come play

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by chrono, Nov 30, 2013.

1. chrono

chrono Member

i dont know if he wants me to put his name in a forum so ill call him "player"
    chatlog:
    EmpiresOrganization: whats the main reason made you stop playing?
    EmpiresOrganization: (on regular occasions)
    player: well I played loads a couple of years ago and was considered amongst the 'vets'
    player: part of bsid and everything
    player: then i stopped to finish my uni degree
    player: went to get back into it and 'hobbes' was ridiculously rude to me
    player: and I thought if the community has turned like that I shouldnt come back
    player: :)
    EmpiresOrganization: yea that what happaned to me
    EmpiresOrganization: :)
    EmpiresOrganization: what i learned though recently, is that it is not the truth, and he doesnt reperesent any comunbity
    EmpiresOrganization: and that majority didnt like him
    EmpiresOrganization: actually, that what caused the lack of players today in empires
    EmpiresOrganization: so, according to what i know, it hasdrastically chaned because of it, and the owner of the server was not aware o this

another evidence for admins power of player count

2. chrono

chrono Member

i will gladly unstrange my posts if youll give me pointers where is the lack of normalness

also
    the problem is that it is not nominatable.

please a-z-k or whoever (vicki?) make it nominatable. most players want a good empires match. but most players in a -10 players server, would prefer a santa map. which without an admin is impossible.

3. D.D.D. Destroyer

D.D.D. Destroyer Member Staff Member Moderator

Hobbes was probably messing with him, good effort on your part though.

4. chrono

chrono Member

it does not matters if he did or did not. it is undesired by most.
    and i dont think he messed with him.

lordz - i suggest currently not modyfing anything besides the equation that says: up to 6 players = one santa
    6-12 two santas (and so on)...with team balance...
    limiting classes?...i dont know...the whole fun and amazing thing about empires is the combination stuff that people come up with regarding all the function that empires have. and how they miht cooperate with each other.
    lets just put more santas, and see later if class limitation is needed for improving the fun.
    i suggest about health modifying:
    4 NF players = 8000(regular)
    5 = 9000(maybe more?)
    6 = 10000 " " " " ' " "
    7 = 6000 two santas
    and then each player 500
    13 = 3 santa. each have 12000 (you have to emember that when numbers are growing the teamwork rises too. which is another bonus NF will get. plus disorientation from the BE because of too many players at once...ect...)
    each another NF player is 650 + to santa

beyond that, i think the people would prefer a regular epires map.

also, i dont remember, but i think there was limitation about tickets in NF?
    if there is, disable it (or just 9999999999tickets)

Last edited: Dec 10, 2013
  5. Lazybum

Lazybum :D Staff Member Moderator

I think you can nominate for maps that aren't on the list if you put the full map name after nominate, "nominate emp_canyon" for example. I could be wrong but I swear I've seen people do that. Also the nominate menu seems to remove maps that have been recently voted in. I'm not sure how many rounds have to pass before it shows up again in the nominate menu.

I like hobbes. If he ever opts in for commander I will vote for him every single time. He knows how to make the game fun.

6. Grantrithor

Grantrithor Member

Maybe chrono is *****'s french cousin?

dude that guy is just a whiner, hobbes is the nicest guy around here after senor_awesome. He's just buttmad because hobbes has the ability to play the game and not worry about the negative things in life, like losing.

7. chrono

chrono Member

that guy is another player who left because treatment of admins.
    it doesnt matters if you think he is whining. and the entire conversation showed a person far from whining (not posted)
    weather you think he is whining or not, that what happaned. im helping bringing it up.

what i said is far from being about hobbes (which..i dont even remember), its just so people would be more aware of what admins actions can cause. this subject is known already.and its the second person i have talked to (from yesterday till now) that said admins were the reason they didnt play or years.
    this is a fact. and thats what i brouht up.

8. D.D.D. Destroyer

D.D.D. Destroyer Member Staff Member Moderator

It's not hard to NOT whine for a while, particularly when dealing with a new acquaintance. Right after something bad (admins) happened or among people you know is a whole different story.

Appearances are deceiving.

9. Z100000M

Z100000M Vithered Weteran

Maybe if you fancy enema.
    Shit, I'd even take fn over hobbes. At least he is not stupid enough to get himself killed the stupidest way possible.

10. Candles

Candles CAPTAIN CANDLES, DUN DUN DUN, DUN DUN DUN DUN.

I don't see what Hobbes has to do with admins; he isn't one last time I checked, and I'd be surprised if he was made one.

11. communism

communism poof

part of bsid but can't take a flame, must be one of the newer ones

12. complete_

complete_ lamer

if you like hobbes you probably contributed to the game dying
    he should've been banned a long time ago for griefing just like how every other player used to be

and hes not even entertaining at it

13. BigTeef

BigTeef Bootleg Headshot master

Under what circumstance do you listen to a drug addict who gets a vehicle stuck on pebbles.

14. .:.HeXi.:. emcalex329

.:.HeXi.:. emcalex329 Member

Presumably, under the circumstances of a video game.

15. Señor_Awesome

Señor_Awesome Member

Seriously, the idea of Hobbes being rude to somebody is literally laughable. As in, I laughed while imagining this. I think he jokingly called somebody 'stupid-head' once. Granted, many people have been frustrated with him over time, but generally it's more of an "oh, you" than actual anger. It's pretty difficult to stay mad at him, though I do know a couple players who have been very vocal to me in the past about him.
    :|ove: Seriously, Hobbes is just plain friendly. I've known new players to stick around awhile after playing with certain commanders, and Hobbes is pretty high on that list. Okay, that may have been an understatement. He's #1 on that list.
    Fairly certain he isn't, I've checked.
    I'm getting really tired of this random resurgence of admin hate on the forums.

Empires is dying by Senor_Awesome
    "Why don't we have any players?" the forum-goers cried
    "Too much rainbowroad!" the forum-goers replied
    "Rainbowroad is off rotation, why do we still have no players?" they cry
    "Obviously it's the community's negativity towards new players!" is the reply
    "Well... you see... we um, we've been working on that" they mumble
    "We find that isn't working, we've tried and we've tried and we're really quite humble!"
    "I know! I know what is!" Exclaimed a voice long forgotten
    "Bad admins explain all the players so misbegotten!"
    "Bad admins! Badmins! The perfect explanation,
    they are the reason for our game's reputation!"
    Posting, they blame and they blame, never content
    with the game time they so happily spent.
    [​IMG]
    See me after class

16. BigTeef

BigTeef Bootleg Headshot master

Im saving this

17. complete_

complete_ lamer

congrats on rainbowroad not being on rotation

doesnt stop steve and other people from putting it on every 5 maps

18. chrono

chrono Member

read post 127 this thread.
    also, he was an admin. the presented case is about the past.
    i also wish you would come play more (and get killed as a santa) and feel better (as you said ingame)

19. Freaknovich

Freaknovich Member

It's easy to blame Steve, but he does constantly get begged to put it on by kids like Connexion (so he can be comm for BE, rush HE heavies and win without trying). At the same time, Steve should maintain a firm stance on what some players want and what is the right thing to do. It just seems he has grown jaded and doesn't want to "deal with shit", then easily gives in to these minority demands. In other words, removing rainbowroad from the server is the only real solution. Yes, kids will cry about it, but it will not stop them from playing the game, whereas having the map being played stops a good number of players from joining.

20. Lazybum

Lazybum :D Staff Member Moderator

Freak is kinda right. Steve doesn't say no very often unless there is like 20+ people on. Rainbow road isn't the main problem though.

I do think there is the problem where people play for a few maps over like 1-2 hours and simply have enough of empires. And no new players are joining to replace the ones that quit. So it may seem like certain maps kill the server but usually these people have been playing for quite some time. They just go, "well I'm not that big of a fan of this map so I guess I'll quit now."

While a lot of people hate certain maps, you can't argue that there is quite a few people that will join if it shows up and quit right afterwards because they had there fun a map they like. Really, I think it is only the serious players that truly hate maps like rainbow road. These people don't join the server unless there is at least 20+ people anyway though. So I'm not sure you can blame them.