that's completely stupid. North path is very easy to block and south is just a beach. NF would have some chances to retreat from there.

11. Wereaser

Wereaser Member

Hey, that sounds like the game I was in yesterday!

But I'd like to know: Will there be naval warfare later in this mod? I'd love to play a sea map with some islands on it. Great for naval battles and blimbs.

12. HornyRabbit

HornyRabbit Member

Krenzo turned this thread for rubber fetish and water sports :rolleyes:

13. Wereaser

Wereaser Member

Horny you actually inspired me to do some prop modeling.

What I did in less than five minutes(includes modeling, UV-mapping and drawing the textures). I bet it shows that it's done in 5 mins, but I guess it's a start.
    [​IMG]

Now if I'd bother to do the two hour headbanging session to get these things compiled... That's how long it took me last time to get a custom prop model in game.

Edit: As for polycount the model weights 60 tris. Now I'll go and fool around incase I'd happen to get some bunker props done...

Last edited: Jul 8, 2006
  14. HornyRabbit

HornyRabbit Member

Weird, im compiling my stuff in less that 5 seconds per prop...If the countless hours of trying to figure out why collision model wont work.

Those look just the same as were my first ones :)

15. Wereaser

Wereaser Member

:D I didn't mean the compiling time. Getting the paths right and goofing around with the .qc file and collision models and arrghh... I guess I'll do some more modeling and compile on some other day...

16. supaste

supaste Member

where do i put these files so i can use them in hammer?

17. supaste

supaste Member

sry my bad theres a readme

...no wait i used the readme
    i put the file hr_rabbit_pack in my empires folder and it didnt show up on the props list when i went to open it from the world model viewer.

i tryed putting hr_rabbit in the empoires model viewer file and then on the orld model viewer thing i found the files but they only showed up under colisional boundry

where do i put the files??? (exactly)

18. Slasher

Slasher Member

I think I might post about my Imperial bunker model that I have been working on
    [​IMG]

I even got the phys box working correctly

I designed it like a empires building, so it can be place over uneven terrain with parts of it going through the ground.

I would like to hear your feedback.

19. HornyRabbit

HornyRabbit Member

supaste, if you read it carefully you might notice that it says UNPACK... go figure rest :P

Not bad slasher. im amazed that you got physbox work, when im trying to make that complex buildings physbox all i end up with is studiocompiler crashing or just uncomplete physbox.
    On other notes: textures/uv map needs improvement and mebbe an acces to the roof.

20. Slasher

Slasher Member

Your studiocompiler crashes? My never crashed, ever.

Anyway to stop your studiocompiler truncating large phys box, create a desktop shortcut (if you don't already have one), open it's properties, at the end of the 'target' filed where it says '\studiomdl.exe', change it to '\studiomdl.exe -fullcollide'.

And you can get on the roof, just jump on the sandbags and jump duck onto the roof, I done it many times in game.

And the sandbags textures was somthing I quickly put Together, I know it looks bad but it better then what I had befor.